PDA

View Full Version : Kolb

Smidgeon
07-20-2011, 11:42 AM
I really don't get why everyone thinks Kolb's worth all that and a bag of chips...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/07/20/more-details-a-possible-kevin-kolb-deal-for-rodgers-cromartie/

Tarlam!
07-20-2011, 11:46 AM
Well, he's not Claymaker-Proof, but he seems to be a decent QB.

MadScientist
07-20-2011, 12:17 PM
He's a starting-caliber NFL QB. Teams without one suck. The Cardinals have enough at other positions that adding a real QB will move them up to the category of not-sucking. A team in the NFC-west that doesn't suck is sure to be the favorite in that division, so Kolb has significant value to the Cards.

MJZiggy
07-20-2011, 12:22 PM
He's a starting-caliber NFL QB. Teams without one suck. The Cardinals have enough at other positions that adding a real QB will move them up to the category of not-sucking. A team in the NFC-west that doesn't suck is sure to be the favorite in that division, so Kolb has significant value to the Cards.

I like this logic.

Smidgeon
07-20-2011, 01:04 PM
How many starting caliber QBs are there in the NFL? 15? 20?

Tony Oday
07-20-2011, 01:30 PM
32 usually since most teams have a QB start the game ;)

MadScientist
07-20-2011, 01:39 PM
How many starting caliber QBs are there in the NFL? 15? 20?

Hard to say, but if we ignore the backups and the draftee's (can't tell before they play), I can think of these teams that don't have a QB worth anything:
ARI
SF
SEA
WAS
CAR
MN
BUF
MIA
CIN
TEN
JAC
OAK
DEN

That would pin the number at 19 starting caliber QB's plus backups like Kolb and draftee's that pan out. As always, age, injury or lack of development could drop a few of the 19 off the list.

Smidgeon
07-20-2011, 06:23 PM
32 usually since most teams have a QB start the game ;)

"Starting caliber" not "starters".

EDIT: MS laid it out better.

Guiness
07-21-2011, 11:39 AM
Hard to say, but if we ignore the backups and the draftee's (can't tell before they play), I can think of these teams that don't have a QB worth anything:
ARI
SF
SEA
WAS
CAR
MN
BUF
MIA
CIN
TEN
JAC
OAK
DEN

That would pin the number at 19 starting caliber QB's plus backups like Kolb and draftee's that pan out. As always, age, injury or lack of development could drop a few of the 19 off the list.

You forgot

DA BEARS!

And, I'd actually pull Denver off the list. Orton isn't a world beater, but has been serviceable. Put together a good season last year, even if he didn't finish strong.

Tony Oday
07-21-2011, 11:59 AM
"Starting caliber" not "starters".

EDIT: MS laid it out better.

Well I think you all are talking about quality starters :)

On that thought why not trade Flynn for a 1st rounder.

Smidgeon
07-21-2011, 12:00 PM
You forgot

DA BEARS!

And, I'd actually pull Denver off the list. Orton isn't a world beater, but has been serviceable. Put together a good season last year, even if he didn't finish strong.

Except Denver's going with Tebow instead of Orton.

MJZiggy
07-21-2011, 12:11 PM
Well I think you all are talking about quality starters :)

On that thought why not trade Flynn for a 1st rounder.

Because Flynn is most likely better.

smuggler
07-21-2011, 01:13 PM
I'd say Buffalo and Jacksonville have decent QBs. Possibly Cincy and Washington have guys who are on the slide, but still okay.

MadScientist
07-21-2011, 01:15 PM
You forgot

DA BEARS!

Except Denver's going with Tebow instead of Orton.

As much as I hate Da Bears, I have to call Cuttler a starting-caliber QB. He was pretty good last season after Martz dropped the 'Let's get our QB killed offense'. If he didn't get injured in the NFCC they might have even taken that game.

Smidgeon is right, Denver thinks little enough of Orton that they will go with Tebow, who isn't starting caliber yet, and may well never be.

MadScientist
07-21-2011, 01:52 PM
I'd say Buffalo and Jacksonville have decent QBs. Possibly Cincy and Washington have guys who are on the slide, but still okay.

I need to see a little more of Buffalo's QB, as the team was so bad last year. I'll give you that Garrard is serviceable enough, but Cincy's QB won't play for Cincy, and I wasn't expecting McNabb to be back in Washington.

HarveyWallbangers
07-21-2011, 11:42 PM
I'm probably in the minority now, but I think Kolb will end up being a good starting QB. Not elite, but better than average.

Bretsky
07-21-2011, 11:45 PM
I'm probably in the minority now, but I think Kolb will end up being a good starting QB. Not elite, but better than average.

Ditto
Always thought he's a solid prospect
IMO he'd be a great pickup for Arizona

vince
07-22-2011, 09:05 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/07/21/kevin-kolb-and-larry-fitzgerald-have-already-practiced-together/
Kevin Kolb and Larry Fitzgerald have already practiced together

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on July 21, 2011, 5:07 PM EDT

Craig Morgan of the FOXSportsArizona.com reports that Kolb and Cardinals wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald already had a throwing session together at Arizona State earlier this July.

Fitzgerald runs a big group of player workouts in Minnesota which included Kyle Orton at one point, but this was a little different. It was private and apparently intended to be kept quiet.

In other Kolb-Arizona news, Sal Paolantonio said on the Colin Cowherd show Thursday that Kolb is already looking for real estate in Arizona. We still think Seattle will have a say in all this before things are done, but the signs have been pointing to the Cardinals for a little while now.

Tarlam!
07-22-2011, 01:14 PM
If he didn't get injured in the NFCC they might have even taken that game.

I think you should wash your mouth out with soap!

smuggler
07-22-2011, 01:55 PM
Yeah, I disagree on that note. I think Hanie outplayed Cutler in every respect, and he was one of the main reasons why the Bears made a game of it.

MadScientist
07-22-2011, 02:09 PM
If he didn't get injured in the NFCC they might have even taken that game.

I think you should wash your mouth out with soap!

Gurgle, gurgle, gurgle.

(rinse with Kool-Aid)

Ahh that's better. I see now that no way would the B**rs ever have won. The if game is just for their sorry fans.