PDA

View Full Version : Once Again......

GrnBay007
08-13-2006, 06:00 AM
Once again....thanks to Packer Rats and all the great posters here. The first pre-season game was a rough one and obviously much work to be done. But to have a forum that is not ALL doom and gloom is so nice. I popped in and read stuff from last night at JSO and it remains the same.....bitch, complain and the more negative the better. For mental health reasons I will no longer pop in there. :D

Great group of posters here......thanks!

FavreChild
08-13-2006, 10:59 AM
Great job keeping us non-locals informed last night.

Try to post better news next game, though. :mrgreen:

Bretsky
08-13-2006, 11:08 AM

Are you out of the area already ? I thought I was getting all your Badger Sex Toys/Lingerie...etc.

J/K

Hope all is well,

B

FavreChild
08-13-2006, 11:16 AM
Yeah.....I guess I just got too busy. I don't even know where all my Badger stuff is right now (in a box somewhere) but I guess I will use it to irritate the locals here.

This state has the lamest liquor laws I ever heard of, by the way. :neutral:

GBRulz
08-13-2006, 12:13 PM
another one of those states that don't sell booze on Sunday? Or you can only buy drinks at a restaurant type place??

FavreChild
08-13-2006, 05:19 PM
Apparently, only recently have they allowed you to buy beer on Sunday, but only before noon. And only a six-pack. If you want more than that, you have to go to a beer distributor, but not on Sundays - they're closed. And then if you want "spirits," you have to go to a different store. No alcohol can be purchased at the grocery store.

BUT, when you leave a bar/restaurant, you can purchase a six-pack and take it with you. Even if it's like midnight. WTF is that???

Little Whiskey
08-13-2006, 08:40 PM
We have very similar laws here too. you cannot buy anything before noon on sunday, however you can buy until 2 am anywhere.

by the way FC did you whatch the race today?? your guy was in contention near the end. with about ten laps to go he was in 2nd. ooopps sorry for thread jacking....but then again i don't think this thread started off as a beer laws thread anyhow. :mrgreen:

FavreChild
08-14-2006, 08:12 AM
I just saw the highlights from the Mother Ship (ESPN) but they didn't talk about McMurray. Pretty sure I was taking a nap during the race. :mrgreen: However, I did discover that my new cable line-up has the Speed Channel. But not NFL network, of course.

I have no idea what this thread is supposed to be about anymore...

woodbuck27
08-14-2006, 12:45 PM

We trust that the Packers will work on that FavreChild. :mrgreen:

Your posting is missed here.

It's the summer Ehh? Glad to see you pop in.

FavreChild
08-14-2006, 03:12 PM
Thanks, Woody!

Ah yes, the summer has treated me well. :cool: But now that I am no longer a Wisconsin resident, I will need my friends at PackerRats more than ever to keep me up to date...

Little Whiskey
08-14-2006, 10:41 PM
I just saw the highlights from the Mother Ship (ESPN) but they didn't talk about McMurray. Pretty sure I was taking a nap during the race. :mrgreen: However, I did discover that my new cable line-up has the Speed Channel. But not NFL network, of course.

I have no idea what this thread is supposed to be about anymore...

yea i think espn is kinda pissed when nascar stopped allowing them broadcasting rights. but speed channel will fill you in if you miss any of the races. immediately following the race you can watch victory lane followed by wind tunnel, and lastly monday you can listen to Micheal waltrip and dave dispan review it again on inside the nexttel cup. and that is just a few. there are other nascar related post game shows as well as quite a few shows leading up to sundays race. by the way. if you shell out a few extra bucks and put up a direct tv dish you not only get Speed and NFL but you can also shell out the big bucks and pick up sunday ticket.

FavreChild
08-15-2006, 07:50 AM
Believe me, if I could get DirecTV, I would. For NFL Sunday Ticket. Can't receive a satellite signal at my place, though. Too wooded. No other way to get NFL network and package. :evil:

MJZiggy
08-15-2006, 08:11 AM
A chain saw would fix that problem nicely. :?