PDA

View Full Version : YUP, thats our TE

red
08-02-2011, 08:34 PM
here's a little clip on yahoo, showing just what kind of talent that our very own #88 has

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Video-Packers-tight-end-Finley-catches-two-ball?urn=nfl-wp4424

i am a little disappointed he didn't get both feet in though

vince
08-02-2011, 08:53 PM
Talkin' smack ain't bad when you can back it up.

Brandon494
08-02-2011, 09:03 PM
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/15384478/if-healthy-supertalented-te-finley-can-be-best-in-nfl/rss

Good article on Finley which mentioned his catch(s).

King Friday
08-02-2011, 10:34 PM
The guy has the talent to be one of the best receiving TEs ever...which is why he has no future in Green Bay. He won't be interested AT ALL in the 8 man rotation Green Bay is building at WR/TE. He will want to go somewhere and catch 100 balls a year...which ain't happening in Green Bay. The writing is on the wall...Thompson has selected Crabtree and Williams, two TEs who are almost strictly receivers, in each of the last 2 drafts. I'm guessing Thompson fully expects Finley to bolt the first chance he gets too.

Hopefully he can stay healthy the rest of the time he's in Green Bay and post Pro Bowl caliber numbers. Rodgers must be chomping at the bit to get this season started. I fully expect them to score 30 points a game with ease.

Guiness
08-03-2011, 12:47 AM
The guy has the talent to be one of the best receiving TEs ever...which is why he has no future in Green Bay. He won't be interested AT ALL in the 8 man rotation Green Bay is building at WR/TE. He will want to go somewhere and catch 100 balls a year...which ain't happening in Green Bay. The writing is on the wall...Thompson has selected Crabtree and Williams, two TEs who are almost strictly receivers, in each of the last 2 drafts. I'm guessing Thompson fully expects Finley to bolt the first chance he gets too.

Hopefully he can stay healthy the rest of the time he's in Green Bay and post Pro Bowl caliber numbers. Rodgers must be chomping at the bit to get this season started. I fully expect them to score 30 points a game with ease.

Crabtree is strictly a receiver??? He's an incredibly tenacius blocker! I can't remember who made the comment, but I loved it - 'He blocks like his hair is on fire and you're trying to rape his grandma'!

sharpe1027
08-03-2011, 08:45 AM
Crabtree is strictly a receiver??? He's an incredibly tenacius blocker! I can't remember who made the comment, but I loved it - 'He blocks like his hair is on fire and you're trying to rape his grandma'!

Maybe he meant Quarless?

MJZiggy
08-03-2011, 08:53 AM

Not sure I agree. Before Finley went down last season, the talk was that Rodgers was trying to force the ball to him and that the injury forced Rodgers to spread the love around a bit. Finley will be fine.

TheRaven
08-03-2011, 09:03 AM
If Finley leaves, so be it. The guy has a ton of talent, but the Pack can absorb that loss and move on obviously. In fact, even if he wants to return, it would be hard to justify giving him a competitive contract considering the wealth of receiving options GB should have at the time.

Brandon494
08-03-2011, 09:12 AM
Anyone who is ok with Finley leaving clearly does not understand how talented this guy is. IMO he's the best TE in the NFC and maybe even the best in the league in a few years. Unless he just wants to leave Green Bay ,which it doesn't seem to me that he does, TT will end up paying him.

TheRaven
08-03-2011, 09:16 AM
I don't know if it is as simple as 'not understanding how talented the guy is'. It is an opinion on what his worth is in comparison to the depth of that position and needs at other areas.

Yoop
08-03-2011, 09:20 AM

I have no idea who said that either, but Crabtree lost more battles than he won as a blocker last year, and has plenty to learn yet, I'am hoping for improvment in that department this year though

Yoop
08-03-2011, 09:27 AM
Anyone who is ok with Finley leaving clearly does not understand how talented this guy is. IMO he's the best TE in the NFC and maybe even the best in the league in a few years. Unless he just wants to leave Green Bay ,which it doesn't seem to me that he does, TT will end up paying him.

I doubt it, I love Finley, dont get me wrong, but thats not Teds MO, in fact if AR resorts to tunnell vision as he did last year concerning Finley then it's at the expense to the rest of this offense, and Finley would then become a liability and not a asset, Finley needs to show some patience in this offense and accept just his share with targeting throws his way, other wise he is certain to be leaving.

Cheesehead Craig
08-03-2011, 09:29 AM
I don't know if it is as simple as 'not understanding how talented the guy is'. It is an opinion on what his worth is in comparison to the depth of that position and needs at other areas.

I think it's all going to come down to how much he's going to want for $$. Nobody's arguing his talent and we'd all love to keep him here, but if he's prohibitively expensive he won't get resigned.

Smidgeon
08-03-2011, 10:30 AM

Has Finley told you that he'd prefer stats to winning? :|

TheRaven
08-03-2011, 11:55 AM
I think it's all going to come down to how much he's going to want for $$. Nobody's arguing his talent and we'd all love to keep him here, but if he's prohibitively expensive he won't get resigned.

That was what I was saying.

Brandon494
08-09-2011, 09:02 PM
http://blogs.greenbaypressgazette.com/blogs/gpg/insider/2011/08/09/finley-remains-focal-point-of-offense/

"Finley’s agent, Blake Baratz, told the Press-Gazette he did not envision a scenario in which the Packers let Finley walk out the door."

PaCkFan_n_MD
08-09-2011, 09:26 PM
You don't let talent like that just leave at age 24. Him and Sitton need to be locked up asap. Finding players as talented as him is rare. Why would you draft and develop a player as talented as him just to let him leave. If he wants to play here, and which by all indications it seems likes he wants to, why not keep him?

Upnorth
08-09-2011, 10:15 PM
You don't let talent like that just leave at age 24. Him and Sitton need to be locked up asap. Finding players as talented as him is rare. Why would you draft and develop a player as talented as him just to let him leave. If he wants to play here, and which by all indications it seems likes he wants to, why not keep him?
This is bang on.