PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Season Preview

VermontPackFan
08-24-2011, 01:58 PM
As told by Andy Benoit @ nytimes.com
In a nutshell, A prett good write up / anaylysis. He predicts a SB letdown but still thinks we take the NFC North crown but doesnt predict anything beyond that. I tried to post the article but was too long and beyond the 10K character limit.
Hopefully the url will post so you can just click and read, I scanned FAQ's quickly but nothing jumped out at me. Any suggestions if it only posts as text?

2011 Green Bay Packers Season Preview

http://fifthdown.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/08/24/2011-green-bay-packers-season-preview/

HarveyWallbangers
08-24-2011, 02:37 PM
I'm surprised somebody still reads the New York Times.

HarveyWallbangers
08-24-2011, 02:39 PM
It was going well until he wrote this.

Donald Driver, Jordy Nelson and James Jones all have stellar speed

Fritz
08-24-2011, 05:12 PM
I love it when somebody with little deep knowledge of a team tries to write this kind of article. Same thing happens on telecasts, when overpaid announcers don't do their homework and say things like "that guard Darrell Colledge is one tough hombre. His teammates love his meanness on the field and the confidence he plays with."

VermontPackFan
08-25-2011, 12:52 PM
Your both right, strictly a fluff piece, thank you sir may I have another...

I was more anxious to post it before someone else did that I forgot read it all the way through, my apologies...

VermontPackFan
08-25-2011, 12:56 PM
I'm surprised somebody still reads the New York Times.

Why it doesnt translate well in Wisconsin? Even though it leans a little too far to the left for my taste, it still is a great read. Except of course for the nonsenical BS fluff pieces they do on NFL football teams.

Pugger
08-25-2011, 01:03 PM
But the author is correct in that we have a superstar at the most important position in football and 2 on defense.

Tony Oday
08-25-2011, 02:09 PM
A top 5 WR is a superstar: Jennings=Superstar. Teams would KILL to have our top 5 WR. I love how a 1200 yard back is just ok...f that. Grant may not rush for 1800-2000 yards but he doesnt fumble and it was a freak injury last year that got him hurt.

On Defense BJ is a stud on the D line and I freaking love Green! Sure he isnt flashy but he leans on a pocket and it collapses. Collins has three pro bowls (didnt realize he had that many) That is a star. Shields, Woodson and Williams I wouldnt trade for ANY group of CBs in the NFL including the August '11 Superbowl Champion Eagles.

I see this team winning 11 games and taking the North and crushing in the playoffs. I also hope we see Capers Extended this year for life...just saying...

pbmax
08-25-2011, 06:09 PM
It was going well until he wrote this.

In his defense, he was describing the speed necessary to allow them to beat a safety, which they all have. An unfortunate adjective, but the underlying assertion is sound. In fact, all of them possess the ability to beat most CBs deep.