PDA

View Full Version : GB TRAINING CAMP QUESTION

Bretsky
07-29-2011, 11:04 PM
This is maybe for Justin Harrell or anybody else with familiarity with attending GB practices.

I am thining of going with a buddy and we'd each be taking our 3 year old kids so I'm maybe looking for a time when practices are less than insance.

The first two few weeks of practices are 7PM and then starting 8/22 practices start at 10:45 AM.

What advice would you have for picking out a practice with a small child ?

Should we be waiting til the 10:30AM weekday practices hit since many would be working at those times ?

Any views/advice are appreciated

RashanGary
07-29-2011, 11:13 PM
That Monday August 22nd practice looks like a good one. Day practices have far fewer people. Another bonus is they will be coming off two days rest and going into the 3rd preseason game. They're more spirited after a couple days off and that 3rd preseason game is the big show for the starters so they'll be getting ready for that.

Night practices are fun though. Just have to beat the crowd there and kids will not have patience for that. That 22nd practice looks like it could be one of the best of the offseason. Plus, people stop going as much later in camp. They get all excited and then it wears off. I do that too. I go a bunch early, then slowly go less and less. The last week or two I barely go.

vince
07-30-2011, 07:09 AM
JH is the man with the plan. Crowds thin out significantly after the preseason games start, and especially after a couple games. Justin nailed it regarding the kids. They'll lose interest quickly unless you engage them the whole time and pretty much miss practice. They'll love the inflatables that are set up in a building in the parking lot though. Highly recommend the beer-cheese burger at Curly's Pub.

red
07-30-2011, 02:12 PM
afternoon practices can get pretty damn hot. theres no shade anywhere around there