PDA

View Full Version : Jonathan Baldwin's red flags appear

red
08-19-2011, 12:49 PM
before the draft there were a handfull of people on here wanting us to draft WR jonathan baldwin with our first round pick

i kept saying that TT would never draft him because of all his red flags. those of you that liked him dismissed the red flags and said he'd still be worth it

now, i won't name names, mostly because i have no clue who you assholes were at the time, and i'm not looking you up. you know who you are

well, this is why you don't draft jonathan baldwin

from PFT

------------------------

Report: Jonathan Baldwin hurts wrist in locker room fight
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on August 19, 2011, 1:05 PM EDT
Jonathan Baldwin, Todd Haley AP

Chiefs first round wide receiver Jonathan Baldwin was mysteriously missing from Chiefs practice on Wednesday.

A radio report in Kansas City hinted there may be more to the story, but we passed on mentioning it until more information came out. Well, it’s out now. If Nick Wright of 610 radio in Kansas City is right, the story is a doozy.

Wright reports that Baldwin will likely miss the rest of the preseason after injuring his wrist during a locker room scuffle with teammate Thomas Jones. Baldwin’s work ethic has reportedly been an issue.

“He’s as advertised,” a source tells Wright. “Diva, spoiled, doesn’t wanna listen. Can run a Go and a Slant, and doesn’t wanna work.”

The Chiefs flew to Baltimore on Thursday in preparation for Friday’s preseason game. The team hasn’t said whether Baldwin was on the flight with them.

Baldwin was already struggling in Chiefs camp before this news came out. He looks unlikely to play much early in the year

Upnorth
08-19-2011, 01:02 PM
You should not go WR or RB in first rd, there is plenty of talent left after, and they are affected by scheme as much or more than QB.
Just my opinion.

Freak Out
Who is this guy?

Packgator
“He’s as advertised,” a source tells Wright. “Diva, spoiled, doesn’t wanna listen. Can run a Go and a Slant, and doesn’t wanna work.”

Ouch! Nice way to start off your career Rook.

hoosier
08-19-2011, 01:18 PM
before the draft there were a handfull of people on here wanting us to draft WR jonathan baldwin with our first round pick

i kept saying that TT would never draft him because of all his red flags. those of you that liked him dismissed the red flags and said he'd still be worth it

now, i won't name names, mostly because i have no clue who you assholes were at the time, and i'm not looking you up. you know who you are.

Who is this guy?

Red, I found one of your red flag dismissers hiding in the weeds of feigned ignorance.

red
08-19-2011, 01:32 PM
Red, I found one of your red flag dismissers hiding in the weeds of feigned ignorance.

i noticed that too hoosier lol

smuggler
08-19-2011, 02:09 PM
He's going to bomb out of the league. Weeeeee! Enjoy the plummet, KC fans.

Fritz
08-19-2011, 05:16 PM
This guy has "Oakland Raiders" written all over him.

Freak Out
08-19-2011, 05:21 PM
I admit it....I wanted this guy if Cam Newton was gone when we picked.

rbaloha1
08-19-2011, 05:21 PM
I thought this would have been a good pick if available. Several draft pubs projected him to the Packers.

You are correct -- TT stays away from these types. Sherman -- well...

red
08-19-2011, 05:43 PM
This guy has "Oakland Raiders" written all over him.

i don't think he has that kind of speed to play there

3irty1
08-19-2011, 10:12 PM
I wanted him. Didn't know he had flags though.

Smidgeon
08-20-2011, 12:34 PM
I wanted him too, but I know almost nothing about college prospects beyond what the talking heads say. And it looks like Cobb fulfills that WR role anyway...

ThunderDan
08-20-2011, 05:13 PM
I admit it....I wanted this guy if Cam Newton was gone when we picked.

Good job stepping up to the plate. This is what is needed.

If someone here makes a prediction and is wrong, man up to it, take your lumps and move on. It will only be a matter of days before someone predicts something crazier and all will be forgotten.

vince
08-20-2011, 08:10 PM
I talked him up some. He's obviously not a high character guy. I'm glad TT's the GM and he does all this background checking and stuff. It's amazing the high character guys that Thompson seems to have drafted this year. I think he has this drafting thing pretty well figured out.

I'm still a work in progress.