PDA

View Full Version : Mike Neal Sprains Left Knee in Practice

Deputy Nutz
08-16-2011, 02:17 PM
Neal sprains left knee, probably out 2-6 weeks. Has not had MRI yet. Walked off field into DH Center.

This hurts the Packers who are already thin at defensive end.

mmmdk
08-16-2011, 02:21 PM
Damn it! Is Neal the next J. Harrell? (Injury wise)

wist43
08-16-2011, 02:24 PM
What are the odds TT makes a move to shore up the position???

Deputy Nutz
08-16-2011, 02:38 PM
What are the odds TT makes a move to shore up the position???

If he has to spend money? zero chance.

cheesner
08-16-2011, 02:39 PM
What are the odds TT makes a move to shore up the position???What are the odds that somebody will bitch no matter what TT does?

cheesner
08-16-2011, 02:41 PM
On second thought, your right. After all when we lost 15 people to IR last season, we ended the year with only 38 players on the roster. If TT would have only made a move we could have had a good season.

Deputy Nutz
08-16-2011, 02:47 PM
Testy

Deputy Nutz
08-16-2011, 02:52 PM
Thompson signed all street free agents last year and he was successful, you wanna gamble again? Personally I could care less. Or the better question is, should Thompson have brought in more depth at the position instead of counting on Neal, Wynn, and Wilson?

Little Whiskey
08-16-2011, 02:52 PM
Your avatar fits those last two post Cheesner! HA.

but i agree with you.

mmmdk
08-16-2011, 02:53 PM
On second thought, your right. After all when we lost 15 people to IR last season, we ended the year with only 38 players on the roster. If TT would have only made a move we could have had a good season.

...and there you have it; the blueprints for championships are injuries and street free agents. TT is cool though; love the guy and he'll strike a deal if one is there (that's worth taking).

Deputy Nutz
08-16-2011, 02:54 PM
Your avatar fits those last two post Cheesner! HA.

but i agree with you.

So what how does my avatar fit me? Am I the horse? Or the She-male?

cheesner
08-16-2011, 02:58 PM
So what how does my avatar fit me? Am I the horse? Or the She-male?Beating a dead horse till it fucked you?

Deputy Nutz
08-16-2011, 03:03 PM
Beating a dead horse till it fucked you?

I dunno, it looks like the horse is getting fucked, simply by position, and facial expression

HarveyWallbangers
08-16-2011, 03:07 PM
I'll have to trust Thompson on this one. If he likes what he sees in camp, then he'll go with what he has. If not, he's shown that he'll look elsewhere to upgrade (e.g. Howard Green). Neal is said to be out 2-6 weeks. I'll have to wait to see what the actual prognosis is. Best case scenario, he won't miss any regular season games. Worst case scenario, he misses 3 regular season games. I doubt he'll be spending a lot of money on a replacement though. He's saving that $11M or whatever in cap space to extend Finley, Sitton, Nelson, Matthews, Raji, etc. And I agree with his philosophy in that regard.

mmmdk
08-16-2011, 03:11 PM
I'll have to trust Thompson on this one. If he likes what he sees in camp, then he'll go with what he has. If not, he's shown that he'll look elsewhere to upgrade (e.g. Howard Green). Neal is said to be out 2-6 weeks. I'll have to wait to see what the actual prognosis is. Best case scenario, he won't miss any regular season games. Worst case scenario, he misses 3 regular season games. I doubt he'll be spending a lot of money on a replacement though. He's saving that $11M or whatever in cap space to extend Finley, Sitton, Nelson, Matthews, Raji, etc. And I agree with his philosophy in that regard.

What this guy wrote! :tup:

smuggler
08-16-2011, 03:20 PM
Welp. Neal is out for 6-10 weeks. He will probably get sent to IR. The SKY IS FALLING!!! That seriously sucks, though. Neal was one of the guys I was most excited about watching this season.

mmmdk
08-16-2011, 03:24 PM
Welp. Neal is out for 6-10 weeks. He will probably get sent to IR. The SKY IS FALLING!!! That seriously sucks, though. Neal was one of the guys I was most excited about watching this season.

This is a real downer yet back on the horse...not the Deputy Nutz horse...but I gather you catch my drift.

Old School
08-16-2011, 03:31 PM
I guess it's hard for me to understand how a guy built like a brick sh**house gets hurt without being touched by anyone. Reminds me of a Cub catcher years ago named Dick Bartell who they called tissue paper.

My doctor once told me these guys train to where their muscles contract with such force they literally tear THEMSELVES apart. I don't know if that's true, but when you wait a whole year for a player with Neal's promise and he gets injured twice in camp ......... OY GEVALT!!!

Teamcheez1
08-16-2011, 03:32 PM

Are you suggesting that if Neal is out 6-10 weeks he will be sent to IR, or was this confirmed somewhere? I haven't seen anything yet which gives us a real indication of the severity of the injury.

red
08-16-2011, 03:37 PM
well that just blows

now signing jenkins looks bad, although he probably would have been hurt by now too

pittstang5
08-16-2011, 03:37 PM
Are you suggesting that if Neal is out 6-10 weeks he will be sent to IR, or was this confirmed somewhere? I haven't seen anything yet which gives us a real indication of the severity of the injury.

I haven't seen anything either. McCarthy said they don't know anything and will wait for the MRI...which hasn't been done yet.

Anyway, this sucks.

Lurker64
08-16-2011, 03:40 PM
The only range of time I've heard for Neal's injury is "between 2 weeks and the entire season". I'm not sure where people are getting 6-10.

3irty1
08-16-2011, 03:42 PM
I bet the line gets some FA help but not until teams make their cuts.

mmmdk
08-16-2011, 03:54 PM
I haven't seen anything either. McCarthy said they don't know anything and will wait for the MRI...which hasn't been done yet.

Anyway, this sucks.

smuggler info...

Joemailman
08-16-2011, 03:58 PM
Justin Harrell is available. Git er done, TT!

mmmdk
08-16-2011, 04:02 PM
Justin Harrell is available. Git er done, TT!

:lol:

vince
08-16-2011, 04:18 PM
Not sure what it means, but here is a tweet from a few minutes ago by Neal.

Thanks!! Im A OK! RT @DarynColledge71: @mneal96 heard you got hurt today friend. Hope everything is ok. #realdealneal

red
08-16-2011, 04:31 PM
thanks good news vince. i haven't seen any mention of the injury on rotoworld, so lets hope its not all that bad

red
08-16-2011, 04:33 PM
from the practice silverstein said that it looked like the injury scared neal and the team, but also said he was up and walking around on his own

Scott Campbell
08-16-2011, 04:34 PM
The one god damned area where our depth is suspect - CRAP!

Joemailman
08-16-2011, 04:37 PM

Actually I'd be more worried if they lost Hawk or Bishop. That's where they don't have depth.

HarveyWallbangers
08-16-2011, 04:41 PM
I feel good about the depth at QB, RB, OL, TE, WR, DT, OLB (even though I'd like a better starter opposite Matthews), and S. We have good CBs, but you can never have enough. DE and ILB were have little depth, but I wouldn't be surprised if Thompson trades some of his depth at other positions to fortify those two positions. I think we just need to let this play out. Perhaps Thompson can make a Ryan Grant type move at DT or ILB.

Joemailman
08-16-2011, 04:44 PM
Could be a chance for Guy to show something. Is Guy a player, or just a guy?

Lurker64
08-16-2011, 04:58 PM
Later returns are promising: http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/127901398.html

red
08-16-2011, 05:02 PM
i think neal should be required to wear knee braces

with that said, why aren't all linemen required to wear knee braces? especially o-linemen

cheesner
08-16-2011, 05:06 PM
Not sure what it means, but here is a tweet from a few minutes ago by Neal.

Thanks!! Im A OK! RT @DarynColledge71: @mneal96 heard you got hurt today friend. Hope everything is ok. #realdealneal

That's what mcneil says. But can we wait for verification from Joe Antigo?

wist43
08-16-2011, 05:10 PM

Suspect??? You mean nonexistent, right???

They were in trouble on the DL before Neal got hurt... Capers is definitely going to have to be Mr. Smoke and Mirrors again; and Raji is going to have to be All-World again.

vince
08-16-2011, 05:13 PM
http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/127901398.html?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

DE Mike Neal: "I'll be out there again soon
By Tyler Dunne of the Journal Sentinel

Updated: Aug. 16, 2011 4:54 p.m. |(10) Comments

Maybe today's code-red injury was just one big scare after all. There's no need to worry, Mike Neal says. His knee is "perfectly fine."

At practice Tuesday, the defensive end appeared to suffer a potentially serious knee injury. During an individual drill, his left knee buckled and Neal was in pain. He left practice with trainers under his own power. Neal says he'll get a MRI sometime on Wednesday, but that the outcome could be a formality.

After going through tests with trainers today after practice, Neal believes he sustained no injury whatsoever.

“It’s nothing," Neal said. "I just fell down. Nothing’s torn at all. I just have a little inflammation. Everybody’s tripping out for no reason. I’m not on crutches or anything. I’m walking perfectly fine.

“I can’t even explain how it happened. My leg got caught and I landed kind of awkward. I tried to get up and they told me to stay down. There’s just fluid in my knee now.”

Neal wasn't ready to declare himself ready to practice right away quite yet. He says trainers will most likely bring him back slowly as they did at the start of training camp with his shoulder. Once Neal got the OK to return, coaches inserted him into the No. 1 defense. Through camp, Neal has been impressive. His blend of strength and quickness is rare for the position. At Cleveland, he made one athletic stop on running back Peyton Hillis.

The Packers hope he's the guy that can replace Cullen Jenkins. For now anyways, Neal assures there is no need to panic. In tests with trainers, Neal had his full range of motion. They did not detect any tears, he said.

“I’m perfectly fine," Neal said. "It looked a lot worse than what people thought. I just fell. It’s fine.

“I’ll be out there again soon.”

pbmax
08-16-2011, 05:18 PM
Fluid in knee - better than no ACL in knee, but still not the most confidence inspiring thing I have read today.

mraynrand
08-16-2011, 05:23 PM

I'm guessing Johnny Jolly gave him some purple drank and he's feeling no pain.

pbmax
08-16-2011, 05:24 PM
I'm guessing Johnny Jolly gave him some purple drank and he's feeling no pain.

That's why Johnny never got hurt, nice and relaxed during the collisions and interceptions.

Upnorth
08-16-2011, 05:31 PM
So even if he is okay, this high lights how low our depth is on the DL. I would love to see us pick up someone. Doesnot need to be a starter, just needs to be a stop gap. Are there any in the supplemental draft tomorrow?

wist43
08-16-2011, 05:56 PM
Fluid in knee - better than no ACL in knee, but still not the most confidence inspiring thing I have read today.

I broke my ankle, then walked around on it for the next 14 years... when I started having persistent pain, went to the doc. He xrayed it, then asked if I had ever broke my ankle. I said, "no"... he said, "yes, you did", lol... surgery went well :)

Joemailman
08-16-2011, 06:05 PM
Why is everyone so worried about the depth on the DL? Last year the Packers went into the season with Neal, Pickett, Raji, Harrell, Jenkins and Wilson. Lost Harrell for the season. Lost Jenkins for several games. Lost Neal for most of the season. Lost Pickett for a few. Had the NFL's #5 defense. Won the Super Bowl. Relax!

KYPack
08-16-2011, 06:08 PM
Sheezus!

I almost pooped my bloomers on that headline.

Out two weeks or the whole season? What kinda shit is that?

Mike, take 2 Vikes and a 12 pack, you'll be fine.

pbmax
08-16-2011, 06:17 PM
Why is everyone so worried about the depth on the DL? Last year the Packers went into the season with Neal, Pickett, Raji, Harrell, Jenkins and Wilson. Lost Harrell for the season. Lost Jenkins for several games. Lost Neal for most of the season. Lost Pickett for a few. Had the NFL's #5 defense. Won the Super Bowl. Relax!

Looking at it from that perspective, where the Packers had Jenkins and kept Harrell and Wilson rather than Wynn, I think Wynn's chances this year are better as they have Green and Wilson to occupy space, but do not have any additional pass rushers. Someone could always surprise though.

sharpe1027
08-16-2011, 06:19 PM
I'm not sure how they stack up against most other teams, but I'd bet there aren't many teams that are clearly better off. Regardless, I think the backups they have on the roster are better than any FAs out there. Maybe after teams have to cut their rosters there would be a few bodies, but I'd guess that what they have now is as good as it will get.

Brandon494
08-16-2011, 06:21 PM
Finley was only suppose to be out a few weeks last season and we know how that turned out.

Joemailman
08-16-2011, 06:29 PM
Finley was only suppose to be out a few weeks last season and we know how that turned out.

Yeah, you never know with a knee. Last year when Morgan Burnett tore his ACL, he didn't need to be helped off the field. He just went over to the sideline and told the trainers his knee "felt kind of funny".

Harlan Huckleby
08-16-2011, 06:55 PM
now signing jenkins looks bad, although he probably would have been hurt by now too

not now, the jenkins situation turned into a debacle when he signed with the Packers NFC rival for cheap.

On the face of it, this was a serious fuck up by Thompson. But maybe there was nothing to be done about it, Jenkins may have been determined to leave when he didn't get a big contract offer.

Harlan Huckleby
08-16-2011, 06:58 PM
If he likes what he sees in camp, then he'll go with what he has. If not, he's shown that he'll look elsewhere to upgrade (e.g. Howard Green) . I simply can't believe that TT is happy with what he sees in camp, especially because CJ Wilson has not continued his progress from last year. Face it, we got lucky with Howard Green. How often does a capable player get cut midseason for being fat?

I suppose if Neal is out for a while it just opens a roster spot for the new Guy.

bobblehead
08-16-2011, 08:16 PM
Yeah, you never know with a knee. Last year when Morgan Burnett tore his ACL, he didn't need to be helped off the field. He just went over to the sideline and told the trainers his knee "felt kind of funny".

i have a slight tear in my MCL. I hike 3 times a week and it never hurts going uphill....but it clicks going downhill.

Lurker64
08-16-2011, 08:20 PM
According to Jason Wilde on Twitter: "[Neal] says medical staff tested his ACL, MCL and PCL and all are intact."

Harlan Huckleby
08-16-2011, 08:23 PM
intact? Like a virgin, untouched for the very first time?

Brandon494
08-16-2011, 08:32 PM
According to Jason Wilde on Twitter: "[Neal] says medical staff tested his ACL, MCL and PCL and all are intact."

Great News

Willard
08-16-2011, 08:54 PM
I'm sorry to be uninformed, but is Jolly situation in limbo or is he definitely out for the year? If I knew how to use my iPhone better or I wasn't in a codeine induced semi-coma I would try to find the answer on my own, but alas.....

Joemailman
08-16-2011, 08:56 PM
I'm sorry to be uninformed, but is Jolly situation in limbo or is he definitely out for the year? If I knew how to use my iPhone better or I wasn't in a codeine induced semi-coma I would try to find the answer on my own, but alas.....

Jolly is suspended indefinitely by the NFL. I know of no reason to think the suspension will be lifted this year.

Lurker64
08-16-2011, 09:00 PM

Well, the fact that he didn't get through his pretrial deferment and had to plead guilty, and he's got probation and community service to do still, probably means that if the league were inclined to rule on him any time soon (they're not) that things wouldn't look good for Jolly. Add to that the fact that the Packers might be inclined to just cut Jolly due to his indiscretions when they have the ability to do so, and the fact that he's almost certainly not in football shape, means that you probably shouldn't count on Jolly this year.

Willard
08-16-2011, 09:03 PM
So you're saying there's a chance? (insert goofy pic of Jim Carrey here)

pbmax
08-16-2011, 09:14 PM
snip

Jolly situation ... codeine induced semi-coma .....

Nicely put ...

Deputy Nutz
08-16-2011, 11:32 PM
Well, zippity dippity.

It is not a good sign when a defensive end falls down untouched, because his knee buckles on its own. Here is hope for Neal to remain healthy all season.

sharpe1027
08-17-2011, 08:06 AM
A football player with a sore knee and a little swelling is not exactly ground breaking news.

Fritz
08-17-2011, 09:16 AM
The defensive line sure looks thin, but all this reminded me of last year, when Neal was drafted in the second round. The general opinion at that time was that it was a weird pick because the Packers had so much depth on the d-line. Some saw it as a "luxury" pick - that TT felt comfortable enough with talent at other positions that he could take a shot at a guy playing a position of depth.

A year and a half later, and we're bemoaning the lack of depth on the defensive line. It reminds me how fast this game changes, and makes me wonder if at some point in the next year or two we'll be talking about how thin the wide receiver corp is.

woodbuck27
08-17-2011, 10:12 AM
The odds that any Packer fan will 'bitch' about TT anymore are rare to none. Some Packer fans may still find reasons to complain about TT. In a society of free speech and expression. That's their right to do so. To post their criticisms or disappointments.

The history in terms of a fans reaction to Ted Thompson as our GM. It's like any transition in an organization. Some people (ie in our case Packer fans) are slower to agree with the new administrations ways and manners of getting their agenda(s) in place. I for one felt frustrations with TT's ways where others here believed in him from the start. That naturally caused some debate and at times unfortunate dispute. (-:

In hindsight I was mistaken in my impatience. I admit it took me some time to come on board with TT as the answer as our GM. I'm now there. I am still amazed at how the Green Bay Packers managed to turn so very much adversity and return fr. near disaster to gain the momentum and utlize a total team positive, 'all in attitude' to win the SUPER BOWL It only matters now that we as Packer fans that we enjoy OUR teams success.

I thank our Packer Board of Direcdtors and our GM Ted Thompson; HC Mike McCarthy and his staff; all the people that support that coaching staff and the Green Bay Packer players for that splendid and exceptonal success for all Packer fans. As Packer fans we should 'only' be thankful and appreciative.

It's also not abnormal to find some Packer fans that may express resentment at the way certain maters were handled. IMO. Overall Ted Thompson has been fair and his success and mannern of exercising his duties has to be see as very positive.

Looking at the history. Inspite of any frustration (as we fantasized being in the role of the Packer GM). Ted Thompson went about his job in the best way that served himself best. I believe it's accurate to say that most here are now fully on board with Ted Thompson. IMO. GM Ted Thompson may be deemed extremely successful administering to his duties; managing our team to another Super Bowl victory.

I believe that Ted Thompson's success will continue. I believe that we are an elite NFL team. Much of the credit of that result has to go to Ted Thompson.

GO PACK GO!

woodbuck27
08-17-2011, 10:27 AM
The defensive line sure looks thin, but all this reminded me of last year, when Neal was drafted in the second round. The general opinion at that time was that it was a weird pick because the Packers had so much depth on the d-line. Some saw it as a "luxury" pick - that TT felt comfortable enough with talent at other positions that he could take a shot at a guy playing a position of depth.

A year and a half later, and we're bemoaning the lack of depth on the defensive line. It reminds me how fast this game changes, and makes me wonder if at some point in the next year or two we'll be talking about how thin the wide receiver corp is.

I agree. I was looking at Harvey's proposed ' Final Roster' thread and felt with his proposal that we're weak on the DL (6) - Raji, Pickett, Neal(Out for season's start), Green, Wilson, Wynn; and maybe heavy at LB (9) - Matthews, Bishop, Hawk, Zombo, Walden, Elmore, Jones, Smith, ... Lattimore?!

We need help on the DL with ' only ' two back-ups at present to start the season. Can we escape the 'adversity' of another season as we did last? TT will go out and add to the DL as he see's the need and can secure the proper fit.

GO PACKERS!

HarveyWallbangers
08-17-2011, 10:37 AM
How is Neal out for the season's start? Do we know that yet?

sharpe1027
08-17-2011, 10:56 AM
How is Neal out for the season's start? Do we know that yet?

As of right now its not even clear that he will miss this Friday's preseason game.

smuggler
08-17-2011, 11:06 AM
Sorry about the 6-10 week estimate, guys. I was being a pessimist and a doomsayer. <=J

mmmdk
08-17-2011, 11:13 AM
Sorry about the 6-10 week estimate, guys. I was being a pessimist and a doomsayer. <=J

It's ok, no worries ! There is real dramarama to this, now minor injury, as Neal will be heralded as the neo J. Harrell (injury wise).

Fritz
08-17-2011, 11:43 AM
My comments above were not aimed at fans' reaction to the Neal pick - just an observation on the extremely fluid nature of a football team.

As for the injury, isn't Neal getting an MRI today? Let's hope it comes back all good.

I am wondering a bit how guys like Wilson and Wynn can still be around - especially Wynn. He was cut last year in favor of Justin Harrell, yet TT added only a 7th rounder. Speaking of, I've read little about Lawrence Guy's performance. Anyone seen anything or know how he looks? I think a rookie DE can make an impact more easily than players at other positions, so I hope this guy can help. Is he a pass rusher or run stopper or both or just a Guy?

Deputy Nutz
08-17-2011, 01:34 PM
A football player with a sore knee and a little swelling is not exactly ground breaking news.

I posted the information as it was reported on the radio. Mike McCarthy called it a knee sprain at the time. A knee sprain means their is damage to the legiments. I posted on what I weird the Green Bay Packer head coach report to the media.

Harlan Huckleby
08-17-2011, 01:39 PM
I weird No, you're just a little different, nothing wrong with that.

Lurker64
08-17-2011, 01:48 PM
Per MM: Neal "torqued" his knee and is "day-to-day". There was no MRI necessary.

I think we dodged a bullet here.

Deputy Nutz
08-17-2011, 02:10 PM
No, you're just a little different, nothing wrong with that.

I slip

Fritz
08-17-2011, 02:15 PM
Day to day....whew. Keep him out for a couple. Then he can rest that surgically repaired shoulder, too, and the kids can get more snaps in the meantime.

Joemailman
08-17-2011, 04:40 PM
My comments above were not aimed at fans' reaction to the Neal pick - just an observation on the extremely fluid nature of a football team.

As for the injury, isn't Neal getting an MRI today? Let's hope it comes back all good.

I am wondering a bit how guys like Wilson and Wynn can still be around - especially Wynn. He was cut last year in favor of Justin Harrell, yet TT added only a 7th rounder. Speaking of, I've read little about Lawrence Guy's performance. Anyone seen anything or know how he looks? I think a rookie DE can make an impact more easily than players at other positions, so I hope this guy can help. Is he a pass rusher or run stopper or both or just a Guy?

Guy was held out of practice today with recurring concussion symptoms.

RashanGary
08-17-2011, 07:59 PM
We might not see Neal until week 1

Lurker64
08-17-2011, 08:07 PM
We might not see Neal until week 1

We might also see him week 3 of the preseason.

KYPack
08-17-2011, 09:07 PM
Guy looks like the greenest rookie you can imagine. I don't know if he's worth a PS spot. We'd have to go to a vet FA if it got down to him. He must have gotten that concussion from somebody hammering him, cuase he didn't hit anybody.

red
08-17-2011, 09:21 PM
Guy looks like the greenest rookie you can imagine. I don't know if he's worth a PS spot. We'd have to go to a vet FA if it got down to him. He must have gotten that concussion from somebody hammering him, cuase he didn't hit anybody.

who in the blue hell are you talking about?

KYPack
08-17-2011, 09:56 PM

This is gonna be like Abbot and Costello. I'm talking about Lawrence GUY. And he is just a guy. He's a rookie DL. I wound up watching him a lot, trying to figure who the rookie DL was with only 3 letters in his name.

And reread my post.

It makes sense if you know the Guy is the guy I'm talking about.

Now, does that take the wrath of the Big Lebowsky off me?

mission
08-17-2011, 09:58 PM

Guy.

Lurker64
08-17-2011, 10:03 PM
Guy.

I really hope he turns out to be a player and sticks with the team for a decade, so we can keep making these jokes.

KYPack
08-17-2011, 10:20 PM
I really hope he turns out to be a player and sticks with the team for a decade, so we can keep making these jokes.

Really man.

Guy?

Third base.

mission
08-17-2011, 10:27 PM

Ya I had to jump at that. :)

RashanGary
08-18-2011, 04:23 PM
The way MM is handling teh Neal thing. . . . It just feels a little strange, like there's more to it. I'm curious to see it play out. Hopefully my hunch is off.

swede
08-18-2011, 04:29 PM
Hopefully my hunch is off.

Is one missing??

http://www.moviestore.com/library/photos/177/177755.jpg

Lurker64
08-18-2011, 04:37 PM
The way MM is handling teh Neal thing. . . . It just feels a little strange, like there's more to it. I'm curious to see it play out. Hopefully my hunch is off.

NFL coaches really only talk about injuries to their players to the extent that is required by league rules (which is a low standard) and when it doesn't matter anymore, since the guy is out for the year. Remember how CMIII's "shin, probable" turned out to be a stress fracture?

Freak Out
08-18-2011, 04:42 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIA4A3QRWCE

smuggler
08-19-2011, 07:37 AM
Mel Brooks is a Golden God

RashanGary
08-19-2011, 07:42 AM
Ted Thompson makes decisions based on grudges, ego and loyalty. He's not a strict, "football/team" guy. Cullen Jenkens was cut do to a grudge and that's the same reason his price didn't go up.

red
08-19-2011, 09:00 AM
This is gonna be like Abbot and Costello. I'm talking about Lawrence GUY. And he is just a guy. He's a rookie DL. I wound up watching him a lot, trying to figure who the rookie DL was with only 3 letters in his name.

And reread my post.

It makes sense if you know the Guy is the guy I'm talking about.

Now, does that take the wrath of the Big Lebowsky off me?

oh

my bad, completely missed that we were talking about some guy named guy and not just some guy

Pugger
08-19-2011, 11:33 AM
Was there any report about Neal's MRI?

HarveyWallbangers
08-19-2011, 11:39 AM
Was there any report about Neal's MRI?

I thought I read he didn't have one. The doctors didn't feel one was necessary.

pbmax
08-19-2011, 11:41 AM
Ted Thompson makes decisions based on grudges, ego and loyalty. He's not a strict, "football/team" guy. Cullen Jenkens was cut do to a grudge and that's the same reason his price didn't go up.

Have you and Woodbuck swapped personalities?

pbmax
08-19-2011, 11:41 AM
I thought I read he didn't have one. The doctors didn't feel one was necessary.

McCarthy, yesterday, confirmed one was performed on Wednesday.

HarveyWallbangers
08-19-2011, 11:42 AM
I've been gone for two days, I just went to JSO and now they are saying Neal did have an MRI.

Pugger
08-19-2011, 11:45 AM
McCarthy, yesterday, confirmed one was performed on Wednesday.

I take it MM didn't comment on what was found...?

pbmax
08-19-2011, 11:51 AM
I take it MM didn't comment on what was found...?

Haven't seen it. I think he probably knew the results when he confirmed the scan. Labeling him day to day and unchanged from yesterday was as much as he is willing to share.

mraynrand
08-19-2011, 11:55 AM

Source? What was the grudge? I'm not denying your claim, I just would like to see it backed up strongly, because it's controversial and has long-reaching implications.

Fritz
08-19-2011, 12:53 PM
Didn't the D-line coach say they hoped to have Neal back for the first game of the season? Or they expected him to be ready for the first game?

It don't sound so good no more.

pbmax
08-19-2011, 01:59 PM
Didn't the D-line coach say they hoped to have Neal back for the first game of the season? Or they expected him to be ready for the first game?

Don't recall seeing that. Capers said many similar things about Matthew but was talking about his experience last season as a guide to how it will affect him this year with the hammy flareup.

hoosier
08-19-2011, 02:41 PM

Yeah, "sprain; day to day" and "hope to see him back by the start of the season" were the two quotes on JSO today, from MM and Trgovac respectively. It kinda sounds to me like a mild tear with a guesstimated 1-3 week recovery. I'm not worried about the knee (yet), I'm more concerned that Neal might be one of those guys who goes from one injury to another like a serial dater.

Fritz
08-19-2011, 03:54 PM
Like the dad in A Christmas Story said: "Fra-gee-lay."