View Full Version : Early Stab At The Roster

HarveyWallbangers
08-01-2011, 11:45 PM
QB (3) - Rodgers, Flynn, Harrell
RB (3) - Grant, Starks, Green
FB (2) - Kuhn, Taylor
WR (5) - Jennings, Driver, Nelson, Jones, Cobb
TE (4) - Finley, Williams, Quarless, Crabtree
OL (9) - Clifton, McDonald, Wells, Sitton, Bulaga, Sherrod, Newhouse, Lang, Dietrich-Smith

DL (6) - Raji, Pickett, Neal, Green, Wilson, Wynn
LB (9) - Matthews, Bishop, Hawk, Zombo, Walden, Elmore, Jones, Smith, Lattimore
CB (5) - Woodson, Williams, Shields, House, Gordy
S (4) - Collins, Burnett, Peprah, Bush

K (1) - Crosby
P (1) - Masthay
LS (1) - Goode

I don't really believe Lattimore is going to make the team, but I had to include him because I don't see guys with my last name in the NFL very often. Maybe the rookie OG, Johnson, Lee, Underwood, or somebody else makes the team. Or, more likely, some no name that we don't think has a chance at this point. My no name guy for making the team is Josh Gordy. They kept him around the PS for awhile, and I think one of the coaches said they were worried they'd lose him. I think they get tired of waiting on Lee and Underwood and surprise there.

bobblehead
08-02-2011, 01:14 AM
WE need to bump our earlier thread of this where we all had guys like Chillar making the team....and I was sayying Grant will be cut back then already. Oops!

KYPack
08-02-2011, 03:51 PM
FB (2) - Kuhn, Taylor
TE (4) - Finley, Williams, Quarless, Crabtree
OL (9) - Clifton, McDonald, Wells, Sitton, Bulaga, Sherrod, Newhouse, Lang, Dietrich-Smith

LB (9) - Matthews, Bishop, Hawk, Zombo, Walden, Elmore, Jones, Smith, Lattimore
CB (5) - Woodson, Williams, Shields, House, Gordy
S (4) - Collins, Burnett, Peprah, Bush

K (1) - Crosby
P (1) - Masthay
LS (1) - Goode

I don't really believe Lattimore is going to make the team, but I had to include him because I don't see guys with my last name in the NFL very often. Maybe the rookie OG, Johnson, Lee, Underwood, or somebody else makes the team. Or, more likely, some no name that we don't think has a chance at this point. My no name guy for making the team is Josh Gordy. They kept him around the PS for awhile, and I think one of the coaches said they were worried they'd lose him. I think they get tired of waiting on Lee and Underwood and surprise there.

Way to come out of the closet, Harv.

Revealing your last name on an internet forum?

I'm headed to an ATM directly after posting.

I saw a ST play in the Super Bowl. Lee was moving at the speed of an ore barge. I thought immediately, cut that bitch now. There will probably be a couple "who the hell is that" guys to make this roster. You know TT by now, he always errs on the side of youth.

bobblehead
08-02-2011, 03:54 PM
I think he errs on the side of youth because its better to keep a guy you don't think has a future than one who you are positive doesn't have a future.

Lurker64
08-02-2011, 04:03 PM
I think Lattimore has a shot, but he almost certainly need to spend a year on the PS. The kid's got quicks and he can rush the passer... but he's 225 lbs soaking wet, lock that kid in the weight room for six months with a hot plate and some provisions, get him up to 240-250 and if he keeps his speed, he can probably start.

Wouldn't be surprised if Elijah Joseph ends up making the roster. We're light at ILB, it's one of the easiest positions for a rookie to show up and pick up, and he's got potential.

vince
08-02-2011, 04:13 PM
QB: Rodgers, Flynn, Harrell
HB: Grant, Starks, Green
FB: Kuhn, Johnson
TE: Finley, Williams, Quarless, Crabtree, Taylor
WR: Jennings, Cobb, Jones, Nelson, Driver
OL: Clifton, Lang, Wells, Sitton, Bulaga, Sherrod, Newhouse, McDonald

DL: Pickett, Raji, Neal, Wilson, Green
ILB: Hawk, Bishop, Smith, Francois
OLB: Matthews, Jones, Zombo, Walden, Elmore
CB: Williams, Woodson, Shields, House, Lee, Bush
S: Collins, Burnett, Peprah, Levine

K: Crosby
P: Masthay
LS: Goode

I want to put Wynn on the roster, but don't have enough room. Maybe Jones can be versatile and be a back-up ILB to allow Wynn to take Francois' spot.

It appears as if Newhouse may have made some nice gains from year 1 to 2. I've been critical of him. I may have to eat crow there. With Williams, Crabtree and Taylor all h-back type TE's, I could see Johnson being let go because Crabtree and Taylor are probably better special teamers. EDS, Schlauderaff or someone else could well be a 9th lineman to make the cut.

vince
08-02-2011, 04:15 PM
I think Lattimore has a shot, but he almost certainly need to spend a year on the PS. The kid's got quicks and he can rush the passer... but he's 225 lbs soaking wet, lock that kid in the weight room for six months with a hot plate and some provisions, get him up to 240-250 and if he keeps his speed, he can probably start.

Wouldn't be surprised if Elijah Joseph ends up making the roster. We're light at ILB, it's one of the easiest positions for a rookie to show up and pick up, and he's got potential.
FWIW (not much), I agree with all that.

PaCkFan_n_MD
08-14-2011, 08:45 PM
QB (2) - Rodgers, Flynn
FB (1) - Kuhn
TE (5) - Finley, Williams, Quarless, Crabtree, Taylor
OL (9) - Clifton, Lang, Wells, Sitton, Bulaga, Sherrod, Mcdonald, Newhouse, Developmental guy

DL (7) - Raji, Pickett, Neal, Green, Wilson, Guy, Wynn
LB (8) - Matthews, Bishop, Hawk, Zombo, Walden, Jones, Smith, Lattimore
CB (5) - Woodson, Williams, Shields, House, Gordy, Bush
S (4) - Collins, Burnett, Peprah, Levine

K (1) - Crosby
P (1) - Masthay
LS (1) - Goode

Notable cuts:
- Quinn Johnson. Just doesn't fit. I think we will see a lot of Crabtree, Taylor, and Williams in the back field. Kuhn is going to be on the field a lot this year as he will be the starting FB and probably in there on passing downs to block.
- Swiann. Not part of the hexagon.
- Elmore. Needs a lot of work. Will spend the year on the practice squad.
- Lee. Just not getting better, time to move on.
- Underwood.

Side notes:
- We need to bring in this years version of Mcdonald on the oline.
- I think we keep 7 dlineman and play to each of there strengths. We are not that deep at linebacker after cutting Barnett and Chillar so I don't think there is 9 guys worth keeping.
- I wish we would cut Bush and keep a young guy to develop. Yeah Yeah I know sp. teams "ace."

RashanGary
08-14-2011, 09:54 PM
Linebackers and DL are a little thin. I'll be curious to see if Wilson steps his game up as the preseason goes on. Everyone played that basic, stay square technique. No gap shooting or anything special.

I liked Guy over Wynn. For some reason I watched those two guys alot last night and they were about equal. To me, Wynn is in his prime. Guy is just getting started. You go with the upside there.

RashanGary
08-14-2011, 10:02 PM
Shows how tough it is to keep winning SBs. Last year we had DL and linebackers up the kazoo. This year, we're thin at both. OLB looks so/so, but ILB is very thin this year.

Finley, Grant, the improvement of Starks, Bulaga, Burnett, Quarless, Newhouse (hopefully) Lang (hopefully) CJ Wilson (probably). . . The addition of Sherrod, Cobb, Green (looks like he's going to be a late bloomer. I liked the way he ran, but who knows.) and the other picks. . . . .

We're one of the teams with a lot of veterans starting on defense and offense. We're not relying on young players. Without an offseason, that gives us and edge. We have stable coaches, a great QB, a very good backup QB, depth at a lot of positions, playmakers all over the place. . . .

Both of our kickers are coming of age. Cobb is going to improve our return game. The new rules are going to neutralize Slocums idiocy.

We're good, but a different team from last year. Hopefully we stay a little healthier. We have a shot, obviously.

There are going to be games where our advanced, experienced offense destroys new, inexperienced defenses. I can picture games where we beat teams into the ground.

PaCkFan_n_MD
08-14-2011, 10:08 PM
If we had just kept Jenkins, had Jolly, and Chillar didn't get hurt, we would be so good from top to bottom:

DL: Jenkins, Raji, Neal, Pickett, Jolly, Green, Wilson, Guy, Wynn
ILB: Hawk, Bishop, Chillar, Williams
OLB: Matthews, Zombo, Walden, Jones

I understand letting Jenkins go, but we had some bad luck with Chillar showing up hurt and Jolly....well being Jolly.

PaCkFan_n_MD
08-14-2011, 10:11 PM
Any chance Chillar playing this year? I wouldn't mind resigning him to a one year deal if he heals up by the end of camp. However, Jolly is the biggest loss. We really could have use him this year. I still think TT makes a significant trade in a couple weeks.

Brandon494
08-14-2011, 10:36 PM
FB (1) - Kuhn
TE (5) - Finley, Quarless, Crabtree, Williams, Taylor
OL (9) - Clifton, Lang, Wells, Sitton, Bulaga, Sherrod, Newhouse, McDonald, Dietrich-Smith

LB (8) - Matthews, Bishop, Hawk, Walden, Zombo, Jones, Smith, Francois
CB (6) - Woodson, Williams, Shields, Bush, House, Gordy

K (1) - Crosby
P (1) - Masthay
LS (1) - Goode

Joemailman
08-14-2011, 10:52 PM
Substitute Campbell for EDS and I think Brandon has it.

pbmax
08-14-2011, 11:39 PM
Jolly missing from last year's team meant they drafted Neal, so the depth on D line last year didn't look like the WR corp even with Jenkins. And Thompson went with a need pick in Round 2 in 2010; not his normal style of operation.

There was no Green on the roster and the troika of Wynn, Harrell and Wilson were fighting for spot number 6. The problem this year is finding production for Jenkins snaps. Neal/Green filled in OK for Jolly minus his interceptions. Need someone else to figure it out how to be Jenkins/Jolly type.

pbmax
08-14-2011, 11:41 PM
snip
Newhouse, Developmental guy ...

D Guy has tons of upside, great measurables and lots of length. Could be a great one if he puts it all together.

PaCkFan_n_MD
08-15-2011, 01:07 AM
D Guy has tons of upside, great measurables and lots of length. Could be a great one if he puts it all together.

Yep thats why I have him making the roster :)

gbpackfan
08-15-2011, 01:13 AM
Jolly was a pro-bowler waiting to happen before he f*@ked up his life. Big loss for us there.

Harlan Huckleby
08-15-2011, 10:39 AM
FB (2) - Kuhn, Taylor I like the slick move, but we probably ought to man-up and admit we only got one fullback and 5 TEs.

Clifton, McDonald, Wells, Sitton, Bulaga, Sherrod, Newhouse, Lang, Dietrich-Smith Dietrich-Smith lost his roster spot to McDonald. The last guy will be a developmental player with more upside.

DL (6) - Raji, Pickett, Neal, Green, Wilson, Wynn I hope TT dump ones of the last two guys, hopefully Wynn, and bring in somebody from another team. How about a trade for Cullen Jenkins? LOL

Matthews, Bishop, Hawk, Zombo, Walden, Elmore, Jones, Smith, Lattimore
DJ SMith looks like practice squad. That's a lot of linebackers. Oh ya, Francoise is improved and has made the team as fist backup inside.

Smidgeon
08-15-2011, 10:48 AM
If we had just kept Jenkins, had Jolly, and Chillar didn't get hurt, we would be so good from top to bottom:

DL: Jenkins, Raji, Neal, Pickett, Jolly, Green, Wilson, Guy, Wynn
ILB: Hawk, Bishop, Chillar, Williams

I understand letting Jenkins go, but we had some bad luck with Chillar showing up hurt and Jolly....well being Jolly.

You'd want nine defensive lineman? In a 3-4? So three deep at every position? Seems like a big waste of roster to me.

mraynrand
08-15-2011, 10:56 AM
DJ SMith looks like practice squad. That's a lot of linebackers. Oh ya, Francoise is improved and has made the team as fist backup inside.

freudian slip? :lol:

In any case, I agree, Francoise looked decent against the Browns

Harlan Huckleby
08-15-2011, 11:18 AM
ahhhh, there is now public humiliation associated with editing a post, so I leave the typos go. Somebody needs to take-down the Mexican and get this forum operating under competent management.

pbmax
08-15-2011, 12:50 PM
ahhhh, there is now public humiliation associated with editing a post, so I leave the typos go. Somebody needs to take-down the Mexican and get this forum operating under competent management.

He's the only one we could get at the current pay rate.

Just remember, if you choose to run for public office after having posted here, you are responsible for paying the payroll taxes for him.

PaCkFan_n_MD
08-15-2011, 01:03 PM
You'd want nine defensive lineman? In a 3-4? So three deep at every position? Seems like a big waste of roster to me.

Yeah I know I just listed the players to choose from.

Smidgeon
08-15-2011, 01:37 PM
Yeah I know I just listed the players to choose from.

Ah. Gotcha.

HarveyWallbangers
08-17-2011, 12:09 AM
After the first preseason game, a new stab:

RB (4) - Grant, Starks, Green, Saine
FB (1) - Kuhn
TE (4) - Finley, Williams, Quarless, Taylor
OL (8) - Clifton, Sherrod, Wells, Sitton, Bulaga, Lang, Newhouse, McDonald

DL (6) - Raji, Pickett, Neal, Green, Wilson, Guy
LB (9) - Matthews, Bishop, Hawk, Zombo, Walden, Jones, Smith, Francois, Lattimore
CB (6) - Woodson, Williams, Shields, House, Bush, Gordy

K (1) - Crosby
P (1) - Masthay
LS (1) - Goode

Turns out, Gordy had a good game vs. Cleveland and Lattimore is an intriguing prospect. :)
A guy who impressed me was Saine. He's still a long shot, but if he has three more good games, I wouldn't be surprised if he made the team.
Taylor also impressed me. I give him the nod over Crabtree.
I have a feeling the Packers get their #9 OL from another team. Saine, Gordy, Lattimore, Francois, and Harrell (if he doesn't show improvement) are all candidates to be cut if we pick up an OL from another team. Thompson always seems to have an unbalanced roster after the final cutdowns.

Harlan Huckleby
08-17-2011, 12:14 AM
I think I agree completely with your revised list, other than the linebacker with the funny name.

Oh, maybe Bush sticks at safety, I don't really know who Levine is.

HarveyWallbangers
08-17-2011, 12:16 AM
I think I agree completely with your revised list, other than the linebacker with the funny name.

You talkin' about the Frenchy? Francois? :)

Harlan Huckleby
08-17-2011, 12:17 AM
no, Smith

Pugger
08-17-2011, 07:58 AM
Jolly was a pro-bowler waiting to happen before he f*@ked up his life. Big loss for us there.

But he screwed up ON the field as well. That poor fool threw away everything, didn't he?

Pugger
08-17-2011, 08:02 AM
Is Harrell still eligible for the PS? Here is one guy that could have used MM's QB school this past offseason.

sharpe1027
08-17-2011, 08:11 AM
Saine got a lot of playing time, and while he didn't do anything wrong, I didn't see anything that impressed me. I am interested in what did people saw in him that they liked. He seemed pretty pedestrian even against 3rd teamers .

Ballboy
08-17-2011, 09:47 AM
After the first preseason game, a new stab:

RB (4) - Grant, Starks, Green, Saine
FB (1) - Kuhn
TE (4) - Finley, Williams, Quarless, Taylor
OL (8) - Clifton, Sherrod, Wells, Sitton, Bulaga, Lang, Newhouse, McDonald

DL (6) - Raji, Pickett, Neal, Green, Wilson, Guy
LB (9) - Matthews, Bishop, Hawk, Zombo, Walden, Jones, Smith, Francois, Lattimore
CB (6) - Woodson, Williams, Shields, House, Bush, Gordy

K (1) - Crosby
P (1) - Masthay
LS (1) - Goode

Turns out, Gordy had a good game vs. Cleveland and Lattimore is an intriguing prospect. :)
A guy who impressed me was Saine. He's still a long shot, but if he has three more good games, I wouldn't be surprised if he made the team.
Taylor also impressed me. I give him the nod over Crabtree.
I have a feeling the Packers get their #9 OL from another team. Saine, Gordy, Lattimore, Francois, and Harrell (if he doesn't show improvement) are all candidates to be cut if we pick up an OL from another team. Thompson always seems to have an unbalanced roster after the final cutdowns.

I would prefer Harrell on the practice squad, which can open up a sport for another full-back....we've kept three the past few years, I dont seem them lowering it to one. Saine does nothing for me either, yeah he played OK, but didnt knock my socks off....I would be totally happy with Grant, Starks and Green as RB's going into the season...again maybe practice squad.

Brad Jones is another guy I see being cut although I dont know where to add another player....Jones needs to really turn it on, doesnt do much on special teams either. If Neal is out the first game or two of the season, maybe Wynn sticks to cover depth at DL.

HarveyWallbangers
08-17-2011, 10:23 AM
Saine - looked like pretty powerful with some speed and shiftiness. Always fell forward. Has nice size for pass protection. Caught the ball well. To me, he looked a heck of a lot better than Nance, and he kind of looked like what I expected Green to look like.

If Harrell is eligible for PS again, I'm all for that. I'm not sure if he is. If we attempt to put him on PS, I have a feeling he'll be gone though. I wouldn't really sweat losing him.

HarveyWallbangers
08-17-2011, 10:26 AM
I checked out the combine results, and athletically Saine matches up very well with Green

Saine - 5'11" 220, 4.40 40, 2.55 20, 22 bench press reps, 34 1/2" vertical, 9'5" broad jump, 4.25 shuttle, 6.98 cone
Green - 6'0" 225, 4.45 40, 2.60 20, 20 bench press reps, 34" vertical, 9'6" broad jump, 4.15 shuttle, 6.91 cone

Brandon494
08-17-2011, 10:35 AM
We aren't keeping 4 RBs.

HarveyWallbangers
08-17-2011, 02:08 PM
These can be telling.

No. 1 KO cover team: Collins, RTaylor, Crabtree, Smith, BJones, Crosby, Bush, Lee, Francois, Peprah, Shields [via Twitter]
No. 1 KO return team: Bush, Francois, Crabtree, BJones, Lee, RTaylor, A. Green, Smith, Kuhn, Nelson and Cobb as return man [via Twitter]

Bush, Lee, Francois, Smith, Taylor, Crabtree, Jones, Smith on both teams.

sharpe1027
08-17-2011, 03:06 PM
Saine - looked like pretty powerful with some speed and shiftiness. Always fell forward. Has nice size for pass protection. Caught the ball well. To me, he looked a heck of a lot better than Nance, and he kind of looked like what I expected Green to look like.

If Harrell is eligible for PS again, I'm all for that. I'm not sure if he is. If we attempt to put him on PS, I have a feeling he'll be gone though. I wouldn't really sweat losing him.

Agreed that he looked better than Nance, but that's not saying much. :)

Fritz
08-17-2011, 03:24 PM
Saine didn't really impress me all that much as a college player. I am intrigued by this Lattimore kid - I suspect that keeping or cutting guys like that depends on two things: exactly how much upside they have, and how aware they think other teams are of this guy - if they think he's potential starting material down the road and they think someone will snatch him off the PS, they might just keep him and make him a game day inactive.

But I think we all agree that Quinn Johnson is . . .

Fritz
08-17-2011, 03:27 PM
http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTF8OlTShKPJHk6g5jUN_GqceUB1kp_B MyagLyWX5Hn5syyzF-Y

vince
08-17-2011, 04:48 PM
QB: Rodgers, Flynn, Harrell
RB: Grant, Starks, Green, Kuhn
TE: Finley, Williams, Quarless, Crabtree, Taylor
WR: Jennings, Cobb, Jones, Nelson, Driver
OL: Clifton, Lang, Wells, Sitton, Bulaga, Sherrod, Newhouse, McDonald, Dietrich-Smith

DL: Pickett, Raji, Neal, Wilson, Green, Wynn
ILB: Hawk, Bishop, Smith, Francois
CB: Williams, Woodson, Shields, House, Bush, Lee
S: Collins, Burnett, Peprah, Levine

K: Crosby
P: Masthay
LS: Goode

- Levine has shown a lot of improvement from last year's preseason when he didn't have much of a clue yet.
- I dropped Elmore from the team, who I'm pretty certain had All-Pro written all over him until Bretsky gooched him. Now he won't even make the team.
- Gordy looked good last week, but I'll hang onto Lee for one more week to see if he recovers from his match-up with Cribbs. Both he and Bush shit the bed last week with the 1's, but have reportedly been good in camp. I know the league is littered with successful short corners, but I'm just skeptical of them. It's too easy to go over the top on them. We'll see what happens if/when Gordy plays with some 1's.
- I haven't seen enough of Guy yet, but he could well make the team over Wynn on the d-line.
- I wouldn't be shocked to see Crabtree cut for one of the young receivers like Borel or West.
- I think they'd rather keep Schlauderaff over Dietrich-Smith, and may yet, but he needs to show more than he has to this point.
- I got 15 guys I'd like to stash on the practice squad that have developmental value as far as I can tell - Borel, West, Guy, Peanut Joseph, Schlauderaff, Campbell, Dominguez, Saine, Hoeze, Lattimore, So'oto, Gordy, M.D. Jennings, Elmore, Ross

Fritz
08-17-2011, 05:41 PM
Vince, I'm curious about your wanting to stash Elmore. Everything I've read so far suggests that he's a dud. Are you seeing some things others aren't?

vince
08-17-2011, 05:54 PM
He's playing a whole new position and he hasn't thrived that's for sure. I think he's a hard worker with a lot of heart and may be the kind of guy that makes a jump in a year. He could use a red-shirt year so to speak to get used to the new techniques of the position and develop his laterall agility and quickness. He may not get that chance, but I'd like to see him work on it for a year and come back next year and see what he's got.

Fritz
08-17-2011, 06:54 PM
That makes sense. And since he's shown virtually nothing at training camp, he's the kind of guy who could sneak by on the PS, as opposed to that linebacker - what is his name? Lattimore? He's flashed a bit.

Brandon494
08-17-2011, 07:02 PM
Vince that's exactly like mine besides I have Gordy making it over Lee. I like Gordy's ball skills over Lee who seems he can never locate the ball. Lee was drafted as a press cover corner which really doesn't fit our defense.

RashanGary
08-20-2011, 10:10 AM
ROSTER BREAKDOWN

** = make team / possible trade () = Bubble, doubtful trade
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OFFENSE - mostly locks with bubble/possible trade
QB - 2 - Rodgers, Harrell *Flynn*
RB - 3 - Starks, Grant, Green
FB - 1 - Kuhn (Quinn Jonson)
TE -4 - Finley, Williams *Quarless* (Taylor, Crabtree)
WR - 5 - Jennings, Driver, Nelson, Cobb, *Jones, West*
OL - 8 - Clifton, Lang, Wells, McDonald, Sitton, Bulaga, Newhouse, McDonald, Sherrod (Shlaudershit, Dietrich Smith, Domingez)

23 IN HOUSE
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DEFENSE - mostly locks with bubble/possible trade
DL - 4 - Raji, Neal, Pickett, Green (Wynn Wilson, Guy)
LB - 6 - Matthews, Hawk, Bishop, Zombo, Walden, Williams (Francios, Jones, So'oto, Elmore)
S - 3 - Collins, Burnett, Peprah (Levine, MD Jennings)
CB - 5 - Williams, Woodson, Shields, Gordy, Bush (Ross) - Note, I think Lee is damn near guaranteed to be cut

18 IN HOUSE
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SPECIAL TEAMS
Crosby, Goode, Masthay

3 IN HOUSE

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
46 LOCKED SPOTS
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2-4 open offensive spots - 6 to be cut or traded from this list of 10
Flynn
Quarless
Jones
West

Q Johnson
R Taylor
T Crabtree
Shit Shlaudershit
E Dietrich
Whoever Domingez

We have excess offense

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

5-7 open defensive spots - 0 safe players in this list
C Wilson
J Wynn
whoever Guy
R Francois
whoever So'oto
R Elmore
whoever Levine
M Jennings
B Ross

Our defense could be upgraded
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TRADES LIKELY - OFFENSE FOR DEFENSE Could be a surprise trade, a quality offensive player for a quality defensive player or high pick.

RashanGary
08-20-2011, 10:12 AM
oops

Brandon494
08-20-2011, 11:47 AM
We aren't going to trade Jones after we just resigned him, we aren't going to trade Quarless because he has no value, and we aren't going to trade West because teams know they can get him off waivers. Now we might trade a 6th or 7th rounder for D-line depth but thats about it.

rbaloha1
08-20-2011, 12:02 PM
We aren't going to trade Jones after we just resigned him, we aren't going to trade Quarless because he has no value, and we aren't going to trade West because teams know they can get him off waivers. Now we might trade a 6th or 7th rounder for D-line depth but thats about it.

Agree with your assessment. Back-up d-line is becoming an issue. Can Neal remain healthy? There must be other Howard Greens available soon or via trade.

PaCkFan_n_MD
08-20-2011, 12:22 PM
Trading Jones? Thats laughable. You should make a new thread about jumping to conclusions after the second preseason game. West doesn't look that bad, but that was the easiest TD he will ever score in his life. No Safety help over the top and the CB looked lost. He ran straight and Flynn made the throw he was supposed to make. If he doesn't make that play he is not getting as hyped up by people.

I'll take Jones who has shown he can get open vs number one defenses. Not trading away piece of the strongest part of the team.

rbaloha1
08-20-2011, 01:00 PM
Trading Jones? Thats laughable. You should make a new thread about jumping to conclusions after the second preseason game. West doesn't look that bad, but that was the easiest TD he will ever score in his life. No Safety help over the top and the CB looked lost. He ran straight and Flynn made the throw he was supposed to make. If he doesn't make that play he is not getting as hyped up by people.

I'll take Jones who has shown he can get open vs number one defenses. Not trading away piece of the strongest part of the team.

How many times did Jones drop "easy touchdowns?"

PaCkFan_n_MD
08-20-2011, 02:49 PM

A lot. But he has also made quite a few big plays throughout the year as well. West was playing against 3rd string players and basically wasn't even covered on the play. It was a good play, but it wasn't a wow play.

Brandon494
08-21-2011, 04:56 PM
FB (1) - Kuhn
WR (6) - Jennings, Driver, Nelson, Jones, Cobb, West
TE (4) - Finley, Quarless, Williams, Taylor
OL (9) - Clifton, Lang, Wells, Sitton, Bulaga, Sherrod, Newhouse, McDonald, Dietrich-Smith

K (1) - Crosby
P (1) - Masthay
LS (1) - Goode

Crabtree out, West in

rbaloha1
08-21-2011, 05:14 PM
FB (1) - Kuhn
WR (6) - Jennings, Driver, Nelson, Jones, Cobb, West
TE (4) - Finley, Quarless, Williams, Taylor

K (1) - Crosby
P (1) - Masthay
LS (1) - Goode

Crabtree out, West in

I never saw Crabtree block as per reputation. IMO Ryan Taylor is better all around player and should be kept.

Quarless is the question mark.

Brandon494
08-21-2011, 05:20 PM
From what I hear Quarless has put on more weight and improved his blocking. He still is the #2 TE on the team though. Williams has to improve his blocking and Taylor is still rare at the TE position.

Harlan Huckleby
08-21-2011, 06:34 PM
Underwood has been hurt, but he was supposedly playing very well at safety. He might get a job.

HarveyWallbangers
09-03-2011, 01:33 AM
Late Stab at the Roster

QB (3): Rodgers, Flynn, Harrell
RB (3): Grant, Starks, Green
FB (2): Kuhn, Johnson
TE (5): Finley, Quarless, Crabtree, Taylor, Williams
WR (5): Jennings, Driver, Nelson, Jones, Cobb
OL (8): Clifton, Lang, Wells, Sitton, Bulaga, Sherrod, Newhouse, Dietrich-Smith

DL (6): Raji, Pickett, Neal, Wilson, Green, Wynn
LB (9): Matthews, Bishop, Hawk, Walden, Zombo, Smith, Francois, So'oto, Lattimore
CB (6): Williams, Woodson, Shields, Bush, Lee, House
S (3): Collins, Burnett, Peprah

ST (3): Crosby, Masthay, Goode

Lattimore gets the roster spot until/unless the Packers claim an OL or S they like from another team. Then, it's off to the practice squad.

bobblehead
09-03-2011, 05:02 AM

Exactly as many times as he burned defenders for easy touchdowns and then dropped them.

pbmax
09-03-2011, 09:05 AM
8 O Line would be tough, but it certainly seems that is the max that have earned a spot. I suspect McDonald, like Lang, dearly missed not having an offseason program.

I put this in the darkhorse thread, but McGinn has an Insider article that claims the TE depth chart is Finley, Taylor, Crabtree, Quarless, DJ Williams,

Also a bit worried about 3 safeties and not Underwood. Bush is then backup safety 4.