PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Grant a Packer AT LEAST one more year...

SavedByGrace
07-28-2011, 09:17 PM
http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/207565/packers-pay-ryan-grant-$175m-roster-bonus

Lurker64
07-28-2011, 09:21 PM
Did anybody really expect them not to bring Grant back? It seems like all of that talk was rooted in "it's a lockout, we've got to talk about something."

SavedByGrace
07-28-2011, 09:28 PM
It's about what I expected. I'm curious what they'll do next year when he becomes a FA.

Joemailman
07-28-2011, 10:39 PM
It's about what I expected. I'm curious what they'll do next year when he becomes a FA.

Thank him for his service.

Lurker64
07-28-2011, 10:41 PM
Thank him for his service.

That's pretty much it. He'll be on the doorstep of 30, and they have a couple of young guys behind him. Probably means they draft another RB in 2012, unless Saine or somebody who's PS eligible surprises.

smuggler
07-29-2011, 12:22 AM
I doubt he'll have a strong market in 2012. If he does sign elsewhere, he'll be getting short-term deals. We will re-sign him at some point as a veteran back to fill injury voids.

bobblehead
07-29-2011, 03:49 AM
Did anybody really expect them not to bring Grant back? It seems like all of that talk was rooted in "it's a lockout, we've got to talk about something."

I guess that was me. I would have rather waived him and resinged BJack for the deal he got. We would have gotten a 3rd down back for 2 years for less than Grant gets this year. I likely wouldn't have given a kicker 3 million either though, and would have use the saved money off both to sign JJones as well (with his future contract payed for by driver leaving next season).

Its fun playing armchair GM, but I trust TT is doing the best thing for the team. Maybe I overvalue BJack for keeping ARod safe, and undervalue Grants running ability, but time will tell.