PDA

View Full Version : Beware of Dirty Suh

Brando19
08-13-2011, 11:28 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/08/13/is-ndamukong-suh-a-dirty-player/

This guy is dirty. I watched him in their preseason game and what he did deserves more than a fine. He got fined last year for the same thing. Andy Dalton had already threw the ball and Suh still picked him up and slammed him so hard he lost his helmet. We play this bastard two times a year. I want this ass to be told he's suspended for the next dirty play.

red
08-13-2011, 11:40 AM
some of the best all time could be considered dirty

intimidation is a huge part of the game that has been taken away by newer rules. almost all the old time players would be serving year long suspensions in this day and age. nitchkie and butkis, those guys would be trying to literally rip guys heads off

hell, pay attention to hawk after a play, he's always shoving guys heads into the ground after a tackle

until suh starts diving at guys knees i'm just gonna go on thinking he's a mean old tough throwback player

Brandon494
08-13-2011, 11:59 AM
I was about to say the same thing. Some might call his play dirty but I call it old school.

Tony Oday
08-13-2011, 12:34 PM
Have the o line boys kick his ass

wootah
08-13-2011, 12:58 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lulO_Uw58Sw

Déjà vu.

Lurker64
08-13-2011, 01:27 PM
I don't honestly know whether or not Suh is a dirty player, but I like that he's developing the reputation of a dirty player. That makes him more likely to get penalized and/or suspended.

Iron Mike
08-13-2011, 02:00 PM
I like when he's referred to as "Donkey Kong" Suh...

MadScientist
08-13-2011, 02:36 PM
Late slam which is an easy penalty, but not a cheap shot. Still it is the preseason, so why push the limits? I would have less of a problem with a hit like this during the regular season (unless it was on Rodgers, in which case I would want to see a steady diet of cut blocks for the next set of downs).

Yoop
08-13-2011, 02:50 PM
the rule says ya cant use the head to tackle someone, actually when has it ever been legal to do so? the difference is it gets inforced more now, and thats a good thing, in the vid not only did he face mask Dellhome, he then tried to twist his head off in the opposite direction the body was traveling, how can that be a good thing for the sport? it's not, and the reason it's enforced, to many senseless injury's accure from play like that.

back in the days when Nitchke was collecting 35K a year and the owners where making greater profits they turned a blind eye to barbaric play, now with player wages up, and profit margines down, owners would like to get a couple more years out of there investment, and so should we, clean hard hitting football is what we should be looking for, if ya want blood and guts, watch the trading floor on wall street at closing time:lol:

Lurker64
08-13-2011, 03:42 PM
Here's the latest dirty hit Suh is in trouble for

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3qobyvv1AI

Joemailman
08-13-2011, 04:16 PM
Reportedly, just before the tackle he yelled, "My name is Suh! How do you do? Now you gonna die!"

Little Whiskey
08-13-2011, 04:30 PM
Reportedly, just before the tackle he yelled, "My name is Suh! How do you do? Now you gonna die!"

now thats funny!

RashanGary
08-13-2011, 05:05 PM
He lines up usually on the left side of the defense. That's Wells/Sitton/Bulaga. I trust those guys to at least give AR enough time to know it's coming.

Now, if he lines up over the other side, we have no clue how good our LG is going to be.

Either way, he's mean. I do worry for AR's safety. And he'll come out to kill AR too. It will be a minichallenge to destroy his body.

Harlan Huckleby
08-13-2011, 05:43 PM
Those were nasty plays, but not extremely cheap, like blindside shots after whistle

Brando19
08-13-2011, 07:21 PM
I think both those plays were dirty. Suh is someone officials need to watch close. He's a hell of a player, but he intimidates with cheap shots. Wasn't it Johnny Cash that had the song "A Boy named Sue"? lol

gbgary
08-13-2011, 07:46 PM

now thats funny!

he's gonna cash in on that.

pbmax
08-13-2011, 08:17 PM
Hitting QBs in the head and taking their helmet off is not old school. How many highlights of that have you seen of Lambert, Butkus or Nitzsche doing this?

Like I said somewhere else, Bednarik nearly killed Frank Gifford with his shoulder and upper arm. Shots to the head, especially with hands and lower arms are completely unnecessary. In fact, they used to be taught as bad form because its easy to miss the tackle that way.

Nevertheless, Dalton should have just hit the turf.

Harlan Huckleby
08-13-2011, 09:20 PM
they weren't extremely violent head shots. The boy named Suh just gave a little twist as he yanked them to the ground. I give it an 7.5 on the shithead scale, with Charles Martin being a 10.

imscott72
08-14-2011, 07:55 AM
You can be sure he'll be a marked target of our OL on every play..

Yoop
08-14-2011, 08:16 AM
they weren't extremely violent head shots. The boy named Suh just gave a little twist as he yanked them to the ground. I give it an 7.5 on the shithead scale, with Charles Martin being a 10.

Charles Martin after the play, standing there, hit list of Bears players tied to his waist, says : you mean he had already gotten rid of the ball? how late was I, lol.

MadtownPacker
08-14-2011, 09:25 AM
Yeah I dont thinking the throwing is such a big deal but that head twisting shit is crap. If he does it to ARod someone should rip fatass's helmet off and beat him with it.

Upnorth
08-14-2011, 11:57 AM
A hit is a hit, but when you twist the head it is something different. When it is deliberate there should be fines, repeat offenders should face suspension depending on the severity. There are some similarities to the haynesworth stomp when its deliberate.

esoxx
08-14-2011, 12:25 PM
A dirty Suh is still much better than a dirty Sanchez.

Deputy Nutz
08-14-2011, 08:56 PM
You are all pussies, Suh attacks with aggression and anger and won't stop until the QB is on the ground. SLAM! If this is a Packer you all have serious hard ons right now for him.

Deputy Nutz
08-14-2011, 08:58 PM
Yeah I dont thinking the throwing is such a big deal but that head twisting shit is crap. If he does it to ARod someone should rip fatass's helmet off and beat him with it.

He is better and tougher than anyone on the Packers. Nobody even tries to fuck with him after he thrashed Delohm, and a couple of fools tried to shove him after He took Dalton down, but they know it is a bad idea to fuck with Suh.

Brando19
08-14-2011, 09:34 PM
He is better and tougher than anyone on the Packers. Nobody even tries to fuck with him after he thrashed Delohm, and a couple of fools tried to shove him after He took Dalton down, but they know it is a bad idea to fuck with Suh.

Clay Matthews would beat his ass.

Deputy Nutz
08-14-2011, 10:03 PM
Clay Matthews would beat his ass.

With his "goldie locks". Mathews trains on his MMA in California so maybe. But Suh is a monster.

gbgary
08-14-2011, 10:09 PM
can't believe that went over everyone's head.

RashanGary
08-14-2011, 10:11 PM
Sitton and Raji would give Suh a run for his money in a fight. Matthews would get his ass beat down. And I think Raji is as good as Suh, for the record. Different players, but Raji is a bad ass. He's a top 2 or 3 DL in the game right now.

Oh, and I like the way Suh plays too. That's the way defense is meant to be played. I loved it when Matthews drilled Kolbs head into the turf. It was favorite play of the year. Another one I loved was when Matthews tracked McNabb down like a Lion attacking a gazelle. McNabb has run away from our defenders for so long, that just felt good.

For some reason, I really feel for our guys when they get hurt, but love it when we beat other teams down. A good ass beating on the field, I take pleasure in that. If we had Suh, he might be my favorite Packer. Raji, Matthews, Rodgers and Finley would give him a run for the money though. I'm a big Finley fan.

MadtownPacker
08-14-2011, 10:30 PM
He is great, I will admit that, but he isnt throwing around OLine players like that. I am impressed with the aggression and power finish. Im not impressed with the head twisting. Seems like a move that should only be used to protect yourself. If Raji did that I would say it was weak. But he dont and I got his jersey so fuck Suh, that fucking killer whale. I bet Matthews packs as hard a punch as Suh's fat azz does anyways. I say someone gets in his face if he does that to a Packer.

RashanGary
08-14-2011, 10:36 PM
Rodgers is pretty athletic. He was sacked a lot that one year and he did get sacked a pretty high number of times last year too. This year, I imagine his sacks will go down a little further. The thing about Rodgers though, he doesn't take many direct hits (outside of those corner blitzes that he misses from time to time.) It seems like he always gets out of the way before he takes a direct shot or gets wrapped up hard.

Seems like he usually gets knocked down, tripped up or one handed. Hopefully Suh doesn't get his hands on him.

Deputy Nutz
08-14-2011, 10:36 PM
Raji is good, enters the year as a top 5 dt in the NFL but Suh dominates on defense in a way that is very rarely seen. Suh could be on a career take that only the greats like Reggie White, Lawrence Taylor, and Decon Jones have ever experienced. Pair him with another ultra talent in Nick Fairley and Suh could dominate the NFL.

MadtownPacker
08-14-2011, 10:41 PM
Raji is good, enters the year as a top 5 dt in the NFL but Suh dominates on defense in a way that is very rarely seen. Suh could be on a career take that only the greats like Reggie White, Lawrence Taylor, and Decon Jones have ever experienced. Pair him with another ultra talent in Nick Fairley and Suh could dominate the NFL.
Maybe but Im sure he aint nothing a White woman cant ruin.

Deputy Nutz
08-14-2011, 10:45 PM
true

pbmax
08-14-2011, 11:46 PM
You are all pussies, Suh attacks with aggression and anger and won't stop until the QB is on the ground. SLAM! If this is a Packer you all have serious hard ons right now for him.

Of course, minus the literal hard on. But just because I celebrate Quarless' TD versus the Vikings doesn't make it an actual touchdown nor does it make the rules that allow it to stand worth defending.

wootah
08-15-2011, 05:31 AM
I loved it when Matthews drilled Kolbs head into the turf. It was favorite play of the year. Another one I loved was when Matthews tracked McNabb down like a Lion attacking a gazelle. McNabb has run away from our defenders for so long, that just felt good.

I agree with this part, but not with "that's the way the defense is meant to be played". I'm all for hard hitting, but you have stay within the rules of the game. It seems to me Suh purposely is breaking the rules in trying to hurt/scare QB's.

If I can't beat my opponent within the rules, I'd rather lose.

KYPack
08-15-2011, 08:24 AM

Holy shit!

Nutz, I just read your bullshit.

1. We are not all pussies. I'm as big an internet tough guy that ever hid behind his keyboard and talked shit.

2. Any reports of me getting an erection over any Packer player or Detroit DLIneman are highly exaggerated.

Kindly edit your post accordingly.

mraynrand
08-15-2011, 08:41 AM
I can't even tell whether it was Suh or the other Lion who popped that thing off. So his bear hugged slipped up a little bit? So what? Rodgers can take that hit and we can benefit from the 15 yard penalty. The thing Rodgers can't take are full speed helmet-to-helmet or helmet-to-turf hits.

Suh is a beast. Block him up.

Fritz
08-15-2011, 09:31 AM
Well, it's the age-old story: if it's our guy it's good, tough football, if it's their guy it's dirty. Thus, most everyone in Detroit is saying it was a clean, aggressive hit - but if Raji hit Stafford that way, what would they say then?

KYPack
08-15-2011, 09:37 AM
Well, it's the age-old story: if it's our guy it's good, tough football, if it's their guy it's dirty. Thus, most everyone in Detroit is saying it was a clean, aggressive hit - but if Raji hit Stafford that way, what would they say then?

How tore up is that Fairley Kid? If he is 100% that Lion DLine is a bitch.

Fritz
08-15-2011, 09:55 AM
As you can imagine, the Leos are keeping mum. Yhey keep saying it's day to day.

pbmax
08-15-2011, 10:00 AM
As you can imagine, the Leos are keeping mum. Yhey keep saying it's day to day.

It really strikes me as unfair to need to be concerned about the Lions. Someone in the division needs to be a pushover.

I read somewhere (a fan of a team that struggled with Bill Musgrave as OC I am guessing) that the Vikings offense this year will be run-run-seven step drop deep pass.

Maybe the Vikings will accept the role.

mraynrand
08-15-2011, 10:09 AM

"IR again"

Harlan Huckleby
08-15-2011, 10:23 AM
A dirty Suh is still much better than a dirty Sanchez.

I think this comment put the issue in proper perspective, and all the rest is a cat fight.

Old School
08-15-2011, 11:57 AM
If Suh wants to play mean, there are O linemen big enough to cut block him. It would be interesting to see just how agressive he'd be if he were worried about his knees on every snap.

pbmax
08-15-2011, 12:47 PM
From Peter King's MMQB, where he discloses that he avoided a deer on I-90, this breaking the code that a driver who has a chance to hit a deer, should hit it, to save the rest of us from it:

b. "Watch out for Detroit defensive end Cliff Avril. We at ProFootballFocus.com like him a lot. No one generated as much pressure on third down as he did last year. This from Urlacher. 'Yeah, he's a real player. I know when we played them last year he gave our offense as many problems as anyone.' ''

c. "I told Peter [King] before he interviewed Jim Schwartz that Ndamukong Suh had played 997 snaps (including penalties) last year, most among interior defensive linemen in the NFL, and I expressed the view this was too many. Schwartz, during his conversation with Peter, told him they would try to reduce his snaps this year. We had a view that Suh initially had trouble playing the run early in the year, but he improved as the season wore on.

"Chatting with (in our opinion) the most underrated guard in the NFL, Josh Sitton, and the player who played as many snaps against him as anyone, he backed this up. While quick to praise the phenom [Suh] and making no bones about who he thinks will be his most challenging opponent over the coming years, Sitton told us while immediately a superb pass rusher, the rookie had a few problems with the run in their first meeting but had improved hugely the second time they met.''

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/peter_king/08/15/camps/index.html#ixzz1V7YcgoOT

hoosier
08-15-2011, 01:07 PM
From Peter King's MMQB, where he discloses that he avoided a deer on I-90, this breaking the code that a driver who has a chance to hit a deer, should hit it, to save the rest of us from it:

:-) But where I live, if everyone acted on this principle it would be unending carnage. I saw 14 of those MFs out on my run this morning.

MadtownPacker
08-15-2011, 01:11 PM
If Suh wants to play mean, there are O linemen big enough to cut block him. It would be interesting to see just how agressive he'd be if he were worried about his knees on every snap.

That's fucking right!!

pbmax
08-15-2011, 03:29 PM
:-) But where I live, if everyone acted on this principle it would be unending carnage. I saw 14 of those MFs out on my run this morning.

Wow, I hope you were on a long run. I once went through Wood County late in the evening on Hwy 10 I think. It must have been Deer Week in Wood County, because there were 2-4 of them in every ditch between every driveway and road for miles. Like a four legged chain gang picking up garbage by the side of the road.

Maybe the deer sponsor that part of the road.

MadtownPacker
08-15-2011, 08:17 PM
Sounds like a job for Suh. Best part is he will eat the deer after he snaps it's fucking neck.

http://packerrats.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=48

MJZiggy
08-15-2011, 08:47 PM
Wow, I hope you were on a long run. I once went through Wood County late in the evening on Hwy 10 I think. It must have been Deer Week in Wood County, because there were 2-4 of them in every ditch between every driveway and road for miles. Like a four legged chain gang picking up garbage by the side of the road.

I think they're coming into season within the next couple weeks. I've seen dozens of them at a time when passing a rural park not too far away. As long as they stay off my front bumper and out of my front yard, we're ok.

As to Suh, if he's so damn good, let's see what he can do while leaving his hands off the opponents' heads. Is it just intimidation or does he have some sort of skill to back it up? If he's got the abilities, he can do it without trying to injure people. The rule is in place for a reason and it's a stupid one to break.

RashanGary
08-15-2011, 09:21 PM
Going at his knees is definitely fair game. I wouldn't do it until he did something nasty to us. If it's in the rules to try to rip someones head off, it's also in the rules to cut block. If he blows a knee, oh well, same as if a QB breaks a rib or destroys a shoulder.

RashanGary
08-15-2011, 09:25 PM
I didn't watch a lot of Lions games, but Suh didn't do shit to us. I'll believe his greatness when I see it. Until then, Raji is my guy.

Deputy Nutz
08-15-2011, 09:42 PM

I agree with this. If Suh is as big of a bad ass as I think he is, then he would see this as an acceptable way of pay back.

VegasPackFan
08-16-2011, 12:46 AM
If Suh were on the Pack, we would all love him. He is a bad ass player that has the intimidation factor working for him. A true throwback and I think he is great. Let's see what he does this year. Certainly not rooting for him to hurt one of our guys. But when was the lat time we had a heated rivalry with the LIONS?

packrulz
08-16-2011, 06:09 AM
How tore up is that Fairley Kid? If he is 100% that Lion DLine is a bitch.

The Lions scare me a lot more than the Viqueens or Bears.

TravisWilliams23
08-16-2011, 07:39 AM
But when was the lat time we had a heated rivalry with the LIONS?

Ahhh the fond memories of the 1962 Lions with Alex Karras, Roger Brown, Joe Schmidt and Night Train Lane on defense vs the likes of Kramer, Thurston, Ringo, Gregg and Skoronski. Throw in Jimmy Taylor to kick a little ass.

Deputy Nutz
08-16-2011, 08:34 AM
The Lions scare me a lot more than the Viqueens or Bears.

If they can keep everyone healthy which they are already behind the 8-ball on with the season long injury to Leshore, they have a good shot at contending for the NFC North, well at least more than the Vikings.

Pugger
08-16-2011, 10:53 AM

Not me. :wink:

Deputy Nutz
08-16-2011, 11:03 AM
Not me. :wink:Let me reqoute, "If this is a Packer you all have serious eraser nipples right now for him."

Harlan Huckleby
08-16-2011, 12:21 PM
Certainly not rooting for him to hurt one of our guys. But when was the lat time we had a heated rivalry with the LIONS?

I think back when Alex Karras was considered a dirty player.

mmmdk
08-16-2011, 02:18 PM
You're actually back, blue dog? I've been gone too long. Good to see ya!

(This calls for more green squares to mmmdk, please!) Never forget, Europe is your daddy sans those Indian casinos.

Deputy Nutz
08-16-2011, 02:45 PM
I think back when Alex Karras was considered a dirty player.

King of the Dirt Stach, but a hell of an actor

http://www.hotflick.net/flicks/1982_Porky_s/982POK_Alex_Karras_004.jpg

woodbuck27
08-16-2011, 04:42 PM
Here's the latest dirty hit Suh is in trouble for

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3qobyvv1AI

BEWARE of NO. 80. The ' DamUKong ' machine.

pbmax
08-16-2011, 05:23 PM
King of the Dirt Stach, but a hell of an actor

http://www.hotflick.net/flicks/1982_Porky_s/982POK_Alex_Karras_004.jpg

Mongo is just pawn in game of life.

Harlan Huckleby
08-16-2011, 06:47 PM

(This calls for more green squares to mmmdk, please!) Never forget, Europe is your daddy sans those Indian casinos.

I gave your reputation a bump, first time I have participated in this idiocy, and I think your green dimmed a bit.

Send Madtown a PM telling him how you think the new software works very well. That's what I did and I suddenly got 10 green stripes. I'm serious as a heart attack about this - it's not what you know, it's not who you know, it's who you blow.

bobblehead
08-17-2011, 04:04 PM

Some might say McMahon brought it on himself. Suh is doing it for fun to guys who didn't start the shit.

bobblehead
08-17-2011, 04:09 PM
Sitton and Raji would give Suh a run for his money in a fight. Matthews would get his ass beat down. And I think Raji is as good as Suh, for the record. Different players, but Raji is a bad ass. He's a top 2 or 3 DL in the game right now.

Oh, and I like the way Suh plays too. That's the way defense is meant to be played. I loved it when Matthews drilled Kolbs head into the turf. It was favorite play of the year. Another one I loved was when Matthews tracked McNabb down like a Lion attacking a gazelle. McNabb has run away from our defenders for so long, that just felt good.

For some reason, I really feel for our guys when they get hurt, but love it when we beat other teams down. A good ass beating on the field, I take pleasure in that. If we had Suh, he might be my favorite Packer. Raji, Matthews, Rodgers and Finley would give him a run for the money though. I'm a big Finley fan.

If he were engaged with a blocker and did that it would be a penalty for twisting the head/helmet...and that would be a guy defending himself. To grab a QB who is looking downfield and not engaging him, then to twist his neck and slam him....that is dirty no matter how you slice it or dice it. Clay TACKLED Kolb. He went to the ground with him. In amateur wrestling it is illegal to slam a guy UNLESS you go to the mat as well. There is a very good reason for the distinction.

Fritz
08-17-2011, 04:32 PM
Alex Karras. Wow. Back when I was a lad, the Lions had Joe Schmidt for a coach and they went 10-4 then lost 5 - 0 (that's not a typo) in a playoff game.

The next head coach they brought in (Don McCafferty?) died, I think in pre-season, and a few years later Chuck Hughes died, and it's been downhill ever since.

Smidgeon
08-18-2011, 10:07 AM
Suh's excuse now? He's too strong, and the refs don't know how to react to that:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/08/17/suh-says-his-strength-makes-it-hard-on-the-refs/

I'm sorry, but I'm not buying that. There are physically explosive people all over the NFL. Hard, violent (and legal) hits happen all the time. And Suh--while really good--thinks that he's so much more sudden and stronger than anyone else the refs have ever seen that it throws the refs off? C'mon.

pbmax
08-18-2011, 03:13 PM
Tony Dungy is agreeing with me. Not sure how I feel about that.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/08/18/tony-dungy-ndamukong-suh-has-to-change/

MJZiggy
08-18-2011, 06:26 PM
Suh's excuse now? He's too strong, and the refs don't know how to react to that:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/08/17/suh-says-his-strength-makes-it-hard-on-the-refs/

I'm sorry, but I'm not buying that. There are physically explosive people all over the NFL. Hard, violent (and legal) hits happen all the time. And Suh--while really good--thinks that he's so much more sudden and stronger than anyone else the refs have ever seen that it throws the refs off? C'mon.

What a load of crap. I'm officially no longer worried about Suh this season. He's just publicly said he's so good the refs don't know how to do their jobs when he was clearly in the wrong and the fine justified. If he even looks at a quarterback wrong this season, the flags will fly--and Dungy's right. If he doesn't change to the point that he plays within the rules of the game, he will only be hurting his team. He's not only defied them, but called them incompetent.

MadtownPacker
08-18-2011, 07:06 PM
Great point. Hopefully they let everyone else treat him like shit also.

MadtownPacker
08-18-2011, 07:10 PM

Fuck europe, I aint from there. Based on what you have said neither are you (AZ?) traitor.

Guiness
08-18-2011, 10:03 PM
Wow, guy's looking more like a brain surgeon every day.

I wonder what Larry Allen would have to say about that statement...

Noodle
08-19-2011, 01:09 AM
The thing is, Suh is a pretty good guy off the field, and he actually took his education pretty seriously at Nebraska, where he finished with a degree in construction engineering.

So he's not some dumb punk. And maybe he's speaking truth when he says he's just a strong MFer who can't help throwing QBs around like they were rag dolls.

Finally, I can't believe Mad hasn't received big, big ups for his Suh v. Bambi post. Classic.

MJZiggy
08-19-2011, 06:56 AM
Maybe it is true he's that strong. Maybe he can't help throwing qbs around, but strength doesn't force him to grab the qb by the helmet and twist his head in order to throw them. His not dumb punk brain should kick in and tell him he's supposed to be pursuing the ball (or at least the person with it), not the qb when he no longer has the ball. Crushing the qb is perfectly legal when he has a ball in his hand. Once he lets it go, it's got to be brains over brute or he's going to find himself sitting home on game days because he'll get himself suspended.

Old School
08-19-2011, 10:34 AM
I think Suh is trying to rationalize his walking the tightrope on rules. As I read through this post I kept remembering the tackling drill I saw CMIII doing. He came in low with knees bent and exploded up to get max force and leverage at impact when he wrapped up.

Suh uses a grab the QB by the head and twist until he relents and falls in the direction his head is going.

It seems to me one uses football technique and the other is just an alley brawler.

Deputy Nutz
08-19-2011, 11:20 AM
Suh is awesome!!! His attacks do seem more violent than what most in the NFL can accomplish. He is probably the first of the new breed.

MadtownPacker
08-19-2011, 12:21 PM
Finally, I can't believe Mad hasn't received big, big ups for his Suh v. Bambi post. Classic.
Fucking aye dontcha know!!

Youre right Suh ain't stupid he knows exactly what he is doing.

Freak Out
08-19-2011, 01:08 PM
Sounds like a job for Suh. Best part is he will eat the deer after he snaps it's fucking neck.

http://packerrats.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=48

Ha......brings up the old Bambi vs Godzilla days.

mraynrand
08-19-2011, 01:21 PM

Years ago, driving from Mpls to Stevens point at about 2 AM, I was going through that area, south of Marshfiled. I crested a hill, and in the valley below, spread out across about a half-mile of foggy highway 10, was a herd of about 2-300 deer, just relaxing on the road. I slowed to about 5 mph and carefully navigated through them. It was like that scene from 'The Birds,' except without Tippi Hedren. I was expecting an attack at any moment.

http://everybookandcranny.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/birds3.jpg

MJZiggy
08-19-2011, 05:53 PM
Fucking aye dontcha know!!

Did you move to Wisconsin?

pbmax
08-19-2011, 10:23 PM
Years ago, driving from Mpls to Stevens point at about 2 AM, I was going through that area, south of Marshfiled. I crested a hill, and in the valley below, spread out across about a half-mile of foggy highway 10, was a herd of about 2-300 deer, just relaxing on the road. I slowed to about 5 mph and carefully navigated through them. It was like that scene from 'The Birds,' except without Tippi Hedren. I was expecting an attack at any moment.

IMG]

I cannot imagine that many in one place.

woodbuck27
08-29-2011, 10:26 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/tb/baVDD

PUNCH at Mankins could result in another hit to Suh’s wallet

Posted by Mike Florio on August 28, 2011, 12:48 PM EDT

I’ve met Lions defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh. He’s polite, friendly, and soft spoken.

Once that helmet goes on, things apparently change. Dramatically.

Last night, Suh threw a punch at Patriots lineman Logan Mankins during Detroit’s preseason win over New England. Though Suh wasn’t flagged — and despite the fact that the punch didn’t connect — Suh likely will be hearing from the league office.

Again.

The incident can be seen at the 1:30 mark of the online game highlights from NFL.com.

Suh was fined $20,000 earlier this month for a hit on Bengals quarterback Andy Dalton. The 2010 Associated Press Defensive Rookie of the Year nevertheless has insisted that he’s not a dirty player.

But Suh also has said that the Lions want to be feared by quarterbacks and offensive linemen.

There’s nothing like a punch to the chops to make a guy a little leery.

GO PACK GO !

swede
08-29-2011, 11:14 PM
I cannot imagine that many in one place.

Start by imagining 12 hundred deer legs, and then add bodies and heads and antlers.

swede
08-29-2011, 11:18 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/tb/baVDD

PUNCH at Mankins could result in another hit to Suh’s wallet

Posted by Mike Florio on August 28, 2011, 12:48 PM EDT

I’ve met Lions defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh. He’s polite, friendly, and soft spoken.

Once that helmet goes on, things apparently change. Dramatically.

Last night, Suh threw a punch at Patriots lineman Logan Mankins during Detroit’s preseason win over New England. Though Suh wasn’t flagged — and despite the fact that the punch didn’t connect — Suh likely will be hearing from the league office.

Again.

The incident can be seen at the 1:30 mark of the online game highlights from NFL.com.

Suh was fined $20,000 earlier this month for a hit on Bengals quarterback Andy Dalton. The 2010 Associated Press Defensive Rookie of the Year nevertheless has insisted that he’s not a dirty player.

But Suh also has said that the Lions want to be feared by quarterbacks and offensive linemen.

There’s nothing like a punch to the chops to make a guy a little leery.

GO PACK GO !

i'll bet people outside of Wisconsin didn't like Ray Nitschke much either.

HarveyWallbangers
08-29-2011, 11:53 PM

The Birds. Nice! I had this happen south of Bismarck, North Dakota several years ago. Well, probably 15-20 years ago now. I'm aging myself. :) I was driving in what the locals call the river bottoms south of town. It's a heavily wooded area along the Missouri River. It was a rainy and foggy day. Got into a clearing, and there were several hundred deer congregated in a field. And no, it wasn't a deer farm. :) The deer were on the road and on both sides of the road in an area that wasn't fenced in. I couldn't believe it. I've never seen anything like it.

MadtownPacker
08-30-2011, 12:28 AM
The Birds. Nice! I had this happen south of Bismarck, North Dakota several years ago. Well, probably 15-20 years ago now. I'm aging myself. :) I was driving in what the locals call the river bottoms south of town. It's a heavily wooded area along the Missouri River. It was a rainy and foggy day. Got into a clearing, and there were several hundred deer congregated in a field. And no, it wasn't a deer farm. :) The deer were on the road and on both sides of the road in an area that wasn't fenced in. I couldn't believe it. I've never seen anything like it.
You where probably wishing it was a field full of possums.

Guiness
08-30-2011, 05:25 PM
Wouldn't be surprised to see Suh suspended for a game after the punch to Mankins.

mraynrand
08-30-2011, 05:40 PM
Wouldn't be surprised to see Suh suspended for a game after the punch to Mankins.

I'd be surprised. Mankins was facemasking a teammate at the time, Suh was justified in doing something. He deserved a penalty - not sure he deserved the 20K fine.

Guiness
08-30-2011, 05:53 PM
I'd be surprised. Mankins was facemasking a teammate at the time, Suh was justified in doing something. He deserved a penalty - not sure he deserved the 20K fine.

No fine yet. The $20K was for the hit on Dalton.

The punch wasn't caught by the officials, or I'm pretty sure he would have been ejected. Mankins did get a penalty on the play.
The punch will be reviewed by the league and given that this will be his fourth (?) time they're having a look at him, I would think they'll invoke the James Harrison rule and be more heavy handed.

No one would give him a hard time about standing up for a teammate, but if a punch was thrown every time a facemask was grabbed, we might as well just watch hockey!

Zool
08-31-2011, 09:19 AM
Surprised this hasnt been posted yet

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c49klxPex-k

Old School
08-31-2011, 09:29 AM
Thanks for the blast from the past Zool. I used to fool around with rewriting song lyrics like my parody of the Bears fight song. Maybe I'll take a crack at "Keep Away From Knucklehead Suh". If I do I'll share.

Pugger
08-31-2011, 11:41 AM
If Sue keeps acting like a thug somebody will "accidently" take his knee out in a play sometime this season...

Brando19
10-23-2011, 07:12 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/10/23/falcons-say-ndamukong-suh-taunted-an-injured-matt-ryan/

This guy worries me. He would love nothing more than to hurt a QB real bad.

gbgary
10-23-2011, 07:17 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/10/23/falcons-say-ndamukong-suh-taunted-an-injured-matt-ryan/

This guy worries me. He would love nothing more than to hurt a QB real bad.

he had a nasty facemask penalty on ryan. twisted his head around pretty good. i'll bet he gets his someday.

MJZiggy
10-23-2011, 07:27 PM
he had a nasty facemask penalty on ryan. twisted his head around pretty good. i'll bet he gets his someday.

Karma can be a real bitch. That said, if someone was messing with an injured player on the field, that should be cause for a nice suspension. That's just ridiculous.

mmmdk
10-23-2011, 07:33 PM
And it rubs on to the Lion defense; I've called the Kittens dirty for some time now.

Guiness
10-23-2011, 08:29 PM
Avril kicked Ryan foot while he was down and Suh called for the cart???

That's trash.

sharpe1027
10-24-2011, 05:48 PM

To get totally off track, if it was "about 2" deer, does that mean it might have been a herd of one?

woodbuck27
10-24-2011, 10:55 PM

Sorry gbgary. I started a thread on this last thing RE: Suh and his sot on Atlanta QB Matt Ryan this past Sunday. I didn't see that this thread was back up.

GO PACK GO !

Pugger
10-25-2011, 01:06 AM
Someone had videos of Ryan lying on the turf on another forum after he hurt his ankle and no Lion player touched Ryan at all.

gbgary
10-25-2011, 10:18 AM
Sorry gbgary. I started a thread on this last thing RE: Suh and his sot on Atlanta QB Matt Ryan this past Sunday. I didn't see that this thread was back up.

GO PACK GO !

i didn't bump it...brando19 did.

Old School
10-25-2011, 10:37 AM
With more reports of extracurricular antics eminating around of Mr Suh this past weekend, I decided to work on an earlier threat to parody Runaround Sue. For those of you too young to remember the Dion classic, there is a you tube replay posted earlier in this thread.

I make no claims to being a great lyricist. It's just something I have had fun with since my preteen years. I tried to keep the original rhyming as a reference. Hope somebody finds a chuckle. For Better or worse, here we go.

A Thug Named Suh

Here’s a story, sad but true
About a thug from Detroit by the name of Suh.
He only lives to slam and pound,
Every QB that comes to town.

(Supply your own wo’s and hey’s)

We should have known from the very start.
Suh will leave you with broken parts.
Ask any QB that he ever threw,
Keep away from the thug named Suh.

Oh you can tell from the scowl on his face.
Fines don’t matter he’s a total hard case.
After the whistle there’s a push or two,

Suh likes to smash people down, yeah,
Grab their facemasks and twist them around.
People let me put you wise,
Suh likes … hurtin’ other guys.

Here’s the moral of the story
Andy Dalton knows,
If he gets a hold of you,
Off your helmet goes.
So if intense pain is not what you do,

Hey, hey wo, wo, etc.

gbgary
10-25-2011, 10:40 AM
lol. veeeery good!

PoohToes
10-25-2011, 03:22 PM
Just when I was thinking the Lions might be a nice story... fuck those guys, I hope they don't win another game. People don't just make that kind of crap up.

Glad we could help the Packers even more by giving the Lions a loss on their own field. Fuck those Pussies. 'Scuse my French.

Smidgeon
10-25-2011, 05:52 PM
Just when I was thinking the Lions might be a nice story... fuck those guys, I hope they don't win another game. People don't just make that kind of crap up.

Glad we could help the Packers even more by giving the Lions a loss on their own field. Fuck those Pussies. 'Scuse my French.

While I don't necessarily disagree with the sentiment (I'm actually rather neutral), keep in mind who made the accusation: the team that just ticked the Packers D-Line off about how dirty they were playing. It seems hypocritical to me for the Falcons to complain. Again, that isn't indicative about what the Lions said or did. Just that the reputation of the accusers was already shaky.

woodbuck27
10-25-2011, 05:55 PM
i didn't bump it...brando19 did.

All righty then. Excuse me Brando19.

Harlan Huckleby
10-25-2011, 06:20 PM
I hate Suh so much that I wish he was on Packers

vince
10-25-2011, 06:22 PM
Me too.

woodbuck27
10-25-2011, 06:33 PM
To get totally off track, if it was "about 2" deer, does that mean it might have been a herd of one?

We're you drinkin' or fibbin?

'M' ...Well Dear I know I'm late but see .... I saw some deer on the way back here and they slowed me down quite a bit.

Wife: Ohh WOW ! How many honey?

'M' ... Well not really sure sweetie. It was at least two but I had to pick my way along the road and damn. It might have been (Maybe?) 300 of them suckers. That's why I was so late.

GO PACK GO !

Brando19
10-25-2011, 06:36 PM
All righty then. Excuse me Brando19.

You're excused. ;)

woodbuck27
10-25-2011, 06:40 PM
Atlanta Falcons - (Matt) Ryan could have practiced this week, (he)talks about Suh

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/10/25/ryan-could-have-practiced-this-week-talks-about-suh/

Florio also asked Ryan about Ndamukong Suh ..... Ryan said he didn’t hear anyone taunt him when Ryan was on the ground. Florio asked Ryan if Suh is a dirty player.

“He’s a good player. I know that,” Ryan said.

GO PACKERS !

woodbuck27
10-25-2011, 06:43 PM
You're excused. ;)

Merci beaucoup. (-:

woodbuck27
10-25-2011, 07:01 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/10/23/suh-gets-away-with-a-post-play-shove/

Suh gets away with a post-play shove

Posted by Mike Florio on October 23, 2011, 1:53 PM EDT

They say that teams take on the personality of their coaches. In Detroit, where coach Jim Schwartz engaged in a little post-game shove last week, defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh unleashed a big post-play shove on Sunday against the Falcons.

Joe Hawley felt the brunt of it, hitting the deck abruptly after Suh’s gave him a two-armed push.

Amazingly, referee Bill Leavy didn’t throw a flag, even though he was right there when it happened.

Maybe the NFL will issue a memo about acceptable post-play behavior this week, and next week it would be a penalty.

PACKERS!

PoohToes
10-26-2011, 01:19 AM
Regarding Hawley.... I saw that and he deserved it. He ran right into Suh trying to bump him and Suh just leveled him as soon as contact was made. It doesn't bother me at all that we didn't get a flag for it... I mean if we did then cool, but we didn't and Hawley deserved it.

Regarding Matt Ryan.... he won't say anything of the sort, he's only going to compliment other teams. He is 100% goody-two-shoes-franchise-QB-guy. He will never be the guy that says something controversial or provide any sort of bulletin board material. Roddy White, on the other hand, 100% of the time says what's on his mind and tells it like it is no matter who he rubs the wrong way... this guy wore a black undershirt with the words "FREE MIKE VICK" in white on MNF only a month or so after Vick went to jail and showed it to the camera after scoring a TD. Just to show love for his friend when everyone else hated him, nothing at all about the dog fighting bs.

Regarding the "reputation of the accusers" I really don't buy that. Saying this stuff after a loss comes off as sour grapes... saying it after a win where "dirty play" was a lot more obvious is not sour grapes. Plus it's not as if the Falcons are the first team to say the Lions d-line plays dirty. Nick Fairley is a walking cheap shot... if you don't know about his bullshit go look up some of his Auburn highlights. Dude was WELL KNOWN for slamming QBs late, sometimes well after the play was done... and even to LaMichael James after he was already tackled to the ground, stuck his hand in his face mask and tried to rake his eyes. Fairley is a punk ass bitch football player and I won't feel bad for one minute when he gets what's coming to him. I think you're mistaken about the Falcons calling the Packers dirty, though... that accusation was flung around by both teams about each other... which saddens me because I like the Packers a lot and if these teams start hating each other and build a rivalry now, I fear I won't be welcomed around you fine folks. :(

hoosier
10-26-2011, 08:28 AM
Regarding Hawley.... I saw that and he deserved it. He ran right into Suh trying to bump him and Suh just leveled him as soon as contact was made. It doesn't bother me at all that we didn't get a flag for it... I mean if we did then cool, but we didn't and Hawley deserved it.

Regarding Matt Ryan.... he won't say anything of the sort, he's only going to compliment other teams. He is 100% goody-two-shoes-franchise-QB-guy. He will never be the guy that says something controversial or provide any sort of bulletin board material. Roddy White, on the other hand, 100% of the time says what's on his mind and tells it like it is no matter who he rubs the wrong way... this guy wore a black undershirt with the words "FREE MIKE VICK" in white on MNF only a month or so after Vick went to jail and showed it to the camera after scoring a TD. Just to show love for his friend when everyone else hated him, nothing at all about the dog fighting bs.

Regarding the "reputation of the accusers" I really don't buy that. Saying this stuff after a loss comes off as sour grapes... saying it after a win where "dirty play" was a lot more obvious is not sour grapes. Plus it's not as if the Falcons are the first team to say the Lions d-line plays dirty. Nick Fairley is a walking cheap shot... if you don't know about his bullshit go look up some of his Auburn highlights. Dude was WELL KNOWN for slamming QBs late, sometimes well after the play was done... and even to LaMichael James after he was already tackled to the ground, stuck his hand in his face mask and tried to rake his eyes. Fairley is a punk ass bitch football player and I won't feel bad for one minute when he gets what's coming to him. I think you're mistaken about the Falcons calling the Packers dirty, though... that accusation was flung around by both teams about each other... which saddens me because I like the Packers a lot and if these teams start hating each other and build a rivalry now, I fear I won't be welcomed around you fine folks. :(

What did Raji say again when someone mentioned the possibility of a Packers Falcons rivalry? :-)

woodbuck27
10-26-2011, 01:32 PM

Hey Falcons fan. Thanks for the input and 'good stuff'. Duely noted.

Your welcome at PackerRats NFL fan, anytime.

PACKERS FOREVER !

Old School
10-27-2011, 12:17 PM
Roger gave him a pass this week on his facemask penalty and push after the whistle.

Freak Out
11-24-2011, 04:52 PM
Did you hear that clowns explanation after the game? LOL.....what an idiot. I like the guys fire but when the whistle blows you better act like a man.

mmmdk
11-24-2011, 04:56 PM
And it rubs on to the Lion defense; I've called the Kittens dirty for some time now.

I don't wish the Lions success with their dirty mess of a "team".

George Cumby
11-24-2011, 05:26 PM
How 'bout Dirty Kitty Litter.

Nothing more foul in the world than a full cat-box.

esoxx
11-24-2011, 11:27 PM
Did you hear that clowns explanation after the game? LOL.....what an idiot. I like the guys fire but when the whistle blows you better act like a man.

No kidding. To me, his pretend act that he did nothing intentional or wrong was worse than his on field shennigans.
That is so weak and lame. It's actually pretty embarrassing. He must think everyone is stupid.

billy_oliver880
11-24-2011, 11:30 PM
I read a few lions forums for the hell of it and it amazes me how many lion fans are making excuses for this chump. If Raji did this to one of their players they would be calling for his head. You can play with intensity but there is a line that this guy seems to cross pretty regularly.

channtheman
11-24-2011, 11:34 PM
I read a few lions forums for the hell of it and it amazes me how many lion fans are making excuses for this chump. If Raji did this to one of their players they would be calling for his head. You can play with intensity but there is a line that this guy seems to cross pretty regularly.

I decided to go check some out and found this. First 2 posts are ridiculous and that's all I've read so far. Gonna read some more and see if any Lions fans can see through their Suh-shit covered goggles.

http://www.detroitlionsforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5546

smuggler
11-25-2011, 12:04 AM
Well, Suh definitely should have watched the footage before he commented. He looked like an ass in his conference. Really, it's not excusable, and he'll be punished, but the post-game conference explanation is what makes me think he might have something wrong with him.

wpony
11-25-2011, 07:36 AM
I have never seen as many crying whining baby's as I did when I went to check out the lions forum so many of them even blamed our lineman for starting it with him, I have relatives that live in Michigan but after going to that forum and reading it the only reason we won was its a conspiracies that the NFL wants the packers to go 16-0 and it was not Suhs fault they can all go sit face first in a dirty kitty box.

Pugger
11-25-2011, 08:04 AM
i'll bet people outside of Wisconsin didn't like Ray Nitschke much either.

I don't remember Ray ever kicking guys after the whistle. Back then players were a lot more violent but I don't recall stuff like this after the play.

Pugger
11-25-2011, 08:08 AM

Me too.

Not me.

George Cumby
11-25-2011, 10:30 AM
Not me.

Me either.

jdrats
11-25-2011, 01:51 PM
No kidding. To me, his pretend act that he did nothing intentional or wrong was worse than his on field shennigans.
That is so weak and lame. It's actually pretty embarrassing. He must think everyone is stupid.

Why does he deny it in the post game? Because at least half the dumb-ass sportscasters out there have had his back in prior incidents and his weak excuses. My favorite was that "it just looks worse with me because I'm so much bigger and stronger." And sportscasters repeated it like it made sense somehow. Guess the rest of the NFL d-lineman are just weak little guys.

Fritz
11-26-2011, 09:16 AM
I decided to go check some out and found this. First 2 posts are ridiculous and that's all I've read so far. Gonna read some more and see if any Lions fans can see through their Suh-shit covered goggles.

http://www.detroitlionsforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5546

It gets worse. Way worse. Ranges from "they're pussifying the game when they [who are "they"?] don't let the players play" to "the refs want the Packers to win and thus manipulated the game" to "the Packer lineman deserved it; he was mugging Suh!" Oh, and it's the media's fault. That one is super popular.

Ugh.

channtheman
11-26-2011, 04:18 PM
It gets worse. Way worse. Ranges from "they're pussifying the game when they [who are "they"?] don't let the players play" to "the refs want the Packers to win and thus manipulated the game" to "the Packer lineman deserved it; he was mugging Suh!" Oh, and it's the media's fault. That one is super popular.

Ugh.

I will never complain about conspiracies of the refs against the Packers again. I kinda scrolled through their game day thread and holy shit you are right they look like total fucking pussies and halfway retarded as well.

Brando19
11-26-2011, 08:04 PM
I wish Suh would try to stomp someone that wouldn't give a damn about a fine or suspension and would whoop his big black ass.