PDA

View Full Version : James Harrison Seems Upset

Joemailman
07-13-2011, 04:13 PM
http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/James-Harrison-calls-Goodell-crook-devil-says-I-hate-him.html

In a bombastic interview that reveals just how much he resents the league office fining him repeatedly last year for illegal hits, Pittsburgh Steelers linebacker James Harrison verbally assaulted NFL commissioenr Roger Goodell.

Harrison called Goodell a "crook," and a "devil," as well as an anti-gay slur, "stupid, "puppet," and "dictator," in an interview with Men's Journal.

“If that man was on fire and I had to piss to put him out, I wouldn’t do it,” Harrison said, per the Associated Press. “I hate him and will never respect him.”

I suspect Steelers management will have to address this. This goes beyond normal criticism of the commissioner. Steelers have had more offseason problems the last couple of years than they're used to, even though this pales in comparison to the Roethlisberger situation.

Fritz
07-13-2011, 04:28 PM
Would he get fined more if he said he would piss on the commisioner? I mean, if I were Harrison's agent I would argue that Harrison essentially said he would not piss on Roger Goodell.

Deputy Nutz
07-13-2011, 04:30 PM
"I wouldn't shit on him either."

hoosier
07-13-2011, 04:58 PM
I wonder if James Harrison is showing signs of traumatic encephalopathy.

red
07-13-2011, 05:37 PM
james harrison seems like a whinny little bitch IMO, all the guy has done the last year is cry about one thing or another

mraynrand
07-13-2011, 05:59 PM
I like this guy. He's got that Wayne Simmons attitude. Just keep the truck keys away from him or he might really 'flip out.'

bobblehead
07-13-2011, 06:42 PM
I think he showed incredible stupidity to say these things publicly....I doubt he said anything another 100 NFL players haven't said privately.

Freak Out
07-13-2011, 06:48 PM
Man....talk about burning a bridge or two. Criticism is often warranted and constructive but in this he seems to be just stupidly flapping his gums.

MadtownPacker
07-13-2011, 06:50 PM
Looks like the Superbowl loser hangover is kicking in just in time.

Just ask Hines...

Lurker64
07-13-2011, 07:26 PM
Looks like the Superbowl loser hangover is kicking in just in time.

Just ask Hines...

"Lurker64, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:"

What does this mean?

red
07-13-2011, 07:36 PM
"Lurker64, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:"

What does this mean?

it means you're a giant flapping worthless vagina

shit, i got it too

MadtownPacker
07-13-2011, 11:55 PM
Does it work for you now?

Patler
07-14-2011, 12:01 AM

I get the same error message.

gbgary
07-14-2011, 12:42 AM

no

red
07-14-2011, 07:09 AM
nope, i still get the same message

Tarlam!
07-14-2011, 07:25 AM
No, it aint working, Mad.

But the guy screwed up in my mind when I read this
And he questioned whether black players are more heavily fined than white players.

I mean, get off my middle class white ass already. I don't care if you're a black man. I'll hate you just as much as I hate anybody. Maybe I hate Mexicans more.

hoosier
07-14-2011, 08:14 AM
Here is the famous mug shot. Oh wait, that's Hines Ward getting mugged.

http://img121.imageshack.us/img121/3541/97209871.jpg

get louder at lambeau
07-14-2011, 10:13 AM
I can't see the pic, and I can't reply to this gay little PM you sent me either, Madtown-

In case you are that stupid

As you well know you will be treated differently than other posters here. So feel free to talk shit about me, it is all good and as I told you before you can come to the posters game and do it in my face. I dont have expectations of cowards so maybe you will surprise me. But expect the plug to get pulled quick if you try pushing sites here.

Reality is you should be pimping PackerRats, cuz lets face, this place is better when it comes to the posters. Otherwise you would be at your shithole(s). So play nice so I dont have to play dirty.

Thanks for stopping by,
MTP

Apparently I can read PMs but not send them after your faggot hissyfit banning.

hoosier
07-14-2011, 11:34 AM
Shouldn't that be in the "infractions for your actions" thread? :cnf:

get louder at lambeau
07-14-2011, 11:40 AM
Shouldn't that be in the "infractions for your actions" thread? :cnf:

Never heard of it. It SHOULD just be in my and Madtown's PM boxes, but he blocked my PMing ability like the fag he is. The "not authorized" thing with Hines Ward's mugshot just reminded me about this and my temporary banning for making fun of the Admin's failures and internet-tough-guy attitude.

mraynrand
07-14-2011, 11:46 AM
http://lolpics.se/pics/26304.jpg

mraynrand
07-14-2011, 11:48 AM
http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg194/backwoodz_tuner/internet_tough_guys.jpg

mraynrand
07-14-2011, 11:49 AM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l8e3y4Tylm1qzlowso1_500.jpg

MadtownPacker
07-14-2011, 12:52 PM
FYI I will take crap like this from skinbasket cuz has actually gives a shit about this forum but louder is tripping for thinking he can disrupt threads with his BS. I gave him a timeout and he still persist so he is gone.

Tarlam!
07-14-2011, 03:43 PM
FYI I will take crap like this from skinbasket cuz has actually gives a shit about this forum but louder is tripping for thinking he can disrupt threads with his BS. I gave him a timeout and he still persist so he is gone.

I posted my position on this in RR, so it's an in-house discussion - we don't need to wash laundry where everyone can see it.

As to the original thread, NFL.com has a great article on this whole episode that I can recommend. Kinda makes me wish Harrison was a Packer. Quetsion: How many of us really miss the last Commissioner? Harrison stated loudly what I've always thought. Just the racism crap gets old.

sharpe1027
07-14-2011, 04:27 PM
I feel bad for him. There is no reason that he shouldn't be able to decide what the rules should be for the entire league. After all, he is James Harrison. Totally unfair.

Joemailman
07-14-2011, 04:40 PM
I can't see the pic, and I can't reply to this gay little PM you sent me either, Madtown-

In case you are that stupid

As you well know you will be treated differently than other posters here. So feel free to talk shit about me, it is all good and as I told you before you can come to the posters game and do it in my face. I dont have expectations of cowards so maybe you will surprise me. But expect the plug to get pulled quick if you try pushing sites here.

Reality is you should be pimping PackerRats, cuz lets face, this place is better when it comes to the posters. Otherwise you would be at your shithole(s). So play nice so I dont have to play dirty.

Thanks for stopping by,
MTP

Apparently I can read PMs but not send them after your faggot hissyfit banning.

There's going to be a Posters game? Great! Which week?

retailguy
07-14-2011, 05:34 PM
Quetsion: How many of us really miss the last Commissioner?

Not me. That jackass got us the last CBA. What a fucking mess that turned out to be. Tagliabue had no balls, that's just as big of a problem as someone with too many balls. Goodell is tougher than he needs to be because he's got to bring the ship back a ways from the mess he was left. I have some direct experience with that so I understand. Getting criticized is part of the job and I'm certain he doesn't care.

Thanks, BTW, for posting the other comments in the romper room. Maybe I had a little impact after all... (It wasn't always that way for a lot of us....) :) that's growth, I'd say!

Freak Out
07-14-2011, 05:34 PM

November 6 at San Diego...I'm hosting a party at Alpine Brewing on Saturday as well. :)

MJZiggy
07-14-2011, 06:16 PM

Doesn't there need to be a season first?

Joemailman
07-14-2011, 06:25 PM
Doesn't there need to be a season first?

The CBA is all but complete. Need a schedule? http://prod.static.packers.clubs.nfl.com//assets/docs/2011football_schedule.pdf

MJZiggy
07-14-2011, 06:40 PM
The CBA is all but complete. Need a schedule? http://prod.static.packers.clubs.nfl.com//assets/docs/2011football_schedule.pdf

The dumbasses need to finish it. Time's a wastin'.

Tarlam!
07-14-2011, 06:54 PM
Not me. That jackass got us the last CBA. What a fucking mess that turned out to be. Tagliabue had no balls, that's just as big of a problem as someone with too many balls. Goodell is tougher than he needs to be because he's got to bring the ship back a ways from the mess he was left. I have some direct experience with that so I understand. Getting criticized is part of the job and I'm certain he doesn't care.

Goodell is a goon. I don't even get why the NFL needs the squeaky clean image it strives for. These are football players!

Tabs, IMO, was a great Commish.

mraynrand
07-14-2011, 07:24 PM
They call me MISTER Tabs!

http://media.nj.com/rutgers/photo/former-nfl-commissioner-paul-tagliabue-file-e76a8241b66f4019_large.jpg

Joemailman
07-14-2011, 07:28 PM
Goodell is a goon. I don't even get why the NFL needs the squeaky clean image it strives for. These are football players!

Money. He doesn't want just football fanatics watching NFL football. He wants families watching NFL football. The image of the league can also be important to certain TV sponsors. I also thing he's genuinely concerned about the issue of player concussions, as the players get ever bigger and faster.

Tarlam!
07-14-2011, 11:36 PM
Money. He doesn't want just football fanatics watching NFL football. He wants families watching NFL football. The image of the league can also be important to certain TV sponsors. I also thing he's genuinely concerned about the issue of player concussions, as the players get ever bigger and faster.

Nolo contendere

Tarlam!
07-15-2011, 12:31 AM

wootah
07-15-2011, 05:33 AM
Kinda makes me wish Harrison was a Packer.

I can still somewhat understand the criticism of the comish although not with the manner in which it was expressed, but you'd like a guy to publicly criticize the competence of his teammates? And not just the third string holder, but the starting QB & RB?

Tarlam!
07-15-2011, 06:21 AM
I guess you're right, Wootah.

pbmax
07-16-2011, 01:12 PM
Nolo contendere

Money and lawsuits. The League cannot afford to be reactive to head injuries. The list of potential litigants would be long.

And I am not buying Goodell > Tagliabue. Tags secured nearly 20 years of labor peace and growth. The complaining didn't start until Goodell was seated with strong backing from Kraft.

Not coincidentally, Goodell was instrumental in the NFL allowing teams to secure their own licensing deals, even ones that competed against league-wide deals. That spawned a huge source of revenue that teams could keep for themselves (at the time) AND the fight in 2006 to include that new and substantial revenue source in the CBA.

pbmax
07-16-2011, 01:17 PM
Harrison did raise an interesting point about guaranteed contracts and fear of injury. I am not sure I buy the knee versus head injury fear, but it definitely raises interesting questions since there is little doubt behaviors would change. However, if the NHL finals were indicative of the recent past, it doesn't seem to have solved the problem there.