PDA

View Full Version : Rookies most excited to see play

b bulldog
08-12-2006, 11:05 AM
I am looking forward to Mario obviously, am also looking forward to Young, White,Bush and more of Cutler. Mario's teammates are saying that he reminds them of a much bigger Javon Kearse. I still drewel at the thought of him wearing green and gold but I'm sure that he never will. :sad: Kiwi looked very good for the Gmen last night as did Alex Smith for the 49ers.

BananaMan
08-12-2006, 12:06 PM
For the Packers, I'd say Jennings, Hawk, Hodge, Colledge, Spitz, and Martin (in that order).

For everyone else in the NFL, I'd say Bush, Young, and Mario.

MJZiggy
08-12-2006, 12:08 PM
I'm going out on a limb and saying C.Rodgers. Wanna see what happens when he's not at practice...

MadtownPacker
08-12-2006, 12:27 PM
Culver on defense and Jennings on O. Hope GJ locks up that #3 spot soon.

b bulldog
08-12-2006, 12:28 PM
All the Packer rookies are a given. Hawk,Hodge and Jennings are my three and I'm interested in Spitz and Colledge also.

RashanGary
08-12-2006, 12:53 PM
I'm going out on a limb and saying C.Rodgers. Wanna see what happens when he's not at practice...

I was starting to think he was a gonner but in game time, the kid seems to be electric. I'm curious about this too. Sometimes guys are just gamers.

BF4MVP
08-12-2006, 12:55 PM
I'm pretty pumped to see Hodge play

GBRulz
08-12-2006, 01:06 PM
I'd love to see Leinart playing when I go to the AZ game this year.

I love to hate the holdout rookies!

BallHawk
08-12-2006, 01:12 PM
On the Packers it'd be, besides the obvious ones, Culver and Ingle Martin.

In the NFL I want to see Bush, Young, and DeAngelo Williams.

RashanGary
08-12-2006, 01:17 PM
It was nice to see Bush get dropped to #2. I think it humbled him and his agent. He should be fun to watch.

Deputy Nutz
08-12-2006, 03:50 PM
I was suprised to see Maroney play as well as he did last night, good for the Pats. I believe they passed on Deangelo Williams for Maroney.

red
08-12-2006, 03:59 PM
i can't wait to see bush play in the pros, just like i couldn't wait to watch him every week the last 2 years at USC. he's just so much fun to watch

other then bush, its all hawk, hodge and jennings for me. i would say all the packers rookies, but watching o-lineman play doesn't really excite me, even though their job is just as important as the others

i don't care about any other rookies for any other teams

HarveyWallbangers
08-12-2006, 05:02 PM
I'm with Red. If you aren't hyped to see Reggie Bush play, then I don't know how much you really like to watch football.
:D

PaCkFan_n_MD
08-12-2006, 06:59 PM
Am incited to see A.J. I hope he has great game and shuts some people up.

b bulldog
08-13-2006, 12:43 AM
I'm also looking forward to see how the rookie LB's in the north shake out.

woodbuck27
08-13-2006, 12:54 AM
Culver on defense and Jennings on O. Hope GJ locks up that #3 spot soon.

FS Tyrone Culver had one of the best games for us tonight. One of very few bright spots.

8 unassisted tackles - 1 assisted tackle.

Abdul Hodge was 5 and 1.

b bulldog
08-13-2006, 01:08 AM
cULVER LOOKED DECENT AND ALSO DID hODGE.

HarveyWallbangers
08-13-2006, 12:04 PM
I thought Culver looked decent, and Hodge looked poor. He was getting lit up in coverage all night. Ryan Krause did much of his damage with Hodge covering him.

b bulldog
08-13-2006, 02:54 PM
Hodge didn't look poor he just didn't look great. hIS COVERAGE SKILLS are bad at the moment as are every lb we have except for Barnett. Hawk made some plays but was far from dominating. He does get engulfed a bit much and his blitzing skills are average but I like the way he hits. In my opinion, when all is said and done, he'll be fine but he diesn't have nowhere near the ball skills that Urlacher has.

b bulldog
08-13-2006, 03:01 PM
Hodge did have 5 tackles and a assist and Hawk had 2 tacKles with three assists.

HarveyWallbangers
08-13-2006, 03:27 PM
Hodge did have 5 tackles and a assist and Hawk had 2 tacKles with three assists.

They must have been watching a different game. Three of Hodge's solo tackles were downfield on pass receptions that he gave up. I'd venture to guess that Hawk was primarily responsible for all three of his assisted tackles, and most of his tackles were near the line of scrimmage.

Hodge looked better in the scrimmage, and I stated that. I said he needed to show he can cover. He didn't do that last night. He looked horrible. Hawk clearly outplayed Hodge last night.

b bulldog
08-13-2006, 04:21 PM
I agree Hawk looked better but Hawk didn't look the best in coverage either.

HarveyWallbangers
08-13-2006, 04:42 PM
I agree Hawk looked better but Hawk didn't look the best in coverage either.

Hawk gave up an initial completion against the best TE ever, Antonio Gates. Hodge didn't come close to covering Ryan Krause, for Crip's sake.

b bulldog
08-13-2006, 05:53 PM
Hodge is a better tackler and Hawk is a bit better in coverage. Hodge is the better blitzer. Funny, we are arguing whether our third rounder looks better than the 5th overall. Hopefully for the teams sake Hawk becomes an animal at LB cause he is already being paid as one.