b bulldog
08-12-2006, 10:42 PM
Stats for Reggie Bush for his first three carries

PaCkFan_n_MD
08-12-2006, 10:44 PM
Yep, he's fricken crazy.

Partial
08-12-2006, 10:50 PM
Wow. What's a breakdown of the runs, though? Everyone breaks one every now and then.

PaCkFan_n_MD
08-12-2006, 10:52 PM
He broke one for 44 yards....

red
08-12-2006, 11:00 PM
well reggie bush in the pros looks just like regggie bush. i can't beleive people thought he couldn't do it in the pros

on his big run, the play was set up to go left, but it was all clogged. so reggie just turned around and turned on the jets to the corner and flew up the field for 44 yards.

vintage USC reggie bush

b bulldog
08-13-2006, 12:25 AM
It is still very early. He had one long run but time will tell.

Fosco33
08-13-2006, 02:55 AM
6 rushes for 59 yards...

Dang.

Tarlam!
08-13-2006, 07:19 AM
Does anyone have a good recipe for this crow I'm gonna have to eat?

Patler
08-13-2006, 07:25 AM
So, after going 3 for 52 he was 3 for 7?
Absent the 44 yarder, he was 5 for 15?

Is that correct?

RashanGary
08-13-2006, 07:45 AM
That's gonna be Bush's routine anyway. He'll get short gains when the run is stuffed, but once or twice a game, he'll break one. He was brought in to make big plays not churn out tough yards. It looks like Reggie Bush started his career in what should be typical Reggie Bush fashion.

Patler
08-13-2006, 08:07 AM
That's gonna be Bush's routine anyway. He'll get short gains when the run is stuffed, but once or twice a game, he'll break one. He was brought in to make big plays not churn out tough yards. It looks like Reggie Bush started his career in what should be typical Reggie Bush fashion.

Granted, but disciplined defenses often are not hurt by that type of runner. I have felt that Bush's biggest and most consistent contribution will be as a return man and maybe as a receiver.

Fosco33
08-13-2006, 08:16 AM

Granted, but disciplined defenses often are not hurt by that type of runner. I have felt that Bush's biggest and most consistent contribution will be as a return man and maybe as a receiver.

Barry Sanders hurt defenses and had similar streaky runs

RashanGary
08-13-2006, 08:17 AM
I'm not too worried about Reggie Bush. He'll make some hay in this league assuming he stays healthy.

jack's smirking revenge
08-13-2006, 08:21 AM

I was just going to make that comment. Barry Sanders often had little to negative yardage...(not comparing the two players)

tyler

Patler
08-13-2006, 08:26 AM

Actually, Sanders is exactly the guy I was thinking of. A phenominally productive runner who played many games in which he was a complete non-factor, such as the 1994 playoff game against the Packers in which he was held to -1 yard rushing.

woodbuck27
08-13-2006, 08:36 AM
Posted August 13, 2006

Davenport earns start

By Pete Dougherty
pdougher@greenbaypressgazette.com

SAN DIEGO — Najeh Davenport started at halfback ahead of Samkon Gado and Noah Herron on Saturday night in the Packers' exhibition opener against San Diego.

Ahman Green almost surely will be the starter this season when he gets healthy, but he didn't suit up Saturday night after just returning to a limited practice regimen last week. He's coming back from a torn quadriceps tendon.

In the meantime, Davenport, Gado and Herron are battling for the Nos. 2 and 3 jobs behind Green, though there's also the chance the Packers will keep all four of them on their final roste.

Either way, the top backup figures to get plenty of carries this season to give Green regular rest.

Coach Mike McCarthy has insisted he'll run the ball often, even when the run game struggles.

"You can not be a successful run team and blow out of it all the time, it just doesn't happen," McCarthy said.

"It's going to be ugly sometimes. Running the football is commitment. Passes are a lot more fun to call; I'll be the first to admit that. But running the football is essential to your football team, and stopping the run, I surely believe in it. You get in with the big boys, look at the playoff games. You've got to run that ball."

McCarthy said he's shooting for a 53-47 pass-run ratio this season.

"Everybody says they want to be 50-50 (pass-run), but I think if you want to score points in this league, you have to be around 53-47," McCarthy said. "That's ideal. You get about 56 (percent) throwing the ball, 58 (percent), you're kind of getting away, you're putting the stress on the quarterback too much."

Davenport is coming off a broken foot that required surgery last year and in a mild surprise passed his physical at the start of training after he looked like he could miss the first week or so of camp. However, he also sustained a calf injury that sidelined him for seven days and only returned Thursday night.

Comment woodbuck27:

McCarthy said - " he's shooting for a 53-47 pass-run ratio this season."

That ratio - doesn't reflect what he says overall in this release. In fact - it contradicts it. With a 53-47 pass - run ratio. We will get mauled ! I'm very surprised to read this statement by HC Mike McCarthy.

Fosco33
08-13-2006, 08:56 AM

Actually, Sanders is exactly the guy I was thinking of. A phenominally productive runner who played many games in which he was a complete non-factor, such as the 1994 playoff game against the Packers in which he was held to -1 yard rushing.

I agree - he could have issues w/ talented defenses. Regardless, these type of performances will require defenses to be very committed to their assignments as misplacement/overpursuit/bad angles are what Bush thrives upon (and he 'gets skinny' in an instant - with a tremendous football speed to match).

Patler
08-13-2006, 09:03 AM
I'm not criticising Bush, just making the point that his biggest impact may come as a return man and receiver, when he will automatically be in a more open field situation..

HarveyWallbangers
08-13-2006, 12:10 PM
Bush is going to be a hell of a player in this league. As for Najeh Davenport, he looked indecisive and plodding with the same upright running style that will get him injured. If this team only carries three RBs, Da Poop might be the odd man out.