PDA

View Full Version : family night flag football

Harlan Huckleby
08-04-2011, 07:47 PM
I see that there will be no tackling in this Saturday's scrimmage. Maybe good reason for this, but I'm not going to watch.

smuggler
08-04-2011, 11:01 PM
Is this going to be televised? What time/station?

Joemailman
08-04-2011, 11:32 PM
For fans not attending the event, WLUK-TV FOX 11 again will originate a statewide telecast. In addition to Green Bay, the event will be televised on WITI-TV in Milwaukee, WMSN-TV in Madison, WFXS-TV in Wausau and WLAX-TV in La Crosse. Hosted by Drew Smith and other members of the FOX 11 sports and news staffs, the live broadcast will start at 6:30 p.m.

Also NFL Network Sunday Night at 8:00.

smuggler
08-05-2011, 12:04 AM
Thanks, Joe!! I'm planning to tune in!

mraynrand
08-05-2011, 07:33 AM
I see that there will be no tackling in this Saturday's scrimmage. Maybe good reason for this, but I'm not going to watch.

If it were two hands below the waist, would that change your mind?

Harlan Huckleby
08-05-2011, 10:32 AM
If it were two hands below the waist, would that change your mind?

I think it should be tackle football without helmets to weed out the sissies. Isn't that what training camp is supposed to be for?

Honestly, the actual football on Family Night has always been pretty uneventful. But no tackling? How can the defenders even go full speed without accidently bumping over the ball carrier. This is stupid. As long as this is just a football re-enactment, it would be more entertaining if they danced through the plays, sort of like the gang fights in "West Side STory."

vince
08-05-2011, 10:41 AM
It's a practice and a good time for kids.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6cxNR9ML8k

Harlan Huckleby
08-05-2011, 10:51 AM
It's a practice and a good time for kids.

And you think its a good idea to teach our kids to be sissies!?

The real Vince said you tackle and block with your forehead, he never said anything about a pat on the buttocks.

vince
08-05-2011, 11:05 AM
:-) Perhaps football would be a bit different if the real Vince was around...

smuggler
08-05-2011, 12:14 PM
Vince's ghost is in GB, and has been since his death, with the exception of two trips to the Bahamas during the late fall.

mraynrand
08-05-2011, 12:40 PM
I think the Packers should invite Joe Saracho to set a good example...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRWPS4OsYWA&NR=1

mraynrand
08-05-2011, 12:41 PM
I think it should be tackle football without helmets to weed out the sissies. Isn't that what training camp is supposed to be for?

I think if they have a "One Apple" rush instead of "Two Apple" or "Three Apple" that ought to be manly enough.