PDA

View Full Version : James Jones to Vikings

Harlan Huckleby
07-28-2011, 04:03 PM
I should have put a question mark on the thread title since it's just a rumor, but I wanted to get your heart pounding.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/blogs/126322928.html
http://nflnr.com/2011/07/vikings-scrambeling-wide/

I really don't Jones to go to MN. He has some drops, but he's also a weapon that defenses have to adjust to.

The last player that Aaron Rogers lobbied strongly for was Marshawn Lynch, so I'm not holdng my breath.

Fritz
07-28-2011, 04:07 PM
Let's see, Donovan McNabb throwing to James Jones.

Is that better than Favre-to-Rice?

As long as Minny continues to take this patchwork approach, I see nothing good coming of it all for them, including winning enough to generate enough interest to get a new stadium to stay out of LA.

sheepshead
07-28-2011, 04:13 PM
Thats pretty good though. I suspect we'll see a lot of McSoups signatures 5 yards misses and Jones dropsies especially against the Packers and Bears defenses.

Brandon494
07-28-2011, 04:19 PM
I fully expect him to sign with the Vikings now that Rice has joined the Seahawks.

Lurker64
07-28-2011, 04:29 PM
I fully expect him to sign with the Vikings now that Rice has joined the Seahawks.

John Clayton reported that the Vikings are negotiating with Braylon Edwards and James Jones, but nothing is imminent.

pbmax
07-28-2011, 05:36 PM
Who do you want back more, Jones or Jenkins?

gbpackfan
07-28-2011, 05:40 PM
Jones. What if Jennings gets hurt now? Driver, Nelson and who? Swain? He sucks. Cobb has no idea what he is doing and will need time to learn the offense. Our depth takes a shit with one injury.

smuggler
07-28-2011, 07:37 PM
Yeah, Jones would be cheaper than Jenkins and is like 4 years younger. He may have a few key drops, but he is an athlete and a darn good receiver. Plus, he's never had an injury issue.

Bretsky
07-28-2011, 08:40 PM
I can't find any reason at all to say Jones over Jenkins if it's a choice.

Getting Finley back in itself more than makes up for the loss of Jones. Add Cobb to the mix and that is just a bonus. I don't think his loss hurts the O that much

Jenkins...........much much harder to replace. I agree we can't pay the dude 8MIL per year but if he's 2MIL more than Jones I take him and run to another SB led by a dominant DL as well as a stellar O

Fritz
07-28-2011, 09:02 PM
Well, they're leaving GB in droves now. Colledge, Spitz, Jackson. Pretty soon Jones and Jenkins.

If there are compensatory picks for any of these, the Pack should be rich next April.

Harlan Huckleby
07-28-2011, 11:07 PM
I would keep Jones over Jenkins, even though defensive linemen are more valuable. The reason is age & injury history. I see Jones on more of an upward trajectory. Oh ya, Driver is breaking down physically, I would cut him and use his salary to help sign Jenkins or Jones.

No way could GB win a bidding war for Jones' services, so its probably a moot point.