PDA

View Full Version : Cups and boys

GrnBay007
08-17-2011, 12:03 AM
Why do young boys fight wearing a cup? And why don't coaches enforce it more? I wanna be a grammy SOME DAY!

...just wondering...

Harlan Huckleby
08-17-2011, 12:09 AM
Why do young boys fight wearing a cup?

I read that sentence 4 times before I figured it out. Do they have boxing in Iowa elementary schools?

cups are uncomfortable, they chafe.

mraynrand
08-17-2011, 12:11 AM
Cup? I fought wearing a quart.

Deputy Nutz
08-17-2011, 08:09 AM
Nobody wears a cup in football. Unless someone punches you or kicks you in the nuts on purpose you don't ever get hit in the balls. It is not needed. For baseball, sure especially if you are an infielder or catcher. Boxing, and MMA are the only other sports where I would recomend wearing a cup.

wootah
08-17-2011, 08:18 AM
http://cdn.tauntr.com/sites/default/files/userfiles/POW-01.gif

Little Whiskey
08-17-2011, 11:24 AM
Why do young boys fight wearing a cup? And why don't coaches enforce it more? I wanna be a grammy SOME DAY!

...just wondering...

first time he take a shot to the balls, he won't fight you about wearing a cup. sometimes you've got to learn the hard way

Upnorth
08-17-2011, 03:09 PM
Nobody wears a cup in football. Unless someone punches you or kicks you in the nuts on purpose you don't ever get hit in the balls. It is not needed. For baseball, sure especially if you are an infielder or catcher. Boxing, and MMA are the only other sports where I would recomend wearing a cup.

As an ex rb I always wore a cup! Always! Same when I played hockey. I took one nut shot in grade 7 during karate and ALWAYS wore a cup for anything remotely athletic. Little wiskey is right, just once is all it takes.

bobblehead
08-17-2011, 04:37 PM

I once dove all out to block a FG....I was early and didn't block it with my hands or body. I was wearing a cup and it still hurt like a mother.

Deputy Nutz
08-17-2011, 09:19 PM
As an ex rb I always wore a cup! Always! Same when I played hockey. I took one nut shot in grade 7 during karate and ALWAYS wore a cup for anything remotely athletic. Little wiskey is right, just once is all it takes.

I think we have all been hit in the nuts, I don't think you were the one in the million shot. I forgot to mention hockey, wear a cup if you play hockey.

I wore a cup in seventh grade because we were all afraid of getting a "cup check". I tackled a running back and stood him up and then a teammate of mine hit him in the back and everyone tumbed on top of me and the running backs knee went right into my groin slamming the cup straight up into my gut, rearranging my testicles in a horrible fashion.

I forgot my cup in little league, so I refused to catch the ball game. My coach was a bit pissed. But I do remember 3 season ago a major league catcher for the Diamondbacks I think his name was schneider, fractured his testicle from a foul ball, he had a cup on.

GrnBay007
08-17-2011, 11:34 PM
Nobody wears a cup in football. Unless someone punches you or kicks you in the nuts on purpose you don't ever get hit in the balls. It is not needed. .

Really??

He told me most the guys on the team were not wearing them and I thought he just told me that to get out of wearing one.

Little Whiskey
08-18-2011, 01:36 PM
Nobody wears a cup in football. Unless someone punches you or kicks you in the nuts on purpose you don't ever get hit in the balls. It is not needed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNvFqSWucJ0&playnext=1&list=PLC5A44B81F169A538