PDA

View Full Version : McNabb to Vikings?

Harlan Huckleby
07-27-2011, 12:36 AM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/redskins/santana-moss-re-signs-with-redskins-fates-of-donovan-mcnabb-albert-haynesworth-uncertain/2011/07/26/gIQANe7gbI_story.html

Seems like a desperation move by Vikings, although maybe he will just be a backup

Fritz
07-27-2011, 07:22 AM
Okay, this is why the Redskins have sucked and will continue to suck as long as Dan Snyder remains the owner.

From The Washington Post:

"In exchange for McNabb, the Redskins would reportedly receive a sixth-round draft pick in 2012 and a conditional sixth-rounder in 2013.
Washington had acquired McNabb last spring, giving up second- and fourth-round picks to secure his services for what amounted to one disappointing, drama-filled season."

imscott72
07-27-2011, 07:35 AM
Sounds like this is going down today..

Scott Campbell
07-27-2011, 07:41 AM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/redskins/santana-moss-re-signs-with-redskins-fates-of-donovan-mcnabb-albert-haynesworth-uncertain/2011/07/26/gIQANe7gbI_story.html

Seems like a desperation move by Vikings, although maybe he will just be a backup

A backup to whom?

K-town
07-27-2011, 08:10 AM
A backup to whom?

Sister Christian Ponder.

hoosier
07-27-2011, 08:41 AM
Wow, a 6 plus a conditional 6. The price of McNabb has really taken a hit in the last year. Especially in a league where there supposedly aren't enough starting QBs.

Cheesehead Craig
07-27-2011, 08:56 AM
The Vikes can have him. He's done. Besides, who's he going to throw to? Rice is rumored to be going to Seattle. That leaves Percy Harvin and Shiancoe. This move doesn't make the Vikes contenders for the division.

Brandon494
07-27-2011, 09:13 AM
The Vikes can have him. He's done. Besides, who's he going to throw to? Rice is rumored to be going to Seattle. That leaves Percy Harvin and Shiancoe. This move doesn't make the Vikes contenders for the division.

Yea but they also have the best running back in the NFL and Childress is no longer the HC. Vikings have more then enough talent to make the playoffs IMO. Not saying they are going to challenge us for the division though.

Fritz
07-27-2011, 09:22 AM
He'd be an upgrade over a rookie. But this making them a playoff contender? I dunno.

It will help them, I don't disagree. But it's Daniel Snyder-think to believe that McNabb is the missing piece that makes them a playoff contender.

imscott72
07-27-2011, 10:36 AM
I wonder if they sent Longwell and Allen down to get him..:lol:

Harlan Huckleby
07-27-2011, 10:40 AM
McNabb has been in gradual decline for a couple years. He can't scramble anymore, and his arm is so-so. Honestly, Favre might be a better passer.

vince
07-27-2011, 10:48 AM
Speaking of Favre, it sounds like McNabb is less than thrilled at the lack of love he's being shown by the Vikes. The Vikings tried to get another QB first and are demanding a big pay cut. This is starting off beautifully.

Smidgeon
07-27-2011, 11:01 AM
The Vikings sure can pick 'em, can't they?

hoosier
07-27-2011, 11:02 AM
Speaking of Favre, it sounds like McNabb is less than thrilled at the lack of love he's being shown by the Vikes. The Vikings tried to get another QB first and are demanding a big pay cut. This is starting off beautifully.

It is going to take some time for the legacy Chilly created to wear off. I wonder what would've happened if he had gotten on the plane to Green Bay? :-)

vince
07-27-2011, 11:19 AM
http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/blogs/126251863.html

Our friend Kevin Seifert points out on his blog that some in the McNabb camp were concerned about the reports the Vikings had first gone after free agent Tyler Thigpen and it also rubbed them wrong that the Vikings insisted McNabb reduce his contract terms by a substantial amount.

One would think all of this would be a red flag to an organization that went through a similar situation with Brett Favre, who came back last season only after being assured he would make $1 million per game. McNabb after all is going to come here as a one-year stopgap until Christian Ponder is ready to take over.

If the 34-year-old McNabb doesn't like how the Vikings are doing business already, how will he feel when the team begins to push him aside for Ponder?

As for the compensatoin, McNabb was due $14.8 million from the Redskins this season, but he will get far less on a short-term deal from the Vikings.
I'm sure they'll all put on their happy faces when the deal is done, but the Vikings o-line isn't much better than the Redskins... I can't wait for the season to start.

MadtownPacker
07-27-2011, 11:20 AM
Yea but they also have the best running back in the NFL and Childress is no longer the HC. Vikings have more then enough talent to make the playoffs IMO. Not saying they are going to challenge us for the division though.

Man I know that ain't a latina in you avatar right? I don't care what you do to them white gurls but keep your black ass away from the brownies!!

Freak Out
07-27-2011, 11:22 AM
Ha ha....glad to see the thug is back.

This Viking stuff just gets better and better.....Nappy is going to be a locker room queen.

MadtownPacker
07-27-2011, 11:30 AM
Thinking the NFCN defenses are gonna tear mcnugget up now that he can movedor shit.

wist43
07-27-2011, 01:02 PM
McNabb would at least make them functional... with Ponder under center, AP would just be gang tackled on every down - probably even if he didn't have the ball. McNabb would at least make the defense have to cover.

gbgary
07-27-2011, 01:05 PM
mcnabb to minn??? no biggie!!

imscott72
07-27-2011, 03:05 PM
That hard ass Metrodump floor is going to kill McNabb's knees..

Lurker64
07-27-2011, 03:07 PM
The preseason will be interesting. It will likely reveal to us whether Donovan McNabb is the 4th, 5th, 6th, or 7th best QB in the NFC North.

esoxx
07-27-2011, 06:46 PM
I would love to see McNabb go to the Vikings. Anyone who is benched in favor of Rex Grossman is done. Surprised Washington will even get picks for the guy.
This should be fun.

Brandon494
07-27-2011, 06:49 PM
Couldn't find the stats but I heard on sports radio today that McNabb has the best QB rating indoors of any starting QB in the league. Forget about that horrible season he had with the Skins the guy has posted a QB rating of 93.9 the past 5 years. I think the guy still has game and it was a good move by the Vikings.

Brandon494
07-27-2011, 06:54 PM
Man I know that ain't a latina in you avatar right? I don't care what you do to them white gurls but keep your black ass away from the brownies!!

I dont discriminate, I regulate every shade of the ass. Haha but shes actually Asian

th87
07-27-2011, 10:57 PM
^Fittingly, it was a latino who used that line. :D

NewsBruin
07-27-2011, 11:19 PM
From ESPN.com (http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/42232/chris-kluwes-price-to-give-up-no-5)

Leave it to Minnesota Vikings punter Chris Kluwe to insert some humor into what has been a tense day for his organization.

Kluwe has worn No. 5 for the Vikings since his 2005 arrival. Upon the news that quarterback Donovan McNabb had agreed to a trade that would send him to the Vikings, Kluwe immediately placed a price (via Twitter) on the number McNabb has worn for his entire career.

So here's the deal. If McNabb comes and wants 5, it's his, BUT he has to promise to mention Tripping Icarus in at least 5 press conferences.

Who (or what) is Tripping Icarus? Naturally, it's a Minneapolis-based alternative rock band. Kluwe is the bassist.

Let's see if McNabb shares in the humor.

What number will Kluwe take? No. 4 would work, he tweeted, because "pi is not an option."