PDA

View Full Version : Josh Bell

Patler
07-30-2011, 07:27 AM
I am baffled by his situation. Is he a Packer or not?

I thought the Packers declined making him a qualifying RFA offer, yet he remained on the roster list through out the off season. I thought it was just an oversight, that the roster at Packers.com had not been updated. Now, the first day of TC and he is still on the list this morning, along with all the undrafted rookie FAs signed the last few days. Tauscher, Barnett, Chiller, etc. are not on it. Clearly the list has been updated, and he remains on it.

Is this guy still a Packer after the "ring snub" flap this off season? Is he still a Packer after the Packers tried to work out an injury settlement to get rid of him last year and he refused?

smuggler
07-30-2011, 07:51 AM
Doesn't matter if he's a Packer right now, because he'll never survive camp cuts.

Patler
07-30-2011, 08:34 AM
Doesn't matter if he's a Packer right now, because he'll never survive camp cuts.

The same could be said for many of the players on the roster. But after all that has gone on, why would they even bring Bell into camp? It just seems like a bad situation. There should be lots of Bell-like corners available. Why even have this guy there?

pbmax
07-30-2011, 09:48 AM
I thought for a moment this thread was about Jacob Bell, the Guard released by the Rams after signing a big contract 3 years ago.

Scott Campbell
07-30-2011, 09:50 AM
I am baffled by his situation. Is he a Packer or not?

I thought the Packers declined making him a qualifying RFA offer, yet he remained on the roster list through out the off season. I thought it was just an oversight, that the roster at Packers.com had not been updated. Now, the first day of TC and he is still on the list this morning, along with all the undrafted rookie FAs signed the last few days. Tauscher, Barnett, Chiller, etc. are not on it. Clearly the list has been updated, and he remains on it.

Is this guy still a Packer after the "ring snub" flap this off season? Is he still a Packer after the Packers tried to work out an injury settlement to get rid of him last year and he refused?

Is it possible that the sheer volume of roster moves over the last few days is impacting accuracy?

HarveyWallbangers
07-30-2011, 09:59 AM
I think it's more likely that somebody over at packers.com made a mistake.

PaCkFan_n_MD
07-30-2011, 10:14 AM
ESPN lists him as released.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/fa?oldTeamId=9&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnfl %2ffa%3foldTeamId%3d9

Patler
07-30-2011, 01:42 PM
I think it's more likely that somebody over at packers.com made a mistake.

You are probably right, but it seems to have been an ongoing mistake for months. They revised the roster when Lee and Martin were let go (which I think was when Bell was not offered the RFA contract), but Bell remained. It was "tweaked" a couple times after the season when some off PS last year were signed, but Bell remained on the list. They revised the list when the draft occurred, but Bell remained. Now, a couple extensive changes the last couple days, and Bell remained.

No wonder he thought he should have a ring!!

Patler
07-31-2011, 05:06 PM
In a stroke of compassion, Josh Bell's name has been removed from the roster!

pbmax
07-31-2011, 05:22 PM
In a stroke of compassion, Josh Bell's name has been removed from the roster!

It will be back tomorrow. They are toying with your sense of order. :D

Patler
07-31-2011, 06:37 PM
It will be back tomorrow. They are toying with your sense of order. :D

I don't think I will check tomorrow, just in case....

rbaloha1
07-31-2011, 06:51 PM
Plenty of other prospects like Davon House.

Lurker64
07-31-2011, 07:00 PM
I think the answer is that the people who maintain the roster part of the website aren't actually in close contact with the people personnel people, they're just IT geeks. For a while they had 39 up there as Alex Green's number based on nothing more than "that's the number that he would like."

KYPack
08-01-2011, 04:12 PM
Maybe he's like George Constanza. He couldn't be cut because he just kept showing up.

Fritz
08-01-2011, 05:10 PM
That's what I was thinking. Like the bad girlfriend you just can't get rid of.

swede
08-01-2011, 05:11 PM
Maybe he's like George Constanza. He couldn't be cut because he just kept showing up.

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z236/dsteenswede44/mccarthy-and-thompson-1.jpg

pbmax
08-01-2011, 05:34 PM
http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z236/dsteenswede44/mccarthy-and-thompson-1.jpg

Fantastic.

MJZiggy
08-01-2011, 05:44 PM
I always thought Thompson looked like he needed to pee in that image.

Joemailman
08-01-2011, 05:46 PM
I always thought Thompson looked like he needed to pee in that image.

He's just starting the hokey pokey.

Harlan Huckleby
08-01-2011, 06:02 PM
He's also sporting a disturbing camel toe

Fritz
08-01-2011, 06:03 PM
Or he's trying to mask his manly excitement at seeing the wonderful roster he's assembled.

Yoop
08-01-2011, 06:40 PM
He's also sporting a disturbing camel toe

only a hound of your stature would notice such a thing lol.

funny pick swede.

I thought it had something to do with passing his physical, before being released, idk.

sharpe1027
08-01-2011, 09:04 PM
TT: Josh Bell.
MM: Who's he?
TT: You know, squirrely looking guy, fumbles a lot.
MM: Oh, yeah.
TT: Yeah, we can't actually find a record of him being a current employee here. I looked into it more deeply and I found that apparently what happened is that he was let go a year ago and no one ever told him about it; but through some kind of glitch in the payroll department, he still gets a paycheck. So we just went ahead and fixed the glitch.
MM: Great. So, uh, Bell has been let go?
TT: Well, just a second there, professor. We, uh, we fixed the *glitch*. So he won't be receiving a paycheck anymore, so it'll just work itself out naturally. We always like to avoid confrontation, whenever possible. Problem is solved from your end.

Zool
08-02-2011, 03:23 PM
Someone needs to tell those guys to stop wearing pleated pants