PDA

View Full Version : How Long Will TT Remain?

Smidgeon
08-03-2011, 11:30 AM
I've heard people speculating that TT would finish his contract and be done. Well, this is his take.

From McGinn's interview with TT:

Q. At 58, what's your best guess on how much longer you would want to work in your current position?

A. I don't have a guess. I don't know. Until mandatory retirement (laughter). I get to work with the good people that I work with and the Packers think I should remain in this role, I'm comfortable in it.

TheRaven
08-03-2011, 11:49 AM
It is all just mindless speculation at this point in time. Until we see more definitive signs, it is not even worth worrying about.

Smidgeon
08-03-2011, 12:11 PM
It is all just mindless speculation at this point in time. Until we see more definitive signs, it is not even worth worrying about.

Well, duh. But we're fans. We speculate about everything. About whether it was the right move to let Jenkins walk, whether Lang or McDonald will start at LG, whether Sherrod will end up as a LT or LG, whether Burnett or Peprah will be the opening day strong safety. It's all speculation and not even worth worrying about. To diminuate one over another is just as worthless.

TheRaven
08-03-2011, 02:12 PM
Well, the difference is that the speculation over those items are directly affecting this season..TT is here for this season, and likely several more. He also has final say over his own future, while other players/coaches do not, which increases the speculation due to their wants/desires compared with the wants/desires of their bosses.

I didn't mean to offend you though. I wasn't trying to insinuate that your thread or thoughts were not meaningful. I just personally won't be worrying about it.

vince
08-03-2011, 02:27 PM
TT looks to be settled in at this point. He just signed a 5-year deal, which would bring him to 63. I think he's doing what he loves and is clearly good at. I'm hoping he'll re-up for another 5-years after this deal.

mraynrand
08-03-2011, 02:40 PM
I hope he stays a good long time. I also hopes he gives it up - or it is forced from him - before this:

http://www.sportaphile.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/raiders-sign-bowl-of-oatmeal.jpg

Deputy Nutz
08-03-2011, 02:54 PM
I hope he wrecks his 10 speed into a Sherman tank.

rbaloha1
08-03-2011, 03:36 PM
TT is going nowhere. There is absolutley no speculation.

Smeefers
08-03-2011, 04:09 PM
TT has years with us yet. He's not even close to walking away.

Brandon494
08-03-2011, 05:55 PM
I say 8-10 years

bobblehead
08-03-2011, 06:48 PM
Great. The reporters are starting to speculate about TT's retirement. Soon he will have a teary press conference. MM will have to fly to (where is he from?) to beg him to come back. We will hire a new GM and immediately afterwards TT will claim he still loves running the team and return. This can only end ugly.

mraynrand
08-03-2011, 07:43 PM
Great. The reporters are starting to speculate about TT's retirement. Soon he will have a teary press conference. MM will have to fly to (where is he from?) to beg him to come back. We will hire a new GM and immediately afterwards TT will claim he still loves running the team and return. This can only end ugly.

I know you're joking around, but seriously? TT will leave someday, and nobody will know until weeks later

sheepshead
08-03-2011, 08:46 PM
OMG someone dig up one of the gazillion "Fire TT Now" threads!

Joemailman
08-03-2011, 11:13 PM
OMG someone dig up one of the gazillion "Fire TT Now" threads!

How about the one you started. :tup: :wink: http://packerrats.com/showthread.php?21417-Official-Fire-TT-Now-Thread&highlight=Fire+tt

sheepshead
08-04-2011, 06:55 AM
How about the one you started. :tup: :wink: http://packerrats.com/showthread.php?21417-Official-Fire-TT-Now-Thread&highlight=Fire+tt

Ohhh Good Find! (Tongue-in-cheek thread I hope you realize)

mraynrand
08-04-2011, 07:28 AM
TT is staying as long as I can keep making the payments

http://i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv357/ridley_tt/IMG_0535.jpg