PDA

View Full Version : FREE AGENCY PREDICTIONS- GO ON RECORD

Bretsky
07-24-2011, 10:28 AM
OK, about five months of the normal free agency period is going to get jammed into a couple week period her.
THis stuff if going to be insane with players moving to other teams; it's in their best interest to do so quickly with a limited free agency period.

So for the bold ones who don't mind being wrong I thought I'd create a prediction thread to see how many calls we can make. I just have a few off the top of my head so I'll start

Bretsky
07-24-2011, 10:30 AM
Matt Hasslebeck----Gets Signed by Tennessee Titans
James Jones -----Gets Signed by my Rams (God knows they need a TON of help there)
Plaxico Burress-----Gets Signed by the Rams
Cullen Jenkins------Gets Signed by Washington Redskins (aging vet at top of game....this one has Redskins written all over it)

Joemailman
07-24-2011, 10:55 AM
Nnamdi Asomugha---Signed by Houston
Jonathan Joseph---Signed by Lions.

wist43
07-24-2011, 11:06 AM
Cullen Jenkins to the Bears
James Jones to the Rams

Tony Oday
07-24-2011, 12:14 PM
Any Packers loss is signed by the 40 years of futility Vikings

MJZiggy
07-24-2011, 12:43 PM
Tweet from Barnett this morning:

So with all these trade rumors and etc what do you guys think? Honest opinion :-) (this should be fun lol)

He got lots of opinions.

Bretsky
07-24-2011, 12:52 PM
WHAMMY PREDICTION cuz I don't want to see it happen

Nnamdi Asomugha---Signed by Tampa Bay

Deputy Nutz
07-24-2011, 12:58 PM
The Packers should get creative and sign Nnamdi Asomugha, but Ted won't do it. The Packers will be well under the salary cap and Clifton will come off the books next season which should free up some cash as well.

vince
07-24-2011, 01:06 PM
Hasselbeck - Tennessee
Jenkins - New Orleans
Asomugha - Houston
Holmes - Jets
Rice - Carolina (hopefully anywhere but Minnesota)
Alex Smith - Arizona (to compete/back-up Kolb)

bobblehead
07-24-2011, 01:09 PM
My only prediction is that the FA signings will be even dumber than normal as teams know they don't have time to think it through.

Bretsky
07-24-2011, 02:41 PM
Hasselbeck - Tennessee
Jenkins - New Orleans
Asomugha - Houston
Holmes - Jets
Rice - Carolina (hopefully anywhere but Minnesota)
Alex Smith - Arizona (to compete/back-up Kolb)

Hey, you don't get to predict somebody stays on their own team........lol

vince
07-24-2011, 02:59 PM
I forgot Young to Buffalo. I think that would be a good landing spot for him. There's some young talent there.

Bretsky
07-24-2011, 03:06 PM
Didn't Alex Smith already sign with San Fran ?

vince
07-24-2011, 03:14 PM
I don't think so, but I could be wrong. It's been so long since anyone has signed anywhere.

Brandon494
07-24-2011, 03:22 PM
Randy Moss -Pats
Hasselbeck - 49ers
Jenkins - Bears
James Jones- Rams
Asomugha - Cowboys
Rice - Vikings
Braylon Edwards-Skins
Vince Young- Seattle
Plaxico Burress- Steelers

Joemailman
07-24-2011, 08:27 PM
http://www.profootballweekly.com/2011/07/24/vikings-growing-concerned-rice-will-leave

• The Vikings quietly are growing concerned about their ability to retain WR Sidney Rice, who almost certainly will be a free agent when the lockout is lifted. Fourth-year free agents such as Rice now appear to be unrestricted free agents, and Rice is going to want to cash in. Several receiver-needy teams appear to be licking their chops at the idea of adding a 24-year-old playmaker who could help remake an offense.

Vikings are in a world of hurt if they lose Rice.

The word out of Green Bay is that massive DT Howard Green, who became a key cog on the defensive line last season after being picked off the waiver wire in late October, is currently tipping the scales between 350-355 pounds.

Glad to hear Howard is getting his weight down.

red
07-24-2011, 08:59 PM
i'm just gonna say that there's one dominate player out there that has made like 50 or 60 million over the last 3 years playing for one of the worst franchises in history. the guy wants to win now, he wants to play for a super bowl contender. and he's very good friends with chuck woodson. before the lockout there were rumbles that green bay was on his radar

just saying, don't get your hopes up, but don't be shocked

woodson-nnamdi-williams-shields- collins-burnett = repeat

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/614145-packers-shouldnt-rule-out-adding-nnamdi-asomugha-in-free-agency

Brando19
07-24-2011, 09:02 PM
Randy Moss: Panthers
James Jones: Bears
Cullen Jenkins: Redskins
Matt Hasselback: Titans
Vince Young: Bills
Asomugha: Vikings
T.O.: Rams
Nick Barnett (After he's cut): Lions
McNabb: Seahawks

Joemailman
07-24-2011, 09:08 PM
i'm just gonna say that there's one dominate player out there that has made like 50 or 60 million over the last 3 years playing for one of the worst franchises in history. the guy wants to win now, he wants to play for a super bowl contender. and he's very good friends with chuck woodson. before the lockout there were rumbles that green bay was on his radar

just saying, don't get your hopes up, but don't be shocked

woodson-nnamdi-williams-shields- collins-burnett = repeat

I don't see how that makes the Packers a lot better. If you bring him in to start at CB, you reduce T-Will's snaps and mostly put Shields on the bench. Just not sure it would be worth the money it would take.

red
07-24-2011, 09:33 PM
I don't see how that makes the Packers a lot better. If you bring him in to start at CB, you reduce T-Will's snaps and mostly put Shields on the bench. Just not sure it would be worth the money it would take.

asomugha instantly takes away the #1 receiver of any team you play, forcing that team to throw the ball towards, woodson, williams and shields and freeing up woordson to play more of that cb/LB hybrid

he was thrown at only 27 times in each of the last three years, he gave up 10 receptions all of last year, 13 in 2009 and 8 in 2008. he gave up no TD's last year

Joemailman
07-24-2011, 09:48 PM
He's a great player. I get that. I just don't know that it makes sense to use up 1/7th of your salary cap to make the league's best secondary better.

Harlan Huckleby
07-24-2011, 10:14 PM
maybe if they were ready to move woodson to safety

vince
07-24-2011, 10:14 PM
I'll be shocked if TT signs Asomugha. For this team, it seems like there's better value using that money to re-up Finley and Sitton. He'd have to take a serious discount or he'd upset the entire compensation structure of the roster. Can't see it.

Joemailman
07-24-2011, 10:22 PM
I'll be shocked if TT signs Asomugha. For this team, it seems like there's better value using that money to re-up Finley and Sitton. He'd have to take a serious discount or he'd upset the entire compensation structure of the roster. Can't see it.

Yep.

digitaldean
07-24-2011, 10:58 PM
asomugha instantly takes away the #1 receiver of any team you play, forcing that team to throw the ball towards, woodson, williams and shields and freeing up woordson to play more of that cb/LB hybrid

he was thrown at only 27 times in each of the last three years, he gave up 10 receptions all of last year, 13 in 2009 and 8 in 2008. he gave up no TD's last year

Red, that would be a DREAM scenario for the Pack. I have my doubts due to TT's previous free agency dealings, but what the heck, it doesn't hurt to think about it!

pbmax
07-25-2011, 09:40 AM
Its good to know Howard Green is in game shape (no sarcasm).

James Jones goes to the Jets
Cullen Jenkins goes to Redskins
Nick Barnett goes to Houston
Nmandi Asomugha goes to the Lions

Tiki Barber goes to the Seahawks

Bretsky
07-25-2011, 06:15 PM
Asomugha to the Lions would be very scary; don't wanna see that

esoxx
07-25-2011, 06:22 PM
Cullen Jenkins to the Bears.
After Nick Barnett is cut, he's signed by the Lions.

red
07-25-2011, 06:29 PM
Asomugha to the Lions would be very scary; don't wanna see that

asomugha wants to go to a true super bowl contander. the lions may be improving, but their still a ways away from being a super bowl team

Brandon494
07-25-2011, 06:34 PM
Nmandi Asomugha has stated he wants to go to a Super Bowl contending team. I think hes too smart of a person to leave the Raiders then turn around and sign with the Lions.

Unless he takes a HUGE paycut hes not coming to Green Bay either. I actually change my prediction and think he'll end up signing with TB.

MJZiggy
07-25-2011, 06:37 PM
Cullen Jenkins to the Bears.
After Nick Barnett is cut, he's signed by the Lions.

I can see them trading Barnett, but I don't see him being cut. I think they'd restructure him first because they know he really wants to be in GB.

Joemailman
07-25-2011, 11:23 PM
John Kuhn will test the free agent market. http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/126147638.html

mission
07-25-2011, 11:28 PM
Nmandi Asomugha has stated he wants to go to a Super Bowl contending team. I think hes too smart of a person to leave the Raiders then turn around and sign with the Lions.

Unless he takes a HUGE paycut hes not coming to Green Bay either. I actually change my prediction and think he'll end up signing with TB.

He goes to TB if he just wants to be on a winning team and is tired of the Raiders. The Bucs don't have enough to make them a real Super Bowl team yet.

I could see him going to the Jets even though I doubt they're a SB team even with him (- Cromartie).