PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Draft Compensation

Spaulding
07-28-2011, 10:56 PM
With all the FA losses this year (Spitz and Jackson so far with likely Jenkins, Colledge and Jones also gone) I'd think we'd be up for a decent compensatory pick or possibly picks. Jenkins might get a deal in the neighborhood of Kampmans and Colledge and Jones could see pretty decent money.

Kind of early to be thinking about it but I wonder if that goes through TT's mind as we don't overpay and yet reap valuable draft picks for next year.

smuggler
07-29-2011, 12:19 AM
the NFL applies a grading scale to each FA lost. You net picks based on the number of dudes who you lose, and the number of dudes who you sign.

I'm guessing Jenkins is probably assigned a B grade
Jones also asigned a B grade (possibly a C)
Colledge a C grade

everyone else probably doesn't have a grade. Assuming the low end of my estimates, GB will be getting a 4th round and 2 5th round compensatory picks.

Lurker64
07-29-2011, 12:49 AM
the NFL applies a grading scale to each FA lost. You net picks based on the number of dudes who you lose, and the number of dudes who you sign.

I'm guessing Jenkins is probably assigned a B grade
Jones also asigned a B grade (possibly a C)
Colledge a C grade

everyone else probably doesn't have a grade. Assuming the low end of my estimates, GB will be getting a 4th round and 2 5th round compensatory picks.

Well, the comp picks formula isn't actually known, but we do know that the following factors apple: average value of contract, games started, games played, and post season awards if applicable.

So for example: if Jason Spitz doesn't start, and doesn't play we probably don't get anything for him. If he doesn't win the starting job, but comes after an injury in week 6 and starts 10 games we probably get something for him. If he wins the starting job and starts 16 games, we get something for him. If he wins the starting job, starts 16 games, and makes the pro bowl then we get something good for him.

So right now, it's just impossible to say. Wait until next March or so.

bobblehead
07-29-2011, 03:45 AM
Come on rats....stuff the all pro ballot and get College a spot. He is very likely to start 16 games and we need a 2nd for him.

smuggler
07-29-2011, 06:44 AM
We got a 4th for Kampman. I doubt we stand much of a chance for more than a 4th for Colledge.

Bretsky
07-29-2011, 07:13 AM
If I'm not mistaken teams can get no higher than a 3rd round pick

RashanGary
07-29-2011, 07:28 AM
If I'm not mistaken teams can get no higher than a 3rd round pick

It's mostly contract size from what I understand. Colledge got a big contract. Jenkins will be really big. Jones decent. . . . .

We're going to get a 3rd and more I'm guessing.