PDA

View Full Version : the bombshell

red
08-12-2006, 11:07 PM
i don't know if a lot of people caught it, but jesse garcia or whatever her name is said a little something at the end of one of her sideline reports that caught my attention.

she mentioned that favre told her that if he likes what he sees this year in the team that he might or he will (i forgot which one)stick around for another year.

i thought it was pretty big news seeings how the team should be looking pretty good with a bright future by the end of the year.

of course then the team went out and looked like shit

LEWCWA
08-12-2006, 11:32 PM
Ive been saying this since he said he'll be back!! Brett wants another shot at the Super Bowl! :cool:

green_bowl_packer
08-13-2006, 12:12 AM
What part of the game did this happen? Below is what he said at half time, didn't seem he liked what he saw.

I posted this in the game thread but thought it was appropriate here as well. sorry for overkill.

Green Bay Packers Halftime Quotes

QB BRETT FAVRE:
On his overall assessment of the offense tonight:
"We've got a long way to go. We weren't very good. We didn't turn the ball over. We have to protect better. We have to rush the football better. I don't know how many yards rushing we had, but it wasn't enough."

On the long reception to Robert Ferguson:
"That was a great play on his part. It was a hitch-and-go. He made a great catch."

On whether he expected to play as much as he did:
"Considering the way we were playing, yes."

b bulldog
08-13-2006, 12:23 AM
Brett will have to be taken off the field kicking and screaming cause he likes to play the game still and he gets paid quite handsomely to do so.

red
08-13-2006, 08:16 AM
What part of the game did this happen? Below is what he said at half time, didn't seem he liked what he saw.

I posted this in the game thread but thought it was appropriate here as well. sorry for overkill.

Green Bay Packers Halftime Quotes

QB BRETT FAVRE:
On his overall assessment of the offense tonight:
"We've got a long way to go. We weren't very good. We didn't turn the ball over. We have to protect better. We have to rush the football better. I don't know how many yards rushing we had, but it wasn't enough."

On the long reception to Robert Ferguson:
"That was a great play on his part. It was a hitch-and-go. He made a great catch."

On whether he expected to play as much as he did:
"Considering the way we were playing, yes."

brett didn't say it on camera. jesse was telling the camera what brett told her. i think she said it in the 1st quarter. it was one of those sideline reports

woodbuck27
08-13-2006, 09:39 AM
Brett will have to be taken off the field kicking and screaming cause he likes to play the game still and he gets paid quite handsomely to do so.

He's under contract through 2011. He signed for TEN years in 2001 if my memory serves me correct.

With OUR OL he should have serious concerns. He can run - can't hide. :sad:

GO PACKERS ! FAITH !!