PDA

View Full Version : Too much praise?

Upnorth
08-10-2011, 06:41 PM
Looking around the web it seems everyone thinks we are the best team heading into the season. It seems line when ever there is a consense about who is the best, that team makes an early exit from the playoffs. The closest a team has come to suceeding while being flagged as #1 was the 2007 Pats, and we all know how that turned out. I for one would like to see a little bit of negativity from the talking heads.

Lurker64
08-10-2011, 06:48 PM
The last time I remember the Packers being considered superbowl favorites was... 2010.

There's no magic to preseason predictions, people are just guessing. Their guesses have no bearing on what actually happens.

Packers4Glory
08-10-2011, 06:56 PM
well of course w/ all the guys they have returning from INJURY to a super bowl winning team that is also very young..yeah they should be favorites. As should Philly and the Pats and the Falcons have laid it on the line for this yr. There is no logical reason to say the defending champs shouldn't be the team to beat, but make no mistake there are plenty of teams more than capable of knocking them off.

Cheesehead Craig
08-10-2011, 09:53 PM
I'm hearing way more talk about Philly than the Packers. I dare say the onus is on the Iggles to win, not on the Pack.

gbgary
08-10-2011, 10:41 PM
last year was the same way and look what happened.

pbmax
08-11-2011, 10:06 AM
I don't want them to repeat last year's effort to control the Super Bowl talk, which of course meant disabling 1/3 of the roster in season.