PDA

View Full Version : ELITE DEFENSES IN THE NFL

Bretsky
08-18-2011, 09:26 PM
Curious as to everybody's thoughts here. I am in a big moolah fantasy football league and one key scoring factor is "Points Given Up" by the Defense.

So I'm wondering which defenses you'd roll with in that scenario. Eight teams will draft defenses in the cut throat auction

WHO would be on your list of the Elite Defenses in terms of points allowed. A defensive scoring TD count for the defense

At this point here is my bias

I think

1. Pittsburg
2. Green Bay
3. Ravens (not fully sold there are here yet but think they may be in the elite group)
4. Eagles
5. Jets

As my list of Elite Defenses

Any others you think I'm missing and why ?
How would you order your elites ???

red
08-18-2011, 09:29 PM
i'd keep a close eye on philly. they looked like an ugly messed up abortion tonight

they got a lot of talent, but they don't know how to play with each other yet

MJZiggy
08-18-2011, 09:35 PM
WHAT THE HELL ARE THESE PEOPLE RAMBLING ON ABOUT? THE LIONS ARE GOING TO WIN BECAUSE THE FORD FAMILY IS A DYNASTY? WHAT??

3irty1
08-18-2011, 11:10 PM
The Bears

They are a great scoring D obviously but their offense blows so they should be facing a lot of teams who trying to catch up with big plays. Of all the elite D's they also have the best special teams.

For FF purposes I'd value them

GB
Bears
Steelers
Ravens
the rest

Eagles are going to have a bad run D

Bretsky
08-18-2011, 11:39 PM
The Bears

They are a great scoring D obviously but their offense blows so they should be facing a lot of teams who trying to catch up with big plays. Of all the elite D's they also have the best special teams.

For FF purposes I'd value them

GB
Bears
Steelers
Ravens
the rest

Eagles are going to have a bad run D

for the past ten years I've implemented a No Bear policy on fantasy football day and my karma/success has changed since that rule was created. I think the Bears D will be ok though. With this league we get nothing for special teams so I'm pretty sure I'd take the Jets and probably Phily above them

3irty1
08-19-2011, 01:45 AM
for the past ten years I've implemented a No Bear policy on fantasy football day and my karma/success has changed since that rule was created. I think the Bears D will be ok though. With this league we get nothing for special teams so I'm pretty sure I'd take the Jets and probably Phily above them

I don't think the Eagles did enough on D... really. They had the worst D ever last year and Babin and that D-line should stop the run about as well as Indy.

Lurker64
08-19-2011, 02:20 AM
I really can't see how you can put the Eagles as an elite D. As good as their DEs and their CBs look, their Safeties, DTs, and LBs are all suspect and their defensive coordinator is their old OL coach, and the last time this guy coached defense was in the 80s when he was an LBs coach for a Texas High School. I would personally put them about middle of the pack.

Steelers, Jets, Packers, then Pats, Saints, Falcons, Bears a tier lower in terms of Fantasy Defenses. I would also put the Chargers, Ravens, Chiefs, Giants, Raiders, and Lions ahead of the Eagles D in fantasy.

Upnorth
08-19-2011, 08:23 AM
Bretsky, I would go with your original list of five and add giant, no and miami to the list to get to 8. Of those 8 I would be most leary of eagles and miami. We don't know enough about the eagles yet. Miami plays pats twice but bills twice also.

Brandon494
08-19-2011, 08:28 AM
Steelers, Jets, Packers, Ravens, and Chiefs.

3irty1
08-19-2011, 08:37 AM
Houston's D might be a decent value this year in FF too.