PDA

View Full Version : Cobb Signs

Brando19
07-29-2011, 02:29 PM
tom silverstein

RT @RavensInsider: Green Bay Packers get third-round rookie WR Randall Cobb $3.2 million deal and includes $834,000 bonus, according to a league source.

pittstang5
07-29-2011, 02:52 PM
Nice. Can't wait for preseason to see what this kid can do!

sheepshead
07-29-2011, 02:57 PM
He has to be just jacked today. Lots of dough, ARod throwing rockets into his numbers, life is good.

Scott Campbell
07-29-2011, 03:03 PM
2nd round. Barely.

Brandon494
07-29-2011, 05:00 PM
Future Star

Freak Out
07-29-2011, 05:47 PM
Olympian god....should have 3000 combined yards his rookie season.

Joemailman
07-29-2011, 08:27 PM

http://www.globalclimatescam.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/green-kool-aidman.jpg

channtheman
07-30-2011, 01:30 AM

Now this is something I can get behind!

Deputy Nutz
07-30-2011, 02:40 AM
Prediction for Cobb's stats in 2011

26 catches for 284 yards 3 touchdowns,
8 rushing attempts, 28 yards
28 KO returns for 644 yards

Patler
07-30-2011, 06:34 AM
Prediction for Cobb's stats in 2011

26 catches for 284 yards 3 touchdowns,
8 rushing attempts, 28 yards
28 KO returns for 644 yards

Sadly, I think his reception total will be quite a lot higher, because I expect DD to spend a lot of time on the sidelines. Without Jones, Cobb will be the #3 receiver, and should get closer to 40 receptions, perhaps even 40+.

smuggler
07-30-2011, 07:46 AM
So, are we assuming Shaky makes the team to return punts? If not, doesn't that fall on Cobb?

Brandon494
07-30-2011, 08:20 AM
I guarantee he wont have any rushing yards. We aren't a team that does trick plays like the wild cat or a WR reverse. I also guarantee he'll have more than 26 catches.

Patler
07-30-2011, 08:56 AM
I guarantee he wont have any rushing yards. We aren't a team that does trick plays like the wild cat or a WR reverse. I also guarantee he'll have more than 26 catches.

MM runs a reverse or 2 every year. I wonder if it might not increase with a guy like Cob to run it.

pbmax
07-30-2011, 09:45 AM
MM runs a reverse or 2 every year. I wonder if it might not increase with a guy like Cob to run it.

A reverse or an end around?

Harlan Huckleby
07-30-2011, 09:49 AM
splittin some hairs this morning, pbmax. If the QB is runnin this-a-way to draw movement from defense, and he hands the ball to a guy runing that-a-way, that would stand up as a reverse in any court of law.

Scott Campbell
07-30-2011, 10:36 AM
Sadly, I think his reception total will be quite a lot higher, because I expect DD to spend a lot of time on the sidelines. Without Jones, Cobb will be the #3 receiver, and should get closer to 40 receptions, perhaps even 40+.

I'm not sad for DD. He's got nothing to hang his head about.

HarveyWallbangers
07-30-2011, 10:39 AM
So, are we assuming Shaky makes the team to return punts? If not, doesn't that fall on Cobb?

I'm not impressed with Shaky. I think he'll end up being a camp body. Hopefully, Cobb can handle both punts and kicks. More importantly, punts to get Tramon off that unit. Maybe Cobb with somebody like Green or Starks on kicks.

Scott Campbell
07-30-2011, 10:43 AM
So, are we assuming Shaky makes the team to return punts?

Not based on what I saw out of him at Utah.

MJZiggy
07-30-2011, 10:58 AM
I'm not impressed with Shaky. I think he'll end up being a camp body. Hopefully, Cobb can handle both punts and kicks. More importantly, punts to get Tramon off that unit. Maybe Cobb with somebody like Green or Starks on kicks.

Isn't kick returning now little more than standing in the end zone and taking a knee since they moved to the 35?

pbmax
07-30-2011, 11:03 AM
splittin some hairs this morning, pbmax. If the QB is runnin this-a-way to draw movement from defense, and he hands the ball to a guy runing that-a-way, that would stand up as a reverse in any court of law.

Not if I get to call Madden to the stand. So hurry up and file your suit :)

But it was an actual question too. I don't remember McCarthy calling much of either.

Smidgeon
07-30-2011, 11:32 AM
Not if I get to call Madden to the stand. So hurry up and file your suit :)

But it was an actual question too. I don't remember McCarthy calling much of either.

I remember about one or two a year by Driver. Never really went anywhere that I remember.

Patler
07-30-2011, 01:48 PM
A reverse or an end around?

To be honest, I don't remember; but Driver normally gets dropped for about a two yard loss then they scratch it from their play list for the rest of the season. Jennings had a couple a few years ago, I think. They went no where as well.

TheRaven
08-03-2011, 09:36 AM
To be honest, I don't remember; but Driver normally gets dropped for about a two yard loss then they scratch it from their play list for the rest of the season. Jennings had a couple a few years ago, I think. They went no where as well.

It does seem to happen just like that. I cringe everytime it happens.

I am very excited to see what Cobb can do though. The depth we have at receiving positions is unbelievable in a cap era.

KYPack
08-03-2011, 03:01 PM
It does seem to happen just like that. I cringe everytime it happens.

I am very excited to see what Cobb can do though. The depth we have at receiving positions is unbelievable in a cap era.

Cobb has so many different skills, it's unbelievable. He started out at UK as a QB. Not just a running QB, he can read defenses, make accurate throws, etc. He was SEC player of the week as a Freshman QB. Not only that, he's a really good holder on kicks.

MM will love this new toy. Cobb can run a Wildcat, return kicks and punts (although I'd rather see Green as the KR) in addition to being the slot receiver. I also look for Randall to improve as a WR. He's only played that for a couple years, so he will continue to grow as he learns. Edgar Bennett is gonna love working with this kid.

TheRaven
08-03-2011, 03:04 PM
Cobb has so many different skills, it's unbelievable. He started out at UK as a QB. Not just a running QB, he can read defenses, make accurate throws, etc. He was SEC player of the week as a Freshman QB. Not only that, he's a really good holder on kicks.

MM will love this new toy. Cobb can run a Wildcat, return kicks and punts (although I'd rather see Green as the KR) in addition to being the slot receiver. I also look for Randall to improve as a WR. He's only played that for a couple years, so he will continue to grow as he learns. Edgar Bennett is gonna love working with this kid.

I am attempting to not drool over my keyboard..

..I have failed.

KYPack
08-03-2011, 03:31 PM
I am attempting to not drool over my keyboard..

..I have failed.

Drool on this one, Bub

(30 seconds in vs UL)

Cobb make a Circus catch and then scores from the WildCobb (as opposed to Wildcat, eh?)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JARAfX09NfQ

One thing about Randall, he's a left handed thrower and his catching motion throws off defenders.

Lastly, he's got Packer written all over him. He's been telling everyone in Lexington how happy he is to be a Packer. The kid is a leader. Not a rah-rah, boy scout bullshit leader, but a guy who will make huge plays when you need 'em.

rbaloha1
08-03-2011, 03:37 PM
Antwan El Randle clone.

bobblehead
08-03-2011, 03:55 PM
Last I saw MM talked about Cobb on PR while Alex Green would get a look on KO's. Can't remember when/where I read it, maybe I was dreaming.

KYPack
08-03-2011, 04:01 PM
Last I saw MM talked about Cobb on PR while Alex Green would get a look on KO's. Can't remember when/where I read it, maybe I was dreaming.

That's good, I hope that's the way they do it. Honestly, my only worry with Randall is serious injury. This kid will run right into the teeth of the defenses no matter the situation. He's not that experienced a receiver. He mainly ran slants and shallow crosses at UK. He's got to broaden his repertoire or he'll get tore up in the NFL.

rbaloha1
08-03-2011, 05:37 PM

Read the samething. Unsure if AG has the zig zag ability to be a good kickoff return ability.

bobblehead
08-03-2011, 06:59 PM
Read the samething. Unsure if AG has the zig zag ability to be a good kickoff return ability.

Thats the thing. KO is usually a more powerful guy who blasts up the field for as much as he can get as fast as he can get it. They are generally more stout to avoid injury as the speed is a bit more helter skelter than on punts. The punting field is usually a bit more open and you need the zig zag ability more.

rbaloha1
08-03-2011, 08:32 PM
Thats the thing. KO is usually a more powerful guy who blasts up the field for as much as he can get as fast as he can get it. They are generally more stout to avoid injury as the speed is a bit more helter skelter than on punts. The punting field is usually a bit more open and you need the zig zag ability more.

Green is versatile -- maybe he is capable

KYPack
08-06-2011, 09:02 AM
It's starting.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/126947563.html

With this kid, only injury will retard hs development.

Brandon494
08-13-2011, 11:08 AM
When Green Bay Packer Randall Cobb was told by this U.S. Marine that he was a big fan of the wide receiver, Cobb said, “I think I’m a bigger fan of yours.”

http://i.imgur.com/8hAZQ.png

http://www.reddit.com/r/pics/comments/jh3ft/warms_my_heart_when_green_bay_packer_randall_cobb/

wootah
08-13-2011, 01:20 PM
I was officially on the bandwagon after I saw his presser when entering the draft on youtube.

"Do you have anything you want to say to the fans?"
- "I love y'all. Thank you for everything. I hope that in some way, shape or form I was able to influence or inspire you. And for all the kids out there I hope that you can keep your dreams and always, ALWAYS keep pushing after them. Don't let anyone ever stop you."