PDA

View Full Version : THE SIX STALLIONS OF THE NFC---PICK EM

Bretsky
08-11-2011, 10:14 PM
Go on record; name the playoff teams and division winners. See how you end up faring at the end.

NFC North
I have no idea who finishes 2nd, 3rd, and 4th

Pack will win this division

The Bears IMO are worse than last year
The Lions are improving
The Vikings IMO will surprise to the upside
These all seem like 8-8 teams

NFC East- Say Hello to the best division in the NFC

Saints will win this Division; just a gut hunch they beat out Atlanta
Atlanta will be a wild card
Tampa Bay may contend for a wild card
The Panthers will suck

NFC West- Say Hello to the worst division of the NFC
Flipping a frickin coin

I'm guessing Kevin Kolb takes the Cards to the division title

Don't count out the Rams or 49ers...who will swim in mediocrity
Seahawks will disappoint

NFC East--No surprises here

Eagles win the division
My gut tells me the Giants finish second
The Cowboys end up 3rd and disappoint the Cowboy nation again
Redskins are once again sub par

SIX STALLIONS

GB PACKERS
NO SAINTS
DA EAGLES
DA CARDINALS
FLACONS
GIANTS....edging out the Bucs and Cowpies

King Friday
08-11-2011, 10:31 PM
Division winners (wins):
Packers (12)
Eagles (12)
Bucs (10)
Rams (8)

Wildcards:
Falcons (10)
Cowboys (10)

And the NFC North will be the best division in the conference...good chance all 4 teams reach 7 wins. The Lions and Bears are both better than either the Giants or Cowboys IMO, although the Cowboys will have a soft schedule and may get a win more.

3irty1
08-11-2011, 10:40 PM
I think both wildcards come out of the NFC South.

pbmax
08-11-2011, 11:27 PM
I think the Falcons will suffer from a tough division and tougher schedule. Bears will not make the playoffs. I think the Giants have stood too still and the Cardinals are still too much mirage. Bucs and Rams are two of three new entrants into the NFC playoff meat grinder. The Cowboys are the third, and though I think Garrett is a step up as HC, Ryan as DC is a wash compared to Phillips and they have no CBs.

NFC East Eagles
NFC North Packers
NFC South Saints
NFC West Rams
NFC WC Bucs
NFC WC Cowboys

HarveyWallbangers
08-11-2011, 11:43 PM
NFC East- Say Hello to the best division in the NFC

I was going to contradict you here, but it seems you just messed up the division name. :)

HarveyWallbangers
08-11-2011, 11:47 PM
Philadelphia
Green Bay
Atlanta
Arizona

New Orleans
Dallas

Flip a coin on that last one. Under consideraton: Giants, Dallas, Chicago, Detroit, Tampa Bay. Long-term, I like the Bucs, but something tells me they take a step back this year before becoming a legit title contender in another year or two. I wish I knew if Stafford would stay healthy. I liked the Giants as an underdog, but there is just a bad vibe coming from that team. Dallas has some talent, Garrett turned them around a bit last year, and they did win 13 games with Romo in 2009. I'm going to go with Dallas.

Lurker64
08-12-2011, 12:39 AM
Division Winners:
North: Green Bay
West: St. Louis
South: New Orleans.
East: Dallas

Wild Cards:
Tampa Bay
Philly

The hype drain on the Iggles will be derailed by Michael Vick missing time due to injury (like he always does), and Vince Young still not being an NFL QB but they make the playoffs as a 6 seed and are dangerous. Atlanta was more lucky than good last year, they rode Turner hard and he won't be nearly as healthy this year, they finish 9-7 or so and barely miss the playoffs.

Bretsky
08-12-2011, 07:33 AM
I think both wildcards come out of the NFC South.

this is not a thread for comments w/o Iron Clad Predications .....make your six picks !! :)

smuggler
08-12-2011, 07:48 AM
I don't see the Giants as a playoff team. I think Dallas might have a chance, though.

Packers
Eagles
Saints
Rams

Bucs
Falcons

vince
08-12-2011, 08:01 AM
Packers
Saints
Eagles
Rams

Falcons
Bucs

hoosier
08-12-2011, 08:14 AM
GB
Philly
NO
StL

TB
Det

wist43
08-12-2011, 08:29 AM
Division winners
Packers (12-4)
Saints (11-5)
Eagles (12-4)
Rams (9-7)

Wildcards
Bucs (10-6)
Cowboys (10-6)

HarveyWallbangers
08-12-2011, 08:46 AM
Seems a lot of people are down on the Falcons. There's a lot to like about that team (Ryan, Turner, Gonzalez, White, Jones, resigned most of their OL, and their defense has good players). I know they got crushed by us in the playoffs. Then again, everybody's darling (the Saints) got beat by the 7-9 Seahawks in the playoffs.

sheepshead
08-12-2011, 08:47 AM
I dont think the bears will fall off this much. They will battle for the wild card and should get in. Bucs over the cowboys for the other spot. Freeman will have a very good year.

smuggler
08-12-2011, 09:18 AM
Both the Bears and Falcons were practically uninjured last season, while the Saints, Packers, Colts, Bucs all improve purely by getting healthy. The logic is that the Bears and Falcons won't be so fortunate this season. Even if they are, their rival teams aren't likely to be as unlucky as in 2010. Plus, they both have tougher schedules than 2010, simply based on the fact that they won their divisions.

pbmax
08-12-2011, 09:35 AM
Seems a lot of people are down on the Falcons. There's a lot to like about that team (Ryan, Turner, Gonzalez, White, Jones, resigned most of their OL, and their defense has good players). I know they got crushed by us in the playoffs. Then again, everybody's darling (the Saints) got beat by the 7-9 Seahawks in the playoffs.

Ryan is not a world beater despite his fanboys in the Northeast and that team is facing a tough schedule in a tough division following a year that they had good injury luck. Seems a recipe for coming down to earth.

3irty1
08-12-2011, 09:44 AM
this is not a thread for comments w/o Iron Clad Predications .....make your six picks !! :)

North: Packers
South: Saints
East: Eagles
West: whocares/Cardinals

WC1: Bucs
WC2: Falcons

The Packers really have by far the best defense in the NFC don't they?

Cheesehead Craig
08-12-2011, 10:07 AM
Division
Packers
Falcons
Iggles
Rams

WC
Saints
Bucs

Upnorth
08-12-2011, 10:21 AM
1 - Packers 12-4
2 - Saints 12-4
3- Eagles 11-5
4- Sheep 8-8
5- Falcons 11-5
6- Lions 10-6

smuggler
08-12-2011, 10:55 AM
The Packers really have by far the best defense in the NFC don't they?

Depends on the amount of pressure the Eagles can generate. They have kinda crappy LBs, but their secondary is siiiick.

Lurker64
08-12-2011, 06:54 PM
Depends on the amount of pressure the Eagles can generate. They have kinda crappy LBs, but their secondary is siiiick.

It's not just about personnel, it's about scheme. Dom Capers is one of the great defensive minds of our era, whereas the Eagles DC is their old OL coach... who hasn't coordinated defense since he was a linebacker's coach at a Texas high school in 1989.

Brohm
08-12-2011, 07:24 PM
Division winners
Packers
Saints
Eagles
Cardinals

Wildcards
Bucs
Atlanta

Bretsky
08-12-2011, 07:30 PM
Couple comments

Lots of RAM love in here....I like it.....but could not pick them in hopes perhaps my reverse whammy cardinal prediction would propel them to a division title
Da Bears....terrible offseason by their GM; I think they fall off some
Saints....like the Ealges they made several nice offseason moves.
Falcons have a rough road but I still think the quality of that team makes it to the playoffs

Brando19
08-12-2011, 08:52 PM
1. Packers
2. Falcons
3. Eagles
4. Rams
5. Saints
6. Lions (Yes...that's right...I said the Lions!)

Iron Mike
08-13-2011, 08:14 AM
this is not a thread for comments w/o Iron Mike Predictions .....make your six picks !! :)

Alright......Jesus Christ, I just woke up!!!!

NFC-N GB

NFC-S Tampa Bay

NFC-E Philly

NFC-W SF

WILD CARD Atl, Dallas

PaCkFan_n_MD
08-18-2011, 08:46 PM
NFC division winners:

North: Packers
South: Saints
East: Cowboys
West: 49ers

Wild card teams:
Eagles
Bucs

AFC division winners:

North: Ravens
South: Texans
East: Patriots
West: Chargers

Wild card teams:

Steelers
Broncos

PaCkFan_n_MD
08-18-2011, 08:51 PM
No Falcons in the NFC and no Jets in the AFC. I see either the Bucs or Falcons missing the playoffs in the crowded NFC south. The Jets lost a lot of players this off season so they will take a step back. I think the Broncos will surprise a lot of people. Von Miller and Elvis Dumervil rushing from the edges will take that defense into the top half of the league.

Colts don't make it this year b/c they probably start slow with Manning not a 100%.
49ers start hot and hold on the win the division 9-7.

TennesseePackerBacker
08-18-2011, 09:01 PM
NFC Division winners:

NFC North: Packers
NFC East: Eagles
NFC South: Falcons
NFC West: Seahawks (strongest team in the west, but no QB)

Wild Cards:

Saints
Tampa Bay

Just missed:

Giants
Bears
Cardinals (Taking the NFC West that is)

hoosier
08-19-2011, 08:12 AM
NFC Division winners:

NFC North: Packers
NFC East: Eagles
NFC South: Falcons
NFC West: Seahawks (strongest team in the west, but no QB)

Wild Cards:

Saints
Tampa Bay

Just missed:

Giants
Bears
Cardinals (Taking the NFC West that is)

I don't meant this to sound like picking on you, TPB, but one of my few self-imposed rules for prognosticating is do not pick all of last year's division winners to repeat. It never happens. One or more of them always disappoint, either because of injuries or because the previous year they in fact overachieved.

EDIT: Ok, I now see you didn't pick the Bears to repeat. Well done. :-)

Upnorth
08-19-2011, 08:55 AM
It would be interesting to have a separate sub forum on here for predictions and bets and the like. That way we can gloat and hack on each other (even more).
Here are my afc picks
Pats 12-4
Steelers 11-5
Colts 10-6
Cheifs 10-6

Wc ravens 11-5, jets 10-5. I just realized how little competition is in afc. The only other teams that might come close are sd and hou. Also I picked kc over sd just so hoosier wouldn't hack on me!

TennesseePackerBacker
08-19-2011, 11:32 AM
I don't meant this to sound like picking on you, TPB, but one of my few self-imposed rules for prognosticating is do not pick all of last year's division winners to repeat. It never happens. One or more of them always disappoint, either because of injuries or because the previous year they in fact overachieved.

EDIT: Ok, I now see you didn't pick the Bears to repeat. Well done. :-)

Yes, I did have at least one new division winner ;) Seattle is really the only one I'm up in the air about. They are the most well-rounded of the four NFCW teams, they just aren't as sexy because you're looking at T-Jax or Charlie Whitehurst for QB.

On a side note, my roommate Cowboys fan seems to think I'm crazy to think the Cowboys have very little shot of making the playoffs. They'd follow Jerry Jones off a cliff.

jmbarnes101
08-19-2011, 11:58 AM
NFC
North - Green Bay Packers
South - New Orleans Saints
East - Philadelphia Eaglets
West - St. Louis Rams
Wildcards - Detroit Lions & Atlanta Falcons

AFC
North - Pittsburgh Steelers
South - Houston Texans
East - New England Patriots
West - San Diego Chargers
Wildcards - Indianapolis Colts & Baltimore Ravens

MadScientist
08-19-2011, 12:05 PM
On a side note, my roommate Cowboys fan seems to think I'm crazy to think the Cowboys have very little shot of making the playoffs. They'd follow Jerry Jones off a cliff.
They did that last year, but I won't complain if they do it again.

Division winners:
Packers
Eagles
Saints
Cardnals

WC:
Falcons
Bucs