PDA

View Full Version : Sherman Vs. Wolf: Remaining Players

Fritz
07-26-2011, 05:15 PM
Well, now that Nick Barnett's gone, how many Sherman guys and how many Wolf guys are left?

Let's see...for Sherman, we have Scott Wells, and...and...? Who am I missing?

For Wolf, there is Driver, Clifton, Tauscher (for the moment), and....?

Looks like Wolf, even though he's long gone, had a longer lasting influence, player-wise, on this team, than Sherman.

vince
07-26-2011, 06:03 PM
Thank God for Ted Thompson or it'd be the 70's all over again.

I hate disco.

Fritz
07-26-2011, 06:53 PM
And thank God Shermy never had a chance to make his John Hadl trade.

That set that franchise back for an entire decade. And then they mostly sucked in the next decade anyway.

hoosier
07-26-2011, 07:21 PM
Well, now that Nick Barnett's gone, how many Sherman guys and how many Wolf guys are left?

Let's see...for Sherman, we have Scott Wells, and...and...? Who am I missing?

For Wolf, there is Driver, Clifton, Tauscher (for the moment), and....?

Looks like Wolf, even though he's long gone, had a longer lasting influence, player-wise, on this team, than Sherman.

Shermy picked Cullen Jenkins off the scrap heap in 2003. Granted, he is still a Packer only in the loosest sense of the term.

pbmax
07-26-2011, 08:03 PM
And thank God Shermy never had a chance to make his John Hadl trade.

That set that franchise back for an entire decade. And then they mostly sucked in the next decade anyway.

Granted Sherman was in over his head as both coach and GM, but he wasn't a complete tire fire. He did treat his team like the Brewers are treating their farm system, and would have had to pay the piper soon.

But he was no Matt Millen. Or the former newspaper guy in Carolina.

MJZiggy
07-26-2011, 10:56 PM
Thank God for Ted Thompson or it'd be the 70's all over again.

I hate disco.

Says the guy who was just quoting Rick James

smuggler
07-28-2011, 05:55 PM
Sherman was actually a pretty good coach. The problem was he was a pretty darn questionable GM.