PDA

View Full Version : Vegas over and unders. Which would you bet and why?

Upnorth
08-23-2011, 08:16 PM
Below are the over/under bets according to Bodog today. Which do you think would be a good bet and why?

Ari 6.5
atl 10.5
bal 10.5
buf 5.5
car 4.5
chi 8.5
cin 5.5
cle 6.5
dal 9
den 5.5
det 7.5
gb 11.5
hou 8.5
ind 9.5
jax 6
kc 7.5
mia 7.5
min 7
ne 11.5
no 10
nyg 9.5
nyj 10
oak 6.6
phi 10.5
sd 10
sf 7.5
sea 6.5
stl 7.5
tb 8
ten 6.5
was 6.5

Of note, the PACK and pats tie for top with 11.5, panthers are the lowest with 4.5.

I would pick the under on atlanta, we exposed there d and how to attack the oline last year and other team will take note. Also NFCS is one of the toughest divisions with 3 quality teams.
I would pick the over on Indy, how do you bet against a team that has been as consistant as the colts over the past decade.
I would like to pick the under against the bears because screw the bears, but i think they will get about 9 wins this year. If the lions secondary improves, and i hope it doesn't, i would definatley pick the over for them.

mission
08-23-2011, 09:08 PM
Over Detroit
Over KC
Over Cleveland

Why? Because I think they will win more. ;-)

King Friday
08-23-2011, 09:33 PM
Gimme UNDER on Miami.

Brandon494
08-23-2011, 09:33 PM
Ari 6.5 (over) They might have overpaid for Kolb but hes a major upgrade over what they had last season.
atl 10.5 (over) Added Julio Jones to give Matt Ryan another weapon and added pass rusher Ray Edwards to the defense.
bal 10.5 (over) Top defense and added Lee Evans, Ricky Williams, and Leach to the offense.
buf 5.5 (under) Below average QB play and just traded Lee Evans.
car 4.5 (over) Cam will win some games for this team. Also DeAngelo Williams was injuried last season and they added some big targets with Olsen and Shockey.
chi 8.5 (under) They trade Olsen and sign Roy Williams? LMAO
cin 5.5 (under) Rookie ginger at QB
cle 6.5 (under) I'm not buying the McCoy hype and they did little to improve their team this offseason.
dal 9 (over) Romo is back and they dumped Roy Williams. Also Rob Ryan will make them a solid defense again, they got too soft under Wade.
den 5.5 (over) Orton is solid QB and they are switching back to the 4-3 which suits them betters
det 7.5 (over) Their defense is becoming good fast but they need Matthews to stay healthy.
gb 11.5 (over) You already know
hou 8.5 (over) Top 5 offense and added 2 starters to the defense with Joseph and Manning. Also they are switching to the 3-4, Mario Williams=Demarcus Ware.
ind 9.5 (over) Manning will be fine and they get Dallas Clark back
jax 6 (under) Never know what your going to get with Garrard and they lost their top receiver.
kc 7.5 (over) Underrated defense and they added Le'Ron McClain to a already solid running game and Breaston at WR.
mia 7.5 (under) Chad Henne is still their starting QB with Bush and a rookie as their top running backs.
min 7 (over) McNabb still has some game left and Peterson still the best RB in the game.
ne 11.5 (over) They gave Brady another weapon with Ochocinco and upgraded their defense with Haynesworth and Ellis on the D-line.
no 10 (over) They upgrade their running game adding Ingram and Sproles. Sproles fits Bush's old role perfectly and he won't miss half the season with injuries.
nyg 9.5 (under) They just lost their starting CB for the season and lost Steve Smith to a division rival. Sorry Eli your not in the same class as Brady.
nyj 10 (under) Sanchez is over hyped, he had the 3rd lowest cmp% of starting QBs in the NFL last season with 54.8%. They also failed to improve this offseason.
oak 6.6 (over) Darren McFadden is a top 5 RB in the NFL and the Raiders have a underrated defense.
phi 10.5 (over) Dream Team! Seriously too much damn talent especially in the secondary.
sd 10 (over) Jackson is back at WR and they added Sanders and Spikes on defense
sf 7.5 (under) They still have Smith at QB
sea 6.5 (under) Adding Rice and Miller were huge signing but they have Jackson throwing them the ball.
stl 7.5 (over) Sam Bradford showed promised last season and they added Cadillac and Norwood to the backfield with Jackson.
tb 8 (over) Sanchez might get all the attention but Freeman is the best young QB in the NFL.
ten 6.5 (under) As of now until CJ signs.
was 6.5 (under) They are in the strongest conference in the NFL and have Beck as their starting QB.

smuggler
08-23-2011, 10:46 PM
I'll take the over on Tampa, St. Louis, Houston, and Cleveland. I'll take the under on Atlanta.

Guiness
08-24-2011, 02:09 AM
I agree with over on TB.

Under on NYG is looking better as the injuries are piling up. They lost another defender, DT Austin today, and are talking about moving Rolle to CB.

VermontPackFan
08-24-2011, 06:44 AM
I agree with over on TB.

Under on NYG is looking better as the injuries are piling up. They lost another defender, DT Austin today, and are talking about moving Rolle to CB.

Agreed, this one is almost a lock. I root for the Giants but even before the injuries they had question marks on OL (cut 2 long term starters) and there is always the Eli factor but were probably destined for another 9-10 win season. With the injuries, 8-9 wins is more realistic.

Upnorth
08-24-2011, 08:31 AM
Over on tb is a good bet imo. The way they have been building that team is as if ted was running it.

retailguy
08-24-2011, 08:35 AM
I'll take the under on Philly.

bobblehead
08-24-2011, 08:14 PM
How about carolina under 4.5. They play 6 against TB, NO, and Atl. Their QB is a rookie who isn't familiar with pro style and didn't get an offseason. They didn't improve in any way I can see.

Bretsky
08-24-2011, 08:38 PM
AZ OVER
ATL UNDER
TEXANS OVER
TAMPA BAY OVER

Tony Oday
08-24-2011, 10:46 PM
GB in the under 11-5 this year

smuggler
08-24-2011, 10:48 PM
I also think 11-5 is the best bet for us, but it's too close to put money on only .5 on the under side.

Upnorth
08-24-2011, 11:19 PM
I also think 11-5 is the best bet for us, but it's too close to put money on only .5 on the under side.
I put us at 12 - 4, but would not bet on .5 as well.

KYPack
08-25-2011, 09:47 AM
Take Pittsburgh. They don't have 'em on the list & they'll win one game, at least.

Buffalo and Cincy appear on the verge of collapse, dog 'em both