PDA

View Full Version : MUSICAL NIRVANA ... Your Monthly Concert. Which Five (plus ONE) play it....

woodbuck27
08-18-2011, 02:19 AM
OK ... so your going to Heaven or Nirvana or wherever you see your destination after life here.

Because 'of course', your 'a Green Bay Packer fan' . That makes you special. That gives you huge points with St. Peter or Muhammed or whichever fella keeps the gates to your destination. Shit ... you may be comfortable lstening to your music in HELL. I understand that venue might have a whole shitload of hot tunes goin down ... down there.

So the question is. What Five musical Bands or performers, orchestras etc. RULE: You 'can only choose Five plus one' other or SIX acts fr. any musical gendra. It might be ' the Beatles or The Stones' . The Moody Bues. Jethro Tull or Led Zepplin or the Eagles. It could be Michael Jackson, Van Morrison, Tracy Chapman, The NY Philharmonic Orchestra, Chopin or Bach himself. You love 'Return To Forever' or Bob James Jazz.

So ... which bands or musical performers will play at your Monthly MUSIC Concert where you invite all your friends and do whatever you want? Your in Musical Nirvana. Make your party the BEST!

Lay down your choice or five to six. To Good Music.

My name is Eddie.

woodbuck27
08-18-2011, 02:29 AM
I came up with this idea posting HowardRoark on the Music Video Thread which by the way is amazing and so successful as a thread here at the Romper Room.

I will have to think of my TOP SIX. I love music of any gendre and that TOP SIX is a HARD CUT. I wonder from this thread whch acts will show up as the overall top choices here at PackerRats?

After a 90 day trial run or some more time... I'll tabuate tabulate the choices for the TOP TEN.

red
08-18-2011, 01:19 PM
i think i could make do with just one

pink floyd

Little Whiskey
08-18-2011, 01:32 PM
if Nirvana was part of the Nirvana Concert Tour would that rip a hole in the space-time continuum? kinda like a chicken omelet?

Freak Out
08-18-2011, 01:35 PM
Frank Zappa and all his various band mates over the years.

The NY Philharmonic with Bernstein conducting.

Led Zeppelin...got to have some crazy sex, drugs and rock & roll and they were the best at that.

Miles Davis

Hhmmm....thinking...

woodbuck27
08-18-2011, 02:48 PM
i think i could make do with just one

pink floyd

Yes ! PINK FLOYD is a choice any ROCK Fan will strongly consider.Then add the likes of The STONES and LED ZEPPELIN and your halfway there, but there are so many gendres and great choices and do you want to listen to nothing but ROCK for the rest of eternity?

I love ' the blues ' and fella's like John Lee Hooker , Steve Ray Vaughn, Jeff Healey and Colin James pop into my head and there are so many more like Buddy Guy, Albert and BB KIng.

I'm a huge ZZ TOP Fan and I love Billy Gibbons on guitar; and then there's the ever impressive John Mellencamp as well. I love the great Jazz group 'Return To Forever' and the Bob James Band. There's all those Classical Music Composers. Mozart, BACH, Chopin, Beethoven, Liszt, Rockonomov or Brahms etc. How about Country and who do you choose looking at just Johnny Cash, Willie Nelson, Waylon Jennings, Travis Tritt, Alan Jackson or George Jones.

Another choce for me might be a group out of the Netherlands that reminds me of Pink Floyd in terms related to styling....Golden Earring. Van Morrison could be my entertainer anytime. I love Gordon Lightfoot, Neil Young and Jeff Beck. Dire Straits and U2.

I need some variety. Maybe AC - DC, AeroSmith, Elvis, Roy Orbison, John's Hiatt and Prine or Bob Dylan. I like Sade and too many easy listening groups and artists to mention. I like Folk as well....and there I might choose John Prine.

That TOP SIX is a Hard Cut.

HowardRoark
08-18-2011, 02:50 PM
Vladimir Horowitz
Wilco
Replacements
Dave Brubeck
The Clash
St. Germain

woodbuck27
08-18-2011, 03:47 PM
Frank Zappa and all his various band mates over the years.

The NY Philharmonic with Bernstein conducting.

Led Zeppelin...got to have some crazy sex, drugs and rock & roll and they were the best at that.

Miles Davis

Hhmmm....thinking...

Exactly.Your stuck with your TOP SIX for an eternity.

I loved Frank Zappa as well and his name was back in my grey matter. Thanks for bring him back to me.

I love a Country Rock Group called POCO and have been a member of their fan base for awhile. I discovered POCO way back in 1970. I love Rusty Young's body of work on Electric Steel Guitar with POCO. They had one decent hit...'Crazy Love', but have produced over 20 albums and toured in their various forms since the late 60's. Ritchie Furay and Jim Messina (Of Kenny Loggins and Massina Fame) were members of Buffalo Springfield the 60's Band with Neil Young, Stephen Stills and was it Grahame Nash?. Ater Buffalo Springfield broke up. A fella by the name of Randy Meisner teamed up with Massina and Firay and added Dave Grantham on drums and came out with their orignal alum entitled simy POCO. I purchased that album at Sam the Record an's in Toronto in the spring of 1970.It was one of my first SIX albums and I loved to pay it every Saturday Morning to get my weekend started with an edge.

Those choices.They will be forever creative and you might consider an eclectic group as your doing Freak Out... sliding with Miles Davis. A nice possible choice.

woodbuck27
08-18-2011, 03:56 PM
Vladimir Horowitz
Wilco
Replacements
Dave Brubeck
The Clash
St. Germain

WOW! Your into your music; a connoisseur of music. That's not bubble gum music HowardRoark. I want to rush to YOUTUBE Music right now and check that stuff out.

That's the general idea behind this thread. So we can learn more about other people's tastes and grow as music lovers. Enhance our collections and grow in OUR appreciation of great music. Teach one another different tastes. It's lke eating new foods. Enlightening.

Joemailman
08-18-2011, 04:11 PM
Bob Dylan (backed by The Band)

Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band

Emmylou Harris

John Prine

The Blasters

Van Morrison

woodbuck27
08-18-2011, 10:30 PM

I loved Frank Zappa as well and his name was back in my grey matter. Thanks for bring him back to me.

I love a Country Rock Group called POCO and have been a member of their fan base for awhile. I discovered POCO way back in 1970. I love Rusty Young's body of work on Electric Steel Guitar with POCO. They had one decent hit...'Crazy Love', but have produced over 20 albums and toured in their various forms since the late 60's. Ritchie Furay and Jim Messina (Of Kenny Loggins and Massina Fame) were members of Buffalo Springfield the 60's Band with Neil Young, Stephen Stills and was it Grahame Nash?. Ater Buffalo Springfield broke up. A fella by the name of Randy Meisner teamed up with Massina and Firay and added Dave Grantham on drums and came out with their orignal alum entitled simy POCO. I purchased that album at Sam the Record an's in Toronto in the spring of 1970.It was one of my first SIX albums and I loved to pay it every Saturday Morning to get my weekend started with an edge.

Those choices.They will be forever creative and you might consider an eclectic group as your doing Freak Out... sliding with Miles Davis. A nice possible choice.
Edit:

I loved Frank Zappa as well and his name was back in my grey matter. Thanks for bringing him back to me.

I have enjoyed a Country Rock Group called POCO and have been a member of their fan base for awhile. I discovered POCO way back in 1970. I love Rusty Young's body of work on Electric Steel Guitar. They had one decent hit...'Crazy Love', but have produced over 20 albums and toured in their various forms since the late 60's. Ritchie Furay and Jim Messina (Of Kenny Loggins and Messina Fame) were members of Buffalo Springfield ...the 60's Band with Neil Young, Stephen Stills and was it Grahame Nash?. After Buffalo Springfield broke up. A fella by the name of Randy Meisner teamed up with Messina and Furay and added Dave Grantham on drums and came out with their orignal album entitled POCO. I purchased that album at Sam the Record Man's in Toronto in the spring of 1970. It was one of my first SIX albums and I loved to pay it every Saturday morning to get my weekend started with an their percolating sound. Yp! That band reminded me of mornng coffee.

Those choices. They will be forever creative and you might consider an eclectic group as your doing Freak Out... sliding with Miles Davis. A nice choice.

woodbuck27
08-18-2011, 10:34 PM
Nice choices. I'm not familiar with ' The Blasters ' but soon I will be.

woodbuck27
08-19-2011, 03:07 AM
HowardRoark

Vladimir Horowitz
Wilco
Replacements
Dave Brubeck
The Clash
St. Germain

HowardRoark: THANK YOU Sir, for introducing me to St. GERMAIN.

I love this band. Just GREAT Music. Very smooth and exciting Jazz. Please, invite me to your party anytime thieir going to entertain. I`ll be there ' with bells and whistles on '.

woodbuck27
08-19-2011, 03:11 AM
Bob Dylan (backed by The Band)

Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band

Emmylou Harris

John Prine

The Blasters

Van Morrison

The Blasters remind me of Stray Cats. A fun band to watch and listen to. THANKS Joemailman.

red
08-19-2011, 09:03 AM
pearl jam, they got a lot of good stuff, plus they cn do top notch covers of every other song ever made

woodbuck27
08-19-2011, 10:00 PM
pearl jam, they got a lot of good stuff, plus they cn do top notch covers of every other song ever made

Yes I enjoy Pearl Jam as well red.

woodbuck27
08-22-2011, 06:30 PM
Ok I really set myself up for some pain in this thread. It,s mighty tough to pick only six acts from all of music when yur into this stuff like I've been all my life.

Well here is my Final Cut:

In no particular order:

THE ROLLING STONES

PINK FLOYD

LED ZEPPELIN

ZZ TOP

DIRE STRAITS

THE HIGHWAYMEN

red
10-31-2011, 07:36 PM
can we just assume that the beatles will already be there?

GrnBay007
10-31-2011, 07:50 PM
U2

:)

red
10-31-2011, 07:53 PM
true story

bono recently bought my families old grounds in ireland

GrnBay007
10-31-2011, 07:57 PM
true story

That should be worth free concert tickets! IDK, do they even tour anymore? I saw them in Chicago about 9-10 yrs. ago and it was an awesome concert.

GrnBay007
10-31-2011, 07:58 PM
true story

So u are an Irish gent?

red
10-31-2011, 09:34 PM
So u are an Irish gent?

yup i am

me and my cousin are gonna show up at his gate and demand he show us our land

woodbuck27
11-02-2011, 09:11 AM
The Blasters remind me of Stray Cats. A fun band to watch and listen to. THANKS Joemailman.

Also looking at Joemailman's list. Some real variety there and such artists.

Again.....great choices Joe.....

woodbuck27
11-02-2011, 09:14 AM
That should be worth free concert tickets! IDK, do they even tour anymore? I saw them in Chicago about 9-10 yrs. ago and it was an awesome concert.

U2...........They were in Montreal this past summer 007. Wang Dang Sweet Poontang BIG TIME!!

woodbuck27
11-02-2011, 09:23 AM
yup i am

me and my cousin are gonna show up at his gate and demand he show us our land

Hi red . What part of the Mother Country does your Family hail from?When did they arrive in America? Where did they arrive? Settle?

If those questions are too personal for you. Just forget I asked. I'll be betting anything you and I are different colors. I've been wrong before.
I was blown away wrong 2X this past weekend by matchups that went against the odds. Is there another NFL team that is in any way close to the Packers in terms of some consistency? Do we have a serious challenger right now in the NFL? All of the teams seem to be lack luster this season.

Was it the lock out !? AM I the only NFL fan seeing this ?? Ohh here I go back to football and off topic. Sorry. (-:

red
11-02-2011, 11:38 AM
Hi red . What part of the Mother Country does your Family hail from?When did they arrive in America? Where did they arrive? Settle?

If those questions are too personal for you. Just forget I asked. I'll be betting anything you and I are different colors. I've been wrong before.
I was blown away wrong 2X this past weekend by matchups that went against the odds. Is there another NFL team that is in any way close to the Packers in terms of some consistency? Do we have a serious challenger right now in the NFL? All of the teams seem to be lack luster this season.

Was it the lock out !? AM I the only NFL fan seeing this ?? Ohh here I go back to football and off topic. Sorry. (-:

mid 1800's, county wexford, and baltimore i think

SkinBasket
11-02-2011, 02:09 PM
Billy Joel, CB4, Heart, Johnny Cash, Taintstick a.k.a. Death!Death!Die!

opened by
Skrew, Monster Magnet, and Tsunami bomb

But it should be said that I think live music is a waste of time and money and concerts are for pathetic dorks and vagabond homos.