PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else having editing issues with this site?

Jimx29
08-15-2011, 07:11 PM
??

I've gone to a couple of my posts, and the edit button doesn't show anywhere. Anyone else have this problem?

Edit Added....Of course this posts allows editing. Admin....Is there an expiration time for editing?

pbmax
08-15-2011, 07:20 PM
I will try.

EDIT: Nope, still there for me.

MadtownPacker
08-15-2011, 07:31 PM
I will see what it is set to but it sounds like peeps better not say some stupid shit they regret when they are sober.

pbmax
08-15-2011, 07:33 PM
Yes there is a time limit. When it got turned on, it defaulted to 5 minutes or something like that. Its now 20 minutes or something, but I remember Joe saying he left a limit on.

MJZiggy
08-15-2011, 08:01 PM
I will see what it is set to but it sounds like peeps better not say some stupid shit they regret when they are sober.

Ahhhh brings back memories. Hahahahaha!

MadtownPacker
08-15-2011, 08:20 PM
Yes there is a time limit. When it got turned on, it defaulted to 5 minutes or something like that. Its now 20 minutes or something, but I remember Joe saying he left a limit on.
Sounds like more than enough time to feel sorry. After that it sounds like people need to stand by what they post.

red
08-15-2011, 08:35 PM
i always thought it had to do with someone posting after you did so you couldn't go back and make yourself look smarter

it might be nice to be able to edit the first post in a thread for ever. like in the FF signup thread. it might have been nice to just keep adding the names to the first post

Harlan Huckleby
08-15-2011, 10:32 PM
Mad wants to make it hard to edit typos so everybody talks in broken english like him

Harlan Huckleby
08-15-2011, 10:36 PM
I will try.

EDIT: Nope, still there for me. ya, you can edit if you do it quickly. but then it puts up a message indicating you are dumb fuck who had to edit your post, probably because you changed your mind like a panty waist

The old system was better, it didn't put up a message if you edited before the next response. In fact, EVERYTHING was better with EVERY old system.

SkinBasket
08-16-2011, 06:33 AM
It's stupid to disallow people from editing posts, especially given Mad and "admin's" propensity for editing posts themselves whenever and where ever they like. We have the "last edited' notice and better run sites have the option to see the edited text.

MadtownPacker
08-16-2011, 10:58 AM
It's stupid to disallow people from editing posts, especially given Mad and "admin's" propensity for editing posts themselves whenever and where ever they like. We have the "last edited' notice and better run sites have the option to see the edited text.
So much for that agreement. Didn't take you long did it?

pbmax
08-16-2011, 11:04 AM

Its been a while since I have seen admins editing posts, at least on the Packers forum. Is this still happening?

I think a time limit makes sense, since after a certain point altering your post changes the logic of the discussion.

However, if both an edited/time stamp and the ability to toggle back to original text were available, then I think both purposes would be served.

MadtownPacker
08-16-2011, 11:51 AM
Its been a while since I have seen admins editing posts, at least on the Packers forum. Is this still happening?

I think a time limit makes sense, since after a certain point altering your post changes the logic of the discussion.

However, if both an edited/time stamp and the ability to toggle back to original text were available, then I think both purposes would be served.I messed with one of his post where he was talking shit. Nothing else has been fucked with. I will move a thread to the GC or RR if needed.

I think having a limit makes sense but I would be cool with always allowing edits if it show the original text. I will mess with the settings.

Thanks for making it easy to discuss PB.

mraynrand
08-16-2011, 12:06 PM
I messed with one of his post where he was talking shit. Nothing else has been fucked with. I will move a thread to the GC or RR if needed.

I think having a limit makes sense but I would be cool with always allowing edits if it show the original text. I will mess with the settings.

Thanks for making it easy to discuss PB.

Allright, who gave the Xanax to Madtown?

Harlan Huckleby
08-16-2011, 12:08 PM
please get rid of the "last edited by ...." notification when a post is edited soon after creating it.

mraynrand
08-16-2011, 12:10 PM
please get rid of the "last edited by ...." notification when a post is edited soon after creating it.

+1. I hate being the fist one to notice typos.

MadtownPacker
08-16-2011, 03:52 PM

Whats a matter? Don't want anyone knowing when you fuck up?

SkinBasket
08-16-2011, 05:17 PM
So much for that agreement. Didn't take you long did it?

I didn't agree not to call stupid things stupid. Jesus, grow some skin on that back of yours.

Harlan Huckleby
08-16-2011, 06:36 PM
Whats a matter? Don't want anyone knowing when you fuck up?

yes, exactly. I want to be able to reread posts and make quick changes - missing words, typos, etc. which I make frequently.

Harlan Huckleby
08-16-2011, 06:39 PM
I didn't agree not to call stupid things stupid. Jesus, grow some skin on that back of yours.

hmmm, "on that back". on that moist, glistening back?

the ugly code words of racism, disturbing

MadtownPacker
08-16-2011, 07:10 PM
hmmm, "on that back". on that moist, glistening back?

the ugly code words of racism, disturbing
Or he could be implying that the skin was whipped off for being a disobedient dog. Did it even cross your swazi luvin mind that he was just trying to say I was acting like a little bitch?

MadtownPacker
08-16-2011, 07:15 PM
Now back to the subject.

You gonna tell me that aint a lil bitch ass comment? How about you at least tell me how it should be set, like we agreed. Im sure Im not too stu-stu-stupid to make the changes.

MadtownPacker
08-16-2011, 07:32 PM
MixmasterSkinB

Ok I havent found it yet but I fixed that rep shit about spreading your love. You now have to rep 3 others before you can hit another person. It can be negative or positive. It was set to like 20.

Harlan Huckleby
08-16-2011, 07:37 PM
Did it even cross your swazi luvin mind

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
The term Swazi may refer to:

Swazi (cannabis) A strain of cannabis grown and exported from Swaziland.
Swazi people, a people of southeastern Africa
Swazi language
Swaziland, or a citizen thereof
Swazi (brand), an outdoor clothing brand made in New Zealand
A slang term for Swastika.

SkinBasket
08-16-2011, 08:05 PM
Now back to the subject.

You gonna tell me that aint a lil bitch ass comment? How about you at least tell me how it should be set, like we agreed. Im sure Im not too stu-stu-stupid to make the changes.

It's not a "lil bitch ass comment." It's simply a statement of fact. You, and retail as joe, have a history of simply editing posts you don't like. Sure, you rarely change content. Rarely. Most of the time it's just been deletion. You really did do quite the number on the turkey thread though. Took out all the funny parts out and tossed em with the fetus. Could have used those parts for research for Marty McFly. Anyway, it's nothing to be ashamed about, it's really just the crux of the disagreement between the two of us. If you want me to be more civil about my criticism, you'll have to be a little more honest about your sordid past as well, because I felt I was quite tame. It's not like I called you any names or anything.

MadtownPacker
08-16-2011, 08:08 PM
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
The term Swazi may refer to:

Swazi (cannabis) A strain of cannabis grown and exported from Swaziland.
Swazi people, a people of southeastern Africa
Swazi language
Swaziland, or a citizen thereof
Swazi (brand), an outdoor clothing brand made in New Zealand
A slang term for Swastika.
Im gonna go with "brand" for $800 Alex.

MadtownPacker
08-16-2011, 08:16 PM
It's not a "lil bitch ass comment." It's simply a statement of fact. You, and retail as joe, have a history of simply editing posts you don't like. Sure, you rarely change content. Rarely. Most of the time it's just been deletion. You really did do quite the number on the turkey thread though. Took out all the funny parts out and tossed em with the fetus. Could have used those parts for research for Marty McFly. Anyway, it's nothing to be ashamed about, it's really just the crux of the disagreement between the two of us. If you want me to be more civil about my criticism, you'll have to be a little more honest about your sordid past as well, because I felt I was quite tame. It's not like I called you any names or anything.
Yeah RG was heavy handed when it came to editing but I never have been so kiss my ass. I guess either way someone tried to run the place you will complain. I always move threads and even that you would cry about so I guess I still lose. As for the turkey thread I told you I was gonna edit it before bringing it back. Spent my fucking time to try to meet you halfways. No surprise you cried about that too.

I aint hiding shit and the only time I feel shame on this forum is when I talk to Harlan.

SkinBasket
08-16-2011, 08:49 PM
for fuck's sake man. Stop taking everything so personally. My cock's getting all hard.