PDA

View Full Version : Good move tiger

red
08-11-2011, 11:50 AM
wow, what an idiot. dude was on the top of the world just a couple years ago. then his wife caught him with a sand wedge, then he gets rid of the best swing coaches in the world, then he drops the best caddie in the world, and now he looks like a complete joke on the course

today at the PGA he went out and got to 3 under right out of the gate, then he just fell apart. he can't do anything right. he's 6 over with 3 holes to play. right now, 78 guys have teed off and he's 71st out of those players

just wow

Scott Campbell
08-11-2011, 12:09 PM
wow, what an idiot. dude was on the top of the world just a couple years ago. then his wife caught him with a sand wedge, then he gets rid of the best swing coaches in the world, then he drops the best caddie in the world, and now he looks like a complete joke on the course

today at the PGA he went out and got to 3 under right out of the gate, then he just fell apart. he can't do anything right. he's 6 over with 3 holes to play. right now, 78 guys have teed off and he's 71st out of those players

just wow

But I heard he's feeling good.

ThunderDan
08-11-2011, 01:03 PM

just wow

Having played golf professionally for 5 years out of college, I am going to give Tiger a huge break on this one. He has only played in 1 tournament since April and you can't recreate the feeling of playing inside the ropes with practice rounds. The pressure and intensity are just not the same. 3-5 foot putts are described as throw-up range in professional golf. On Monday-Wednesday 5 footers go in 98% of the time.

If he plays like this next April I will put a lot more weight that Tiger may be done.

Deputy Nutz
08-11-2011, 05:31 PM
Dan, we all know that golf is a difficult sport, but the guy was untouchable when it came to having the best game mentally and physically, and he has managed to flush it all down the drain starting with his loss at the 2009 PGA Championship. It is the biggest collapse in sports history. Which could make it the worlds biggest comeback if he could ever figure it out again.

Bossman641
08-11-2011, 09:41 PM
I'm not a Tiger fan, but today was just flat out embarrassing. I really wish ESPN would shut up about him. He sucks and they show him. He shoots a good round and they say he's on the road back and wonder when he will win again. I'm sick of seeing him. I'm sick of hearing about him. Until he actually gets it together and consistently contends, they should show him just as much as they show other journeymen golfers, because that's exactly what he is right now.

And yes I realize completely that that won't actually happen since Tiger consistently influences the viewing audience.

Joemailman
08-11-2011, 09:47 PM
I really wish ESPN would shut up about him. He sucks and they show him. He shoots a good round and they say he's on the road back and wonder when he will win again. I'm sick of seeing him. I'm sick of hearing about him. Until he actually gets it together and consistently contends, they should show him just as much as they show other journeymen golfers, because that's exactly what he is right now.

And yes I realize completely that that won't actually happen since Tiger consistently influences the viewing audience.

Wait until he starts talking about possibly retiring .

ThunderDan
08-11-2011, 09:59 PM
Dan, we all know that golf is a difficult sport, but the guy was untouchable when it came to having the best game mentally and physically, and he has managed to flush it all down the drain starting with his loss at the 2009 PGA Championship. It is the biggest collapse in sports history. Which could make it the worlds biggest comeback if he could ever figure it out again.

Mentally I agree, physically I am not so sure. He has now had one major and one realitively major leg injury and has had to change his swing to try to take pressure off of his leg.

It is embarrassing to watch him play right now. Kind of reminds me how David Duval dropped off the planet after he was #1 in the world.

Scott Campbell
08-12-2011, 07:38 AM
Wait until he starts talking about possibly retiring .

That's when the Vikings will pick him up.