PDA

View Full Version : Robert Ferguson?

PackerPro42
08-13-2006, 08:39 AM
I was so mad when I saw the packers started Ferguson, because he didn't do anything in camp.

woodbuck27
08-13-2006, 08:42 AM
Robert Ferguson didn't deserve to start. We don't know what Ted Thompson is thinking though.

GO PACKERS ! HOLD tHE FAITH ! !

red
08-13-2006, 08:47 AM
i guess i kind of expected it to happen

thats not to say i agreed with it at all

what'd he have 1 catch with no one within 5 yards of him? he made i nice catch, but until he can do it in traffic i won't trust him

it did look like on the first pass he kind of gave up on the pass early, even though it was a bad pass from favre. he could have made a better attempt at getting to the ball. but to me, and i only saw a couple of bad replays, it looked like he was in double coverage, and saw he would have to dive for the ball and he decided to just give up on it. i mean he was already pulled up by the time the ball got out there

i don't like that one bit

Terry
08-13-2006, 09:01 AM
Robert Ferguson didn't deserve to start. We don't know what Ted Thompson is thinking though.

I seriously doubt if Thompson decides who starts. Ever.

Patler
08-13-2006, 09:12 AM
I'm not sure that a returning starter with as long of a tenure as Ferguson, whose competition is mainly rookies and low-level free agents, should lose his starting spot after a couple weeks of training camp and no games. The newcomers have to prove in practices and in games that they deserve to replace the veteran.

Preseason game #3 is when you often see changes made, after the newcomers prove in successive games that the earned it, and with two opportunities to fit in before the season starts..

woodbuck27
08-13-2006, 09:23 AM

I seriously doubt if Thompson decides who starts. Ever.

That is under review on this board,Terry.

Did you read Rastak's thread:

"What the heck is this ?" ??

GO PACKERS ! HOLD THE FAITH ! !

BallHawk
08-13-2006, 09:27 AM
Listen, I think that Jennings is the better receiver and that he will, ultimately, win the #2 roll, but it's a preseason game, nothing more.

gbpackfan
08-13-2006, 09:31 AM
Stop hating on Ferguson. He made one hell of a catch last night. Jennings play good too, expect for that brutal drop, and he will get plenty of playing time. What does it matter? The No. 2 and 3 WR both get on the field a ton and they will both have their opportunities to show off their "skills."

OF ALL THE THINGS TO GET MAD ABOUT AFTER LAST NIGHTS PERFORMANCE, THIS ISSUE ISN'T EVEN ON THE RADAR!!!!!! :evil:

4and12to12and4
08-13-2006, 12:06 PM
Well, if any of these other guys would've stepped up before this game, maybe he wouldn't have started. By the way, he had a great catch for 24 yards in that game, and how many opportunities did he get? I mean, it's not like he was dropping balls out there. Favre and Rodgers really didn't look his way very often. It seemed like alot of those plays were drawn up to go to Jennings. By the way, isn't Jennings talents more condusive in this offense for him to stay at #3? Quick slants and inside routes? I don't tink the staff will want to put him outside. Maybe I'm wrong.

RashanGary
08-13-2006, 12:18 PM
I was disappointed but I understand it. Ferg trys so hard. You almost feel bad for him the way he practices and how bad he sucks. Coaches will replace a loafer before they replace a turd who tries hard. Ferg will eventually be a STer and #3 WR. He's hurting the team when on the field and that is the bottom line. The coaches will come around. Like Patler said, you don't replace a regular vet before a preseason game is even played.

On a positive note, I think Boerigter is cut after that pansie attempt at a jump ball.

Joemailman
08-13-2006, 01:29 PM
Anyone who would get mad about who started in the first pre-season game needs to go for a walk...breathe in some fresh air...listen to the birds sing...get away from the computer...forget about football for a day or two.

TPF
08-13-2006, 01:32 PM
Anyone who would get mad about who started in the first pre-season game needs to go for a walk...breathe in some fresh air...listen to the birds sing...get away from the computer...forget about football for a day or two.

Agreed.

PackerPro42
08-13-2006, 04:58 PM
I thought they were going to start Jennings because he's been so good at training camp and Fergy hasn't been. But Jennings dropped a big pass too, so it's a toss up either way.

the_idle_threat
08-14-2006, 03:56 AM
At this point, the #2 job is Fergie's to lose, and he's still working on that. I'm confident he'll earn back his spot on the pine before too long.

prsnfoto
08-14-2006, 09:15 AM
On a positive note, I think Boerigter is cut after that pansie attempt at a jump ball.

Do you mean that horrible pass that rodgers threw to the inside instead of the outside where it belonged? Atleast he jumped for it unlike Faguson who would have been on the ground crying don't hurt me please don't hurt me.

Pack0514
08-14-2006, 09:45 AM
Fergy had a tight catch on the sideline. One of the best I have seen in a while. I am not saying he is a changed man but you gotta give props where props are due.

Unless Boerighter shows something, he may be the odd man out. I think it will come down to him and Martin for the 5th WR spot. I also think Rodgers will make the team as the 6th WR but only because he can be a return man and he was a 4th round pick.

1. Driver
2. Fergy
3. Jennings
4. Gardner
5. Martin / Boerighter
6. Rodgers

Creepy
08-14-2006, 12:40 PM
Ferguson made a nice cathc without anybody near him. Other than that he wasn't open. Not getting open is Fergusons problem and when they throw tight to him, he seems to not want to go after the ball. Gradner showed he wanted the ball when in and may start the next game. They are working with Ferguson as #2 and Jennings #3, but I thin next week Gardner will start at #2. he whoplays best in games will bethe #2 receiver.

Since jennings is playing the #3 with the first and #2 withthe second, I belive that he will improve more. Would not be shocked if he moved int oteh #2 slot, but hwen 3WR are on the field he will move into the slot. Will have to watch and wait.

Boericter had one nice catch and he didn't getthe sideline throw. The throw was alittle to far inside and in front of Boericter, but at least he tried for it. Not his fault for the play. With his size they should have him going post not sideline, where hi height and jumping aility would have served him better.

Right now C. Rogers has solidified nothing. Rceiving was so-so and retunrs were bah-humbug.

If going off last night,this is how I would look at WR:

Driver #1
Jennings #2
Gardner #3
Ferguson #4
Boericter #5
Martin #6

Rogers on the practice squad.

Fritz
08-14-2006, 01:48 PM
Fergie and Gardner seem like peas in a pod. Boerigter doesn't seem to have done much. I say cut either Gardner or Fergie, cut Boerigter, and keep the younger guys.

It's Fergie's fifth year. It's too late to say he'll blossom now. Four years seems about the max that a guy takes - even a punter - to blossom.

4and12to12and4
08-14-2006, 01:56 PM
Ferguson made a nice cathc without anybody near him. Other than that he wasn't open. Not getting open is Fergusons problem and when they throw tight to him, he seems to not want to go after the ball. Gradner showed he wanted the ball when in and may start the next game. They are working with Ferguson as #2 and Jennings #3, but I thin next week Gardner will start at #2. he whoplays best in games will bethe #2 receiver.

Since jennings is playing the #3 with the first and #2 withthe second, I belive that he will improve more. Would not be shocked if he moved int oteh #2 slot, but hwen 3WR are on the field he will move into the slot. Will have to watch and wait.

Boericter had one nice catch and he didn't getthe sideline throw. The throw was alittle to far inside and in front of Boericter, but at least he tried for it. Not his fault for the play. With his size they should have him going post not sideline, where hi height and jumping aility would have served him better.

Right now C. Rogers has solidified nothing. Rceiving was so-so and retunrs were bah-humbug.

If going off last night,this is how I would look at WR:

Driver #1
Jennings #2
Gardner #3
Ferguson #4
Boericter #5
Martin #6

Rogers on the practice squad.

Your claim about Fergy is unjustified. I watched this game over and over again looking at many of the plays over 20 times watching for different players and what they did and didn't do. There were very few plays that Fergy was even onscreen. They threw away from him often. And I looked to see if both Rodgers and Favre looked his way. Most of the time they didn't. They both tended to key in on one or two guys and fling it. Hell, they didn't have time to do otherwise. So, to say that he was not open is not being fair to him. That is, unless you were watching the game in widescreen and saw more than I could. :mrgreen: