PDA

View Full Version : Aaron Rodgers in perspective

Patler
07-26-2011, 05:25 AM
The Milwaukee JS has an interesting article evaluating the Packer QBs with some interesting information, perspective and opinions on Rodgers:

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/126151863.html

Some of the highlights (in my opinion):

1. Rodgers/Favre comparison, entering their 4th years as a starter:
Favre
26-19 in the regular season and 2-2 in the playoffs for an overall record of 28-21 (.571).
Passer ratings as a starter: 83.0 in the regular season, 79.9 in the playoffs and 82.7 overall.
Rodgers
27-20 in regular season, 4-1 playoffs, overall record of 31-21 (.596).
Passer ratings: 99.4 in the regular season, 112.6 in the playoffs and 100.7 overall.

2. Interesting Rodgers factoid: At midseason Rodgers' QB rating was a modest 85.3. In his last 8 regular season games and the playoffs he had a QB rating of 122.1 with a 71.4% completion percentage.

3. Interesting comments from a Steelers coach, Troy Polamalu and LeRoy Butler

Scott Campbell
07-26-2011, 08:02 AM
Thanks Ted!

vince
07-26-2011, 08:38 AM
Dan Marino had the quickest release I've ever seen," Keith Butler, a linebacker for Seattle from 1978-'87 and the Steelers linebackers coach since '03, said in June. "I think Rodgers has the same thing, and Rodgers maybe has a little more heat on the ball.
Dan Marino with legs and a better arm. That's saying a ton. Man I hope he stays healthy.

bobblehead
07-26-2011, 10:03 AM
His arm does rival Marinos, but man I love the mad bomber. And I don't think I would put that release in the Marino class. But yes, his legs make up for it, and his decision making put him above even Dan.

Hopefully he can tack on a few (10) more SB's and go down as the greatest ever!!

Noodle
07-26-2011, 03:49 PM
How must it feel to be a Bears fan and see the Packers replacing one Hall of Famer and top 10 all timer qb with a guy who in some ways may be even better.

Meanwhile, Bears QBs just keep sucking and sucking and sucking . . .

MJZiggy
07-26-2011, 03:58 PM
How must it feel to be a Bears fan and see the Packers replacing one Hall of Famer and top 10 all timer qb with a guy who in some ways may be even better.

Meanwhile, Bears QBs just keep sucking and sucking and sucking . . .

Ahhh that just sort of makes my day. Sort of.

Fritz
07-26-2011, 04:20 PM
Ah Jay Cutler. Yes. The BEARS quarterback.

If they sign James Jones, imagine the sideline after Cutler drops a perfect bomb into Jones's fingertips...and he drops it.

How much sulk can a Cutler sulk, if a Cutler could sulk good?

MJZiggy
07-26-2011, 04:24 PM

If they sign James Jones, imagine the sideline after Cutler drops a perfect bomb into Jones's fingertips...and he drops it.

Pretty much. That's one thing he's damn good at.

Lurker64
07-26-2011, 04:47 PM

If James Jones signs with the Bears, I very much want to see another Packers-Bears game be decided by a James Jones fumble.

pbmax
07-26-2011, 04:52 PM

Now that you mention it, that sounds like fun.

Fritz
07-26-2011, 04:58 PM
Though I do feel sorry for Lovie, saddled with the management that he is.

MJZiggy
07-26-2011, 08:15 PM
My sympathy is tempered by the fact that he works for the bears and has a sole goal each year of beating the Packers.