PDA

View Full Version : Packers vs. Dream Team

vince
07-31-2011, 09:30 AM
Safeties - Packers
Corners - Eagles, but the Packers are very strong - best in the league last year
Inside Backers - Packers
Outside Backers - Packers
D-line - Packers

WR - Packers
TE - Packers
RB - Packers
QB - Packers
O-line - Packers

Special Teams - Eagles
Depth - Packers
Coaching - Packers
Front Office - Packers

Bretsky
07-31-2011, 09:51 AM
Safeties - Packers
Corners - Eagles, but the Packers are very strong - best in the league last year
Inside Backers - Packers
D-line - Packers

WR - Packers
TE - Packers
RB - Packers
QB - Packers
O-line - Packers

Special Teams - Eagles
Depth - Packers
Coaching - Packers
Front Office - Packers

I'm not sure I'd say the Packers DL is better
I'm not sure I'd say the Packers starting RB's are better. I don't know about the Eagles depth there but I like McCoy as an all around back

Scott Campbell
07-31-2011, 09:51 AM
Were better at RB? WR?

I think the two teams are a great matchup. I'd love to have a rematch in the playoffs again this year.

pbmax
07-31-2011, 09:57 AM
Were better at RB? WR?

I think the two teams are a great matchup. I'd love to have a rematch in the playoffs again this year.

I think yes at RB. But not sure about D line. Also not sure the direct comparison is important as it the Packer OLBs that make the defense go.

Plus the Eagle defense last year, the one they have been patching through FA, had some big holes.

vince
07-31-2011, 10:00 AM
I'll take Grant, Starks and Green over McCoy, Dion Lewis and Eldra Buckley all day long and twice on Sunday.

WR - Jennings, Driver, Nelson, Cobb vs. Jackson, Maclin, Avant, Sinorice Moss - Close. I like the Packers group.

D-line - Tougher to break down by position group because of the differences in philosophy. I'll take the Packers' pass rush and run defense.

vince
07-31-2011, 10:14 AM
http://packerupdate.net/?p=14381

TIME TO CROWN THE EAGLES

Published by Michael Rodney

It’s a good thing the Green Bay Packers won the most recent Super Bowl because the Lombardi Trophy will be residing in the City of Brotherly Love for the foreseeable future. That’s because an already good Eagles team has now become an invincible one by adding a handful of star players in the past 48 hours. And while there’s no truth to the rumor that the other 31 franchises have decided to concede Super Bowl XLVI to Philadelphia, they may as well. Without further ado, here are the top 8 reasons the 2011 Eagles are going to soar to heights only imagined by mere mortal organizations:

1- The Eagles have long been the gold standard by which all other teams are measured, and I’m not the only one who feels this way. None other than Jeffrey Lurie made that declaration a decade ago. And if a person as knowledgable and unbiased as Lurie feels that way, then it must be true.

2- Coach Andy Reid knows what it takes to win in January and February. Since 2004, Big Red has won three playoff games. And forget about beating the Eagles on their home turf. Philly protects its home in January the way a wolf spider protects its young.

3- The quarterback is the most important player on a football team. Not only does he have to excel physically, but he also needs to be the type of high-character individual who’ll never be outworked and who’ll inspire others when times get tough. Well, you can’t spell the word character without V-I-C-K.

4- Defensive coordinator Juan Castillo will have to take a collection of individual stars sand mold them into a cohesive unit. That won’t be easy – especially with no offseason – but fortunately he has a wealth of experience to fall back on. Castillo has been coordinating defenses in the NFL for 24 weeks.

5- General manager Howie Roseman won’t have any trouble finding his own Howard Greens and Erik Waldens should adversity hit the Eagles during the season. He may be only 35, but Roseman has tirelessly worked his way up the ladder. He’s been toiling in Philly’s personnel department since 2008.

6- Spending wildly in free agency has proven to be the best way to win a Super Bowl. Three recent champions – Green Bay, Indianapolis and Pittsburgh – all used that tool to bring in high-priced impact players. Green Bay’s signing of safety Anthony Smith is the perfect example of what I’m talking about.

7- The Eagles know how to treat their own. Just look at what they’re doing for DeSean Jackson. Not only are they paying the two-time Pro Bowl wide receiver and kick returner $565,000, but they’re allowing him to relax at home while the rest of his teammates are practicing in the sweltering heat.

8- The Eagles have a long tradition of winning championship. This isn’t some pitiful long-established franchise that hasn’t won a title in 50 years. If you’re an Eagles fan under the age of 65, you have absolutely no trouble remembering what it felt like when Philadelphia won the most recent of its championship.

Brandon494
07-31-2011, 10:20 AM
Safeties - Packers
Corners - Eagles. but the Packers are the 2nd best
Inside Backers - Packers
D-line - Eagles, they just signed our top sack defensive lineman and also have Trent Cole who is one of the best defensive ends in the game.

WR - Packers, but the Eagles are pretty damn close
TE - Packers
RB - draw, don't forget about Leonard Weaver who missed all of last season after breaking his ankle against the Packers.
QB - Packers
O-line - Packers

Special Teams - Eagles
Depth - Packers
Coaching - draw
Front Office - Packers

Scott Campbell
07-31-2011, 10:21 AM
I'll take Grant, Starks and Green over McCoy, Dion Lewis and Eldra Buckley all day long and twice on Sunday.

WR - Jennings, Driver, Nelson, Cobb vs. Jackson, Maclin, Avant, Sinorice Moss - Close. I like the Packers group.

D-line - Tougher to break down by position group because of the differences in philosophy. I'll take the Packers' pass rush and run defense.

McCoy averaged over 5 YPC last year. And I include Vick in their running game even though he's not a RB. I like the Eagles running game better than ours.

Scott Campbell
07-31-2011, 10:24 AM

TIME TO CROWN THE EAGLES

Published by Michael Rodney

It’s a good thing the Green Bay Packers won the most recent Super Bowl because the Lombardi Trophy will be residing in the City of Brotherly Love for the foreseeable future. That’s because an already good Eagles team has now become an invincible one by adding a handful of star players in the past 48 hours. And while there’s no truth to the rumor that the other 31 franchises have decided to concede Super Bowl XLVI to Philadelphia, they may as well. Without further ado, here are the top 8 reasons the 2011 Eagles are going to soar to heights only imagined by mere mortal organizations:

1- The Eagles have long been the gold standard by which all other teams are measured, and I’m not the only one who feels this way. None other than Jeffrey Lurie made that declaration a decade ago. And if a person as knowledgable and unbiased as Lurie feels that way, then it must be true.

2- Coach Andy Reid knows what it takes to win in January and February. Since 2004, Big Red has won three playoff games. And forget about beating the Eagles on their home turf. Philly protects its home in January the way a wolf spider protects its young.

3- The quarterback is the most important player on a football team. Not only does he have to excel physically, but he also needs to be the type of high-character individual who’ll never be outworked and who’ll inspire others when times get tough. Well, you can’t spell the word character without V-I-C-K.

4- Defensive coordinator Juan Castillo will have to take a collection of individual stars sand mold them into a cohesive unit. That won’t be easy – especially with no offseason – but fortunately he has a wealth of experience to fall back on. Castillo has been coordinating defenses in the NFL for 24 weeks.

5- General manager Howie Roseman won’t have any trouble finding his own Howard Greens and Erik Waldens should adversity hit the Eagles during the season. He may be only 35, but Roseman has tirelessly worked his way up the ladder. He’s been toiling in Philly’s personnel department since 2008.

6- Spending wildly in free agency has proven to be the best way to win a Super Bowl. Three recent champions – Green Bay, Indianapolis and Pittsburgh – all used that tool to bring in high-priced impact players. Green Bay’s signing of safety Anthony Smith is the perfect example of what I’m talking about.

7- The Eagles know how to treat their own. Just look at what they’re doing for DeSean Jackson. Not only are they paying the two-time Pro Bowl wide receiver and kick returner $565,000, but they’re allowing him to relax at home while the rest of his teammates are practicing in the sweltering heat.

8- The Eagles have a long tradition of winning championship. This isn’t some pitiful long-established franchise that hasn’t won a title in 50 years. If you’re an Eagles fan under the age of 65, you have absolutely no trouble remembering what it felt like when Philadelphia won the most recent of its championship.

Good stuff!

Though I sure like Philly's all in moves better then Minny's all in moves.

mission
07-31-2011, 10:28 AM
If Lebron can come thru in the 4th quarter we might not have a chance.

PaCkFan_n_MD
07-31-2011, 10:29 AM
Safeties - Packers (not even close here)
Corners - Eagles (only b/c Asomugha removes his guy out the game, after him its even)
Inside Backers - Packers
D-line - Even, maybe even alittle towards the Eagles

WR - Packers (if the packers re-sign Jones as well the packers would have have the best group in the entire league)
TE - Packers (already the best group in the entire league)
RB - Packers (but given me SM over any running back we have. As a group though, packers are much deeper)
QB - Packers
O-line - Packers (not 100% about Clifton and whether Sherrod is the answer at LG. Not too deep either, but I'll still go with us here)

Special Teams - Eagles
Depth - Packers
Coaching - Packers (but for head coaching I would say even)
Front Office - Packers (but the eagles have a great front office as well)

The day the packers oline moves into the top ten in the league is when you'll see the 1999 Rams offense in green & gold. Our skilled position players are crazy good. Defense worries me in regrads to depth, be our starters are solid.

Partial
07-31-2011, 11:10 AM
Eagles are a dynamite team. To be the man you've gotta beat the man, though. Andy Reid is a great coach and they're a first rate organization for sure.

Lurker64
07-31-2011, 11:26 AM
I'm not really sure how you can call coaching a "draw" when the Eagles DC is the former OL coach who last coordinated defense in 1989 at a Texas High School whereas Capers is one of the greatest defensive minds of the modern era: both an innovator and a chessmaster.

Coaching seems to be the biggest advantage the Packers have over the Eagles. Our coaches (with a few notable exceptions) are really top-notch.

imscott72
07-31-2011, 02:58 PM

I stopped reading when I got to this..

pbmax
07-31-2011, 03:07 PM
WR - Packers (if the packers re-sign Jones as well the packers would have have the best group in the entire league)

DONE!

WR- Packers x2

mission
07-31-2011, 03:17 PM
I stopped reading when I got to this..

You didn't enjoy the humor?

pbmax
07-31-2011, 03:21 PM
You didn't enjoy the humor?

Maybe because he was laughing too hard?

wist43
07-31-2011, 03:56 PM
Here, this should help everyone feel more at ease :)

http://www.nfl.com/videos/green-bay-packers/09000d5d81da4723/Sound-FX-Leading-the-pack

MJZiggy
07-31-2011, 04:53 PM

Right about when they put character and Vick in the same sentence. Where the hell is Rand with the appropriate response to this?

pbmax
07-31-2011, 04:59 PM
Right about when they put character and Vick in the same sentence. Where the hell is Rand with the appropriate response to this?

He's busy helping Skin photoshop "action" photos for the Top 100 players project. They are giving special attention to the Bears and Vikings.

imscott72
07-31-2011, 05:36 PM

Exactly. I was sitting in my office laughing quite loud, so thought I better move on before someone asked questions.. :lol: