PDA

View Full Version : I made it...10K Posts on PackerRats ! woodbuck27 My name is Ed.

woodbuck27
08-19-2011, 02:57 AM
This is my 10,001 post.

I go back to JSO with a lot of my fellow PackerRats. I've seen and learned a lot in my time as a GREEN BAY PACKER fan going back to 1958. As a teen I enjoyed the awesome success of the Vince Lombardi Era and the first two Super Bowl Championships. What a great team I was able to enjoy back in those days. It was a great run. Then the hard times followed in the 1970's and 1980's. I never gave up on my beloved Packers.

The lights came back on in the 1990's with the arrival of Brett FAVRE and 'the GREAT Reggie White'. The Holmgren years finally produced another Super Bowl (1997)and the following season we were so close to a repeat but the Denver Bronco's won that day on the strength of a strong runing game. We took a devastating loss in 1999 in the NFC Playoff game Vs the San Francisco 49ers. That game left me in shock. It was our game and the officials took it away. I,ll never forget the look on the faces of Mike Holmgren and Brett Favre on the sidelines as TO made that amazing leaping catch surrounded by OUR defenders in the end zone and we were sent packing.Throughout the Mike Sherman Era we we're competitive. Close but no cigar. The 4th and 28 play and susequent loss to the Philadelphia Eagles is another crushing blow that struck my heart.

Over all those five decades plus I've been treated to so any thrills by my favourite Pro team. The Green Bay Packers and to see the win in the Super Bowl last season; how they got there under what seemed like near impossible odds gven all the adversity was...to me personally as a Packer fan just an unbelievable victory. Still I really felt we had the proper momentum and the right balance on offense and defense to finish it off andn the proper momentum as well as we progressed deeper in the playoff's. Aaron Rodgers would not be denied another big game after we saw him play so well against Arizona and lose the previous season in 'a shoot out' game. Aaron Rodgers is an awesome talent and we're so fortunate to have his determination and big play ability on our side. I like our chances to repeat this season. My concern is our pass rush and I hope that Ted Thompson shores us up there. We've been in need of a excellent rush DE for a long time. This season we look a little thin on our DL but the rest of our teaqms game looks very healthy.

I love my Green Bay Packer HOME. I want to thank all of the leadershp at PACKERRATS for making this NFL fan site so good. I see it improving more and more each year.

I want to thank my fellow PackerRats for all the contributions you people make that help me be a better NFL fan. To improve my skill set in relation to my participation in the competitive venues offered here.

I love the Pro PickEm. I want all of you to get involved in this awesome competition this season. Every season we declare a new Champion and this year I want to see either Essox or GrnBay007 take the PRIZE. I now both of you can muster the stuff it takes to win this tough competition.

One last thng. We are lucky to have Packerrats. Let's all pull together in an attitude of PEACE and HARMONY to make PackerRats an even greater experience for anyone that wants to come into OUR Packer HOME. I want to see OUR membership grow.

Thank you everyone for being my fellow Packer fans.

woodbuck27 My name is Ed.

GO PACK GO!

mraynrand
08-19-2011, 09:41 AM
If Packerrats had been on twitter, it would be 10,000,000 posts by now

MadtownPacker
08-19-2011, 12:28 PM
Congrats Woody!! I'm positive you have entered more text than any other poster.:shock:

mraynrand
08-19-2011, 12:38 PM
Congrats Woody!! I'm positive you have entered more text than any other poster.:shock:

Didn't you have to buy extra server capacity just for Woodbuck?

MadtownPacker
08-19-2011, 12:40 PM
Didn't you have to buy extra server capacity just for Woodbuck?

Nah we just have 1000 methed out monkeys clipping out all the highlights.

Freak Out
08-19-2011, 12:57 PM
Pride of the Maritimes!

sheepshead
08-19-2011, 06:57 PM
nice

woodbuck27
08-19-2011, 09:41 PM

Mad Thanks so much for acknowledging my efforts.

I've always loved this forum and it's members. Even when My opinions havn't been accepted or understoosd I stuck to my integrity and always posted in terms related to what I believed was best. I've tried to be a good member here and posted for the better good of the membership and the value of having 'free speech'.

I'm a proud member of PackerRats. I love my Green Bay Packer HOME.

GO PACK GO !

woodbuck27
08-19-2011, 09:46 PM
If Packerrats had been on twitter, it would be 10,000,000 posts by now

mraynrand. Your one of the most humorous posters here. Your also observant and accurate.

GO PACKERS !

woodbuck27
08-19-2011, 09:49 PM
Nah we just have 1000 methed out monkeys clipping out all the highlights.

methed out monkeys clipping out all the highlights ...while sipping tequila. Editors at a cheap price.

woodbuck27
08-19-2011, 09:52 PM
Pride of the Maritimes!

Thank YOU Packer fan. Yes I love 'the Maritimes'. As a Packer fan, that's where it all began.

GO PACKERS.. . . for ' the REPEAT '.

woodbuck27
08-19-2011, 09:53 PM
nice

Thank You. (-:

GO PACK GO !