PDA

View Full Version : football genius contest: RB

Harlan Huckleby
08-03-2011, 11:07 AM
Those of you who think the answer to this is obvious are not geniuses

HarveyWallbangers
08-03-2011, 11:09 AM
Grant. Until last year, he was durable. He's not that old and doesn't have a ton of mileage on his legs. I say he holds up.

Harlan Huckleby
08-03-2011, 11:11 AM
Starks. Look how far he came in a couple of months.

bobblehead
08-03-2011, 11:12 AM
Grant. Until last year, he was durable. He's not that old and doesn't have a ton of mileage on his legs. I say he holds up.

Really? His injury history put him in a position to reach FA around the age of 104. He has had injury problems his entire life minus 2 seasons.

smuggler
08-03-2011, 11:22 AM
Really? His injury history put him in a position to reach FA around the age of 104. He has had injury problems his entire life minus 2 seasons.

Which player are you talking about? We're talking about starting running back Ryan Grant. One hamstring tweak as a junior at Notre Dame. One severe arm lasceration as a result of some clumsy fatass in a night club. One ankle injury that no player could have avoided, that would have cost him about 10-12 games, if not for the fact that we needed his roster spot.

Scott Campbell
08-03-2011, 11:23 AM
I think we may not have a feature back.

Smidgeon
08-03-2011, 12:06 PM
I don't know if Grant will be durable the entire season, but I think he'll be back for the playoffs. At least the first round...

vince
08-03-2011, 12:11 PM
All of the above.

Harlan Huckleby
08-03-2011, 12:22 PM
All of the above.

Lets hope not. When you got 3 #1s, that means you got 3 mediocre players.

One of them is going to be the man before the year is out.

smuggler
08-03-2011, 12:25 PM
There's no mediocrity here. We already know what we have in Grant. Worst case scenario, we have a solid, productive back. Best case scenario, Alex Green becomes a golden god.

Fritz
08-03-2011, 12:39 PM
There will be no "featured" back. MM will go to an empty backfield, four wideouts-plus-Finley set on all but a handful of plays. Grant will average about six carries a game, Starks four, and another carry or two for Kuhn or Green.

hoosier
08-03-2011, 12:55 PM
But then Aikman and Buck won't be able to use their favorite word ("balance"). How will they fill up all the silence?

3irty1
08-03-2011, 01:27 PM
I think it was Nagler to tweeted that Starks looks to be the most explosive of the three in camp right now.

I think Starks will win the 3rd down back job and we will have a running back controversy until about October when Grant will separate himself. He's a second half kind of guy.

Tony Oday
08-03-2011, 01:33 PM
Grant wins it.

MJZiggy
08-03-2011, 03:09 PM
But then Aikman and Buck won't be able to use their favorite word ("balance"). How will they fill up all the silence?If there is a god, they will fill it with the sounds of the football game.

bobblehead
08-03-2011, 03:59 PM
Which player are you talking about? We're talking about starting running back Ryan Grant. One hamstring tweak as a junior at Notre Dame. One severe arm lasceration as a result of some clumsy fatass in a night club. One ankle injury that no player could have avoided, that would have cost him about 10-12 games, if not for the fact that we needed his roster spot.

Thats the one. His injury history is about double Cullen Jenkins, but all I heard was that he was injury prone.

pbmax
08-03-2011, 10:58 PM
I think it was Nagler to tweeted that Starks looks to be the most explosive of the three in camp right now.

I think Starks will win the 3rd down back job and we will have a running back controversy until about October when Grant will separate himself. He's a second half kind of guy.

They will broadcast a game like the Lions last year where McCarthy is running it down after down to drain clock and this will convince them that the run game is still paramount.

Grant will last. He will get spelled by Starks then Green. Starks will be third down guy. I predict two screens will to perfection this year as well.

HarveyWallbangers
08-03-2011, 11:10 PM
Grant wins it.

He didn't ask who will win it. It was a trick question. We are supposed to rub our crystal balls and determine who will be healthy and if one of the young guys shows enough improvement to supplant Grant.

King Friday
08-03-2011, 11:15 PM
Grant is the best RB on the roster...and he is going to be ready to go after having to sit on the sidelines during that Super Bowl run. He won't lose his starting spot...and I wouldn't bet on another serious injury, although I expect him to get dinged up here and there. Starks and Green should be capable to step in if necessary.

Upnorth
08-04-2011, 10:18 AM
At the start of the year Grant willbe running with a chip on his shoulder to make up for last year, resulting in a great first half. However I don't think he will be able to keep it up all year and when playoff's approach we will look at a Starks/Green combop with Starks being the starter.

Harlan Huckleby
08-04-2011, 10:27 AM
I think we may not have a feature back.
maybe so, but only one guy gets to write home and say, "guess what mom, I'm a starter!"

I just was so impressed with the improvement Starks showed last year. He's not as fast as Grant, but a more fluid runner. Tweets are strong for Starks. I'm hoping that Starks moves to top of pile before year is out. I have nothing against Grant, but why not hope for an upgrade?

mraynrand
08-04-2011, 12:20 PM
Lets hope not. When you got 3 #1s, that means you got 3 mediocre players.

Paul Mokeski, Alton Lister, and Randy Breuer agree with you.

3irty1
08-04-2011, 01:37 PM
We are supposed to rub our crystal balls...

Taken out of context for hilarity.

sharpe1027
08-04-2011, 01:41 PM
Grant if we are talking who is the official starter, but only because the Packers starting lineup doesn't correspond to playing time (just look at last year's strange Superbowl starting lineup). Otherwise, it will be a pretty even split on # of carries.

Freak Out
08-04-2011, 01:46 PM
Grant will probaly end up with more carries....Starks will end up with more catches. Green.....who knows?

Brandon494
08-04-2011, 11:29 PM
It could be Grant or Starks, I'm just excited that we'll have a running attack this season with not one, not two, but three solid running backs.