PDA

View Full Version : Good Bye Atari Bigby

Smeefers
08-17-2011, 02:57 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/7593;_ylt=AuL8Xyv5XmHLmGwgDl._XHZDubYF

You know, I have conflicting emotions about this one. I liked Atari. I wasn't in love with the man and I think either Peprah or Morgan will play better than he did, but I think he was a pretty solid safety. I guess the best I can do is wish him well in Seattle.

sheepshead
08-17-2011, 06:43 AM
I liked him too. He plays the way you'd imagine you'd play that position. Still, never became the smart and polished player it takes to be a starter.

MJZiggy
08-17-2011, 06:52 AM
Did he get to go to the White House? He was not a starter in GB, but he might be out in Seattle? Who do they have that's better?

Brandon494
08-17-2011, 06:54 AM
Didn't hate him but glad he's gone.

woodbuck27
08-17-2011, 06:57 AM
Only 4 games and 6 tackles in 2010 placed him in a position to be cut and we knew that was a distinct posibility.

Ted Thompson and MM as has been the case; have again operated fairly with Atari Bigby as they have with most of the players released by the Packers. Given released players a decent opportunity to sign elsewhere and be a possible asset to another team.

We will watch to see how Atari Bigby does with the Seahawks.

GO PACKERS!

Bretsky
08-17-2011, 07:27 AM
Did he get to go to the White House? He was not a starter in GB, but he might be out in Seattle? Who do they have that's better?

Everybody

Pugger
08-17-2011, 07:49 AM
Bigby's main issue was he couldn't stay away from the trainer's table. It will be interesting to see if this trend continues in Seattle...

Iron Mike
08-17-2011, 08:05 AM
Once he finds out what's going on up in Snohomish County, he'll be under the substance abuse policy.....

http://www.cannabisnews.org/united-states-cannabis-news/snohomish-county-a-marijuana-hotbed/

Deputy Nutz
08-17-2011, 08:06 AM

Do follow the Packers?

SkinBasket
08-17-2011, 08:37 AM
This offseason now gets a 9.8/10 for me.

mraynrand
08-17-2011, 09:38 AM
Seattle needed a Saviour.

http://i453.photobucket.com/albums/qq254/mraynrand/LordBigby.jpg

Upnorth
08-17-2011, 09:47 AM
I remember when he was just starting to make the big hit reels in studio's, it was a simpiler time for him. So long as he laid the hits, the studio boys did not bother to analysis his play.

MJZiggy
08-17-2011, 07:39 PM
Do follow the Packers?
I was asking what safety on the Seahawks roster would prevent him from starting there?

RashanGary
08-17-2011, 07:56 PM
He put a few healthy stretches together. I'm a Bigby fan, he just can't stay healthy.

PaCkFan_n_MD
08-17-2011, 08:01 PM
He was a beast in the 07' playoffs.

Bretsky
08-17-2011, 08:43 PM
I was asking what safety on the Seahawks roster would prevent him from starting there?

Earl Thomas is WAY better than Bigby Toast. Not sure about their other safety...Kam Chancellor.

Bigby has a short line of teams looking for his services and signed for near or at the minimum

Hopefully he makes a team

easy cheesy
08-19-2011, 05:51 PM
Seattle needed a Saviour.

http://i453.photobucket.com/albums/qq254/mraynrand/LordBigby.jpg

Around these parts we're being told that Tavaris Jackson is going to be Seattle's Saviour....

SkinBasket
08-20-2011, 07:32 AM

No one will prevent him from starting. He just isn't good enough to start.

Jennings: M.D. the UFA, made a very nice stop at the goal line in space last night that made me remember just how terribly fucking limited Bigby was as a player.

rbaloha1
08-20-2011, 12:20 PM
Great free agent story that threw his body around. Recall the preseason game when AB was a human missle on blitzes.

SkinBasket
08-20-2011, 01:06 PM
Recall the preseason game when AB was a human missle on blitzes.

Yes. That was one of two good games he had. Too bad that one came in the preseason.

Fritz
08-20-2011, 01:11 PM
MD "Medical Doctor" Jennings - how does he compare to Levine? And is Brandon Underwear expected back this week?

SkinBasket
08-20-2011, 02:47 PM
MD "Medical Doctor" Jennings - how does he compare to Levine? And is Brandon Underwear expected back this week?

I'm eager to watch the game this evening on NFL network replay to find out. I only caught that play as a part of a "look-in" they were doing when Zona scored.

It was a hell of a play for a rookie though, even if they did score two plays later.

pbmax
08-20-2011, 03:04 PM
Levine seems more physical, but MD has him some range. He was sideline to sideline, however, that 3rd string QB was having a lot of success throwing it mid to deep, so MD had a lot of opportunities.

One of the good things not previously mentioned was the possibility of 4 INTs or so during the game. Both Collins and Burnett dropped easy ones.

SkinBasket
08-20-2011, 08:30 PM
After watching the game I would take the good doctor over Levine as a bet to make the team. My mind still burns with disdain at the number 43, but I just have to convince myself Patrick Dendy is NOT back on the team.

I also think any "shocking" decisions by TT will be made at the LB position.

Also, WTF?! Vonnie Holliday is still playing football!

smuggler
08-20-2011, 09:59 PM
That's why I cringed when Shields began wearing 37. Tyrone Williams (not Tramon) used to have great coverage on dudes, but would never look back for the ball. It would infuriate me to no end. Even though Shields was burned a couple times against the Cards, at least he got his head around. (He has to actually *do* something when he sees the ball coming next time, though...