PDA

View Full Version : Funny PFT Picture

BallHawk
08-12-2006, 01:03 PM
http://www.profootballtalk.com/HavelCutout.jpg

Chris Havel practices his Lord Favre interview technique.

RashanGary
08-12-2006, 01:10 PM
That is good.....ROFL..

BF4MVP
08-12-2006, 01:40 PM
WTF

I hate PFT... :roll:

red
08-12-2006, 06:15 PM
yeah, it looks like their obsession with brett has flaired back up again

BallHawk
08-12-2006, 07:10 PM
yeah, it looks like their obsession with brett has flaired back up again

Yes it has.
-------------------------
We've had a chance to take a closer look at the ratings for the 2007 edition of the EA Sports Madden franchise. And it appears to us that a certain Packers quarterback got a certain benefit of the doubt from a certain big fella who thinks that certain bronze busts come to life when no one is looking.

Specifically, Lord Favre gets an 88 in the game, even though his passer rating for 2005 wasn't among the top 30 quarterbacks in the NFL. It's further evidence, in our view, of the lifetime free pass that Favre has secured from certain segments of the football universe.

Then again, some Cheeseheads likely will be livid about the "low" rating in the Madden game, given that an 88 puts him squarely in the middle of the pack, at a three-way tie for 15th -- with Eli Manning and Steve McNair -- among the 32 NFL starting quarterbacks.

Given Favre's performance in 2005, however, we think that 15 is about 15 spots too high.

Other ratings of note? Peyton Manning is the only 99 among quarterbacks, with Tom Brady at 98. Pittsburgh's Ben Roethsliberger is only a 92, the same as Drew Brees.

Though those four and 10 others are ranked higher than Favre, the grizzled veteran trumps each of the golden boys of the 2006 draft class: Mario Williams is an 87, Reggie Bush is an 87, Vince Young is an 82, and Matt Leinart is an 81.

Does any of this matter? Sort of, to the extent that any of these guys use actual or perceived slights as motivation for the 2006 season. Eli Manning an 88? Steve McNair an 88? Chris Simms an 84? Jon Kitna an 83? Kelly Holcomb a 79? (Okay, maybe Holcomb deserves a 79. Or lower.)

And, trust us, these guys pay attention to the numbers. Some have groused about it in the past, others would never admit it. But they notice -- surely some of them use it to get themselves worked up in an effort to perform at a higher level than the NFL video game of record projects.

HarveyWallbangers
08-12-2006, 07:14 PM
What's the background of the PFT guy?

BallHawk
08-12-2006, 07:32 PM
There's been rumors that he is a Vikings fans, an Eagles fan, a Cowboys fan, etc. Really nobody knows. Mainly, he's just a guy that enjoys ripping on a lot of people. He goes a little over the top on the Lord Favre thing, but the thing with Chris Havel was freakin hillarious. I was laughing for two minutes when I saw it.

Rastak
08-12-2006, 07:34 PM
What's the background of the PFT guy?

He's a lawyer but worked for ESPN as a writer of some sort. He quit ESPN and started up PFT.com.

b bulldog
08-13-2006, 12:37 AM
I liked the one where Havel was polishing Brett's balls!

woodbuck27
08-13-2006, 12:45 AM
There's been rumors that he is a Vikings fans, an Eagles fan, a Cowboys fan, etc. Really nobody knows. Mainly, he's just a guy that enjoys ripping on a lot of people. He goes a little over the top on the Lord Favre thing, but the thing with Chris Havel was freakin hillarious. I was laughing for two minutes when I saw it.

Yes ! It's cool. That's PFT's Gig. :mrgreen:

b bulldog
08-13-2006, 12:46 AM
I do think Havel is ikn love with Brett even more so than 007 or GBM.

GrnBay007
08-13-2006, 12:48 AM
I do think Havel is ikn love with Brett even more so than 007 or GBM.

NO WAY!! :shock:

:razz:

b bulldog
08-13-2006, 12:51 AM
Maybe he just has a much bigger platforn to spread his love.