PDA

View Full Version : If you didn't love the Claymaker before, you will after you find out......

PaCkFan_n_MD
08-09-2011, 09:17 PM
DUDE PLAYED THE SECOND HALF OF THE SEASON WITH A BROKEN LEG LOL

http://packersnews.greenbaypressgazette.com/article/20110809/PKR01/110809193

If Clay Matthews can rack up 13½ regular-season sacks, add 3½ more in the postseason and finish runner-up for the NFL’s defensive player of the year award without taking a preseason snap and while playing the second half of the season on a broken leg, what can he do with a full preseason and a healthy limb?

Wait, a broken what?

Everyone knows Matthews missed all four preseason games last season with his second hamstring injury in as many training camps, but few knew the Green Bay Packers’ star outside linebacker played the second half of the season with a stress fracture in his lower leg.

PaCkFan_n_MD
08-09-2011, 09:19 PM
Put the team on his back lol

Joemailman
08-09-2011, 09:49 PM
It was pretty obvious he was not 100% even after returning to the lineup after his hamstring injury. Now we know why. He has a chance to break the single-season sack record some day if he can stay healthy.

Upnorth
08-09-2011, 10:25 PM
First the hamstrings, now the broken leg, sounds injury prone to me

pbmax
08-09-2011, 10:55 PM
I don't remember stress fracture exactly, but he did miss a game for something, midseason. Anyone remember?

gbgary
08-09-2011, 11:20 PM
the notorious lower-body injury.

Joemailman
08-09-2011, 11:22 PM
I don't remember stress fracture exactly, but he did miss a game for something, midseason. Anyone remember?

Was injured 3rd/4th quarter against Washington in game 5 and then missed the next game against Miami. Pretty sure that was a hamstring injury. Packers were up 10 in Washington when he got hurt before losing in OT, and lost to Miami also in OT.

Cheesehead Craig
08-10-2011, 10:15 AM
The legend grows...

red
08-10-2011, 10:36 AM
un-freaking real

its scary to think of him being healthy if he could be like that with a messed up leg

rbaloha1
08-10-2011, 10:38 AM
Nah. I like Claymaker for being a lover boy than the machismo.

http://deadspin.com/5827548/video-of-michelle-beadle-clay-matthews-strolling-to-espy-party-surfaces-she-still-denies-fucking-him

Brandon494
08-10-2011, 10:44 AM
He get it from his daddy!

pbmax
08-10-2011, 10:52 AM
That would explain why Matthews was listed on every injury report from Week 9 through the NFC championship game as probable with a shin injury. He wasn’t listed on the injury report prior to Super Bowl XLV.

“I don’t make a big deal of it,” Matthews said in a wide-ranging interview with the Green Bay Press-Gazette on Tuesday. “(It happened) some time in the middle of the season. You can’t do anything about it. I was just taking practices off and showing up on game day and giving it my all.”

Missing practice and "shin injury", now I remember it. They should have labeled it lower body injury just to be more vague.

http://packersnews.greenbaypressgazette.com/article/20110809/PKR01/110809193/Broken-leg-didn-t-stop-Matthews-year-LB-aims-keep-injuries-bay?odyssey=tab|topnews|img|FRONTPAGE

cheesner
08-10-2011, 03:03 PM
First the hamstrings, now the broken leg, sounds injury prone to me

First Justin Harrell, now this. Why does TT take these stupid chances. If TT wasn't such an egomaniac, he would cut Claymaker now rather than let him linger like bustin Justin.

bobblehead
08-10-2011, 04:59 PM
Was injured 3rd/4th quarter against Washington in game 5 and then missed the next game against Miami. Pretty sure that was a hamstring injury. Packers were up 10 in Washington when he got hurt before losing in OT, and lost to Miami also in OT.

Also the game Rodgers got concussed and the game after in which he should have been sitting.

bobblehead
08-10-2011, 05:01 PM
Also, lets not get too carried away about this. I skiied for 9 hours with a stress fracture once...its not the same as a broken leg (although I call it a broken leg when I tell the story to the ladies). I was sore for a week, but I could do everything pretty normal. I hope he is even better this year and fully healthy, but I don't think this is as serious as it sounds.

Upnorth
08-10-2011, 06:34 PM
Bobble, I don't think anyone is worried about his injury, at least not if you remember his chase down to cause a fumble in the playoffs. I love that play! If i sounded serious in my post I need to work on my sarcasm, and use of emoticons, how do you put them at the end of a message anyway? Me no good with internet machine!

Kiwon
08-11-2011, 02:04 AM
It was pretty obvious he was not 100% even after returning to the lineup after his hamstring injury. Now we know why. He has a chance to break the single-season sack record some day if he can stay healthy.

Playing for Dom Capers has given him a big boost as well.