PDA

View Full Version : editing on this site

Harlan Huckleby
08-24-2011, 11:03 AM
maybe I'm slow on the uptake, but I just figured out that you need to go to Forum Actions->General Settings and change "Message Editor Interface" away from the crappy Basic Editor. Otherwise you don't have editing format controls or emoticons.

I'm sure Madtown has a very smart reason for setting the default to the text box. Support for Netscape 2.0 browsers or something.

MadtownPacker
08-24-2011, 03:44 PM
Mfer I'm sure you are plenty fast on the uptake, specifically taking one up the ass from your latest boyfriend.

I think the same result can be achieved by going into the edit screen and then clicking "go advanced". Any setting you see for that are default ones so don't be trying to blame a Mexican like when graffiti shows up on your fence.

red
08-24-2011, 05:15 PM
i got a problem with every time i come in here it tells me threads have new shit that i haven't looked at, even though there's nothing new since the last time i was on a few minutes earlier

even threads that i posted last in, show up as unread

is that just a cookie issue?

mraynrand
08-24-2011, 07:11 PM
iis that just a cookie issue?

Cookies!

http://www.justsaypictures.com/images/cookie-monster-killer.jpg

MadtownPacker
08-24-2011, 07:34 PM
i got a problem with every time i come in here it tells me threads have new shit that i haven't looked at, even though there's nothing new since the last time i was on a few minutes earlier

even threads that i posted last in, show up as unread

is that just a cookie issue?
I was checking out the settings on this last time I was messing with shit. Think there was something to do but I was too fucked up to do it.

Iron Mike
08-24-2011, 07:38 PM
http://static.bored.com/user/1356/media/94f944bd27enhanced_buzz_4653_1277301736_15-2.jpg

red
08-24-2011, 08:11 PM
I was checking out the settings on this last time I was messing with shit. Think there was something to do but I was too fucked up to do it.

well that makes sense

Harlan Huckleby
08-25-2011, 03:33 PM
I think the same result can be achieved by going into the edit screen and then clicking "go advanced". Any setting you see for that are default ones so don't be trying to blame a Mexican like when graffiti shows up on your fence.

the "go advanced" doesn't do the trick, oddly, at least not for me.

I think it is pretty confusing, I guess it would be better to set the default editor to the Advanced WYSIWYG, there must be some way to do that.
only downside would be if it doesn't work in portable devices or something.

MJZiggy
08-25-2011, 09:07 PM
Cookies....someone send cookies.

Harlan Huckleby
09-02-2011, 12:26 AM
Hey, Madtown got rid of the "Last edited by ......" messages.

I asked Madtown to do something, and he did it. This is unbelievable.

In the past, he always did the opposite of ANYTHING I suggested, as a matter of personal policy.