PDA

View Full Version : Official Packers vs. Colts Game Day Thread

Pages : 1 [2]

Bossman641
08-26-2011, 10:06 PM
Geez newhouse looks like he was in quick sand

pittstang5
08-26-2011, 10:07 PM
Or I should say it was that way at the beginning of that drive. Might have changed after that.

I swear I saw 78 playing RT...looked horrible.

pbmax
08-26-2011, 10:08 PM
Dominguez at RG, EDS at Center and unknown at LG.

Sherrod with a hold.

Please go for 2.

Harlan Huckleby
Geez newhouse looks like he was in quick sand i think defender judt made outstanding rush

Bossman641
Damn that was nice

pittstang5
GO FOR 2!!!!

pittstang5
What the hell...right?

pittstang5
NICE GOING FOR 2

pbmax
Ryan Taylor is going to make this team.

Upnorth
Way to extend the play for the td,

pittstang5
08-26-2011, 10:09 PM
AWESOME. I love it!

Harlan Huckleby
08-26-2011, 10:10 PM
offsides kick

Bossman641
Taylor has to make this team right? Is crabtree a goner? Is it possible dj gets cut? He has really slowed down after a quick start

pbmax
Of course, onside kick.

Harlan Huckleby
i swear to god i posted offsides kick before they did it

i rock

pittstang5
08-26-2011, 10:11 PM
ONSIDE KICK! WOW. JUST WOW!

Harlan Huckleby
08-26-2011, 10:11 PM
Of course, onside kick.

of course? of course?

Harlan Huckleby
08-26-2011, 10:12 PM
i meant onsides kick. guess i don't rock

gbpackfan
08-26-2011, 10:13 PM
Crosby isnt clutch, dont expect him to make this.

pittstang5
08-26-2011, 10:14 PM
$100 says he misses it.

pbmax
08-26-2011, 10:14 PM
ZING. Game over.

imscott72
08-26-2011, 10:15 PM
MASON IS $$$$$$$$

pittstang5
08-26-2011, 10:16 PM
Damn, lota last minute action a preseason game.

gbpackfan
08-26-2011, 10:16 PM
Great kick. Im glad he proved me wrong, lets see him do it when it matters.

Upnorth
08-26-2011, 10:17 PM
I kinda forgot it was preseason for the last two drives. That was awesome at the end.

Lurker64
08-26-2011, 10:17 PM
I think this is the greatest comeback in the history of the preseason.

Joemailman
08-26-2011, 10:18 PM
You see a kick like that, and it's hard not to wonder why he isn't the league's best kicker.

Joemailman
08-26-2011, 10:21 PM
Link for postgame: http://www.620wtmj.com/shows/listen

denverYooper
08-26-2011, 10:21 PM
$100 says he misses it.

You can send the dough via paypal.

pittstang5
08-26-2011, 10:23 PM
+ 1

pittstang5
08-26-2011, 10:24 PM
You can send the dough via paypal.

Will do

Joemailman
08-26-2011, 10:28 PM

You don't think tonight mattered? :-P :cow:

denverYooper
08-26-2011, 10:29 PM
:lol:

Joemailman
08-26-2011, 10:40 PM
Ryan Taylor made the team tonight.

Chastin West helped himself a bit.

So' Oto and Lattimore will probably battle it out next Thursday. Not sure they can both make it.

pbmax
08-26-2011, 11:07 PM
I have no idea if So'oto can play coverage, but that guy can rush the passer. He might be the third best rusher on the team behind Matthews and Raji. He also help up well on runs.

Walden was stronger on the edge versus the run tonight. OLB corp doesn't look as frightening as it did mid-week with Zombo's injury. Lattimore seems to know how to rush as well, but everyone seems to think he needs a year to bulk up.

Liked some of Green's runs. Lang seemed to play alright, but the O line had a tough night. Clifton needs to get reps.

I didn't see it last week, but Wynn does look like he has taken a step forward.

Bretsky
08-26-2011, 11:17 PM
So oto is undoubtely a media favorite as well. Two outlets called him a quote machine and said for their own purposes they hope he makes the team. I can't imagine them keeping Elmore and cutting this guy

I really like Green

If we could get a 4th round draft pick for Ryan Grant I think I'd jump at that

Lurker64
08-26-2011, 11:25 PM
So oto is undoubtely a media favorite as well. Two outlets called him a quote machine and said for their own purposes they hope he makes the team. I can't imagine them keeping Elmore and cutting this guy

There is a 0.0000% chance that we keep Elmore over anybody at this point. I don't think he survives the cuts due on Tuesday. Did he even play tonight? He didn't show up in the box score.

The problem So'oto (and Lattimore) face is that the Packers may keep one and cut the other. It's possible we just keep 3 ILBs and pencil in Brad Jones as a backup, and keep the four starters, Zombo, So'oto, Lattimore, Jones, and D.J. Smith to be our 9 LBs. I'm not sure you can sneak either Lattimore or So'oto to the PS.

Harlan Huckleby
08-26-2011, 11:57 PM
If we could get a 4th round draft pick for Ryan Grant I think I'd jump at thatthey stilll need him this year, won't find a suitable replacement. nance is not much

RashanGary
08-27-2011, 01:33 AM
I'll bet Green doesn't play much offense until a few weeks in. There is no way MM trusts him to be in the right spot in the passing game or to protect Rodgers. You can't just stick him in there and run or throw screens every time.

He could be an amazing late season boost the way Starks was last season though. I could see Green being a big time playoff contributor if we had an injury.

Brandon494
08-27-2011, 01:47 AM
People need to get over the idea that we don't need Grant. In todays NFL you need more than one RB and with Starks injury history and Green only being a rookie you need a RB you can count on and hes a great locker room guy.

mraynrand
08-27-2011, 08:22 AM
I have no idea if So'oto can play coverage, but that guy can rush the passer. He might be the third best rusher on the team behind Matthews and Raji. He also help up well on runs..

Pass rush skills are at a premium. You can't let DeSoto get away. That model will never come back...

http://image.rodandcustommagazine.com/f/8989247/0708rc_34_z+fat_fenders+1939_desoto.jpg

mraynrand
08-27-2011, 08:25 AM
People need to get over the idea that we don't need Grant. In todays NFL you need more than one RB and with Starks injury history and Green only being a rookie you need a RB you can count on and hes a great locker room guy.

And you kinda hope the Packers need him just a little more. With the O-line questionable, you'd like to see Stubby mix in that run just a bit more. I know he won it all relying heavily on the pass and Rodger's phenomenal play, but he has to protect the franchise as well. The Helmet is not security enough...

http://i453.photobucket.com/albums/qq254/mraynrand/GazooRodgers2.jpg

Bretsky
08-27-2011, 09:29 AM

I think we'd be just fine w/o Grant. I'm fine with keeping him, but we won a SB w/o Grant and I think Green is a better runner than B Jackson and he'll develop into a fine blocker.
Do we need him ? If we did I don't think GB would have went back to him and renegotiated to a lower contract. Good chance he was getting cut if he said no

pbmax
08-27-2011, 09:44 AM

I really like Green

If we could get a 4th round draft pick for Ryan Grant I think I'd jump at that

I think Grant is the hammer for 3 Quarters while Starks gets to be 3rd down back. And while Starks needs to improve on pass protection, he has a better feel for screens and I think that will help take pressure of pass pro.

Then late, you might see Starks or Green get some carries with fresh legs. That's my Half Baked Idea of the Week, brought to you by Sub-Zero and Kraft.

Harlan Huckleby
08-27-2011, 09:50 AM
I think Grant is the hammer for 3 Quarters while Starks gets to be 3rd down back.
starks looks more explosive than grant

pbmax
08-27-2011, 10:08 AM
Mathis hurt his hamstring last night. Freeney was only playing passing downs. No Gary Brackett on defense either.

Brandon494
08-27-2011, 10:15 AM
I think we'd be just fine w/o Grant. I'm fine with keeping him, but we won a SB w/o Grant and I think Green is a better runner than B Jackson and he'll develop into a fine blocker.
Do we need him ? If we did I don't think GB would have went back to him and renegotiated to a lower contract. Good chance he was getting cut if he said no

We won the SB without Finley also, do we not need him as well? Contracts get renegotiated all the time, if there was really a chance of him getting cut they would have done it before his roster bonus kicked in. He took a $1 million pay cut, you really think the Packers would have cut him over that? Especially the way both Starks and Green have been struggling in pass proctection.

Bretsky
08-27-2011, 11:11 AM
We won the SB without Finley also, do we not need him as well? Contracts get renegotiated all the time, if there was really a chance of him getting cut they would have done it before his roster bonus kicked in. He took a $1 million pay cut, you really think the Packers would have cut him over that? Especially the way both Starks and Green have been struggling in pass proctection.

Finley is a rising star and nobody behind him is comparable to offering what Finley offers. Grant is 29 and is probably in his last year with Green Bay as I fully expect the Packers to move on without much effort in brining him back next year.

I have a completely different take on whether the RB's there could come close to giving us what Grant gives us.

My oponion would be absoluty yes, I think the chance was strong he would have been cut if he said no to the restructure.

Honestly neither of us have any idea how that all went down.

I've only witnessed first hand via the show hard knocks on HBO that teams undoubtedly do bring in players and ask their agent if the client will take a pay cut and let him know if he refuses they intend to release him so he has time to go elsewhere. I think that is exactly what GB did, and perhaps Grant negotiated a bit but in the end he agreed to the pay cut and in all probability will now make the team.

Brandon494
08-27-2011, 11:45 AM
You could be right about the negotiation part. I'm fine with moving on with Grant after this year but I want a full season from Starks and Green before we have them as our main running backs. I do think both players will end up being studs for us though once they get a little more experience.

pbmax
08-27-2011, 11:47 AM

While we cannot be sure, we do know Grant thought he would be cut. Perhaps it was a bluff on the part of the Packers, but there is no other explanation for accepting the deal.

Pugger
08-27-2011, 12:12 PM
You could be right about the negotiation part. I'm fine with moving on with Grant after this year but I want a full season from Starks and Green before we have them as our main running backs. I do think both players will end up being studs for us though once they get a little more experience.

I hear ya. I do not want our running game in the hands of basically 2 rookies. Until Starks can show he can stay healthy and Green is around for a while longer it would be foolhardy to get rid of Grant. I thought Grant ran hard last night too.

HarveyWallbangers
08-27-2011, 01:20 PM
I have a different take on the Grant restructure. Supposedly, the restructuring happened at the beginning of camp. Hardly enough time to evaluate whether he was going to rebound from his injury and hardly enough time to evaluate the young RBs on the roster (since they didn't get to see those guys this offseason). Thus, I think the Packers knew they had leverage on Grant. Coming off a knee injury, they knew that Grant would likely not be able to get $3.75M/year on the open market, so they used this leverage to give them more room to resign Finley, Sitton, Nelson, etc. I really don't think it's an indictment on where he's at in his rehab. Just playing the leverage game. Grant is also somebody who used leverage to get a new deal after one big deal, so they knew his agent knew how the game worked. The fact that they gave him his offseason bonus and then agreed to a guaranteed contract tells me that he looked sufficiently healed enough that they wanted him on the team. To me, Grant doesn't look that different than before. Decent runner who makes you say WTF on occasion because he seemingly missed a hole. His speed looks to be the same. I think he needs some time to get his strength back to 100%.

Lurker64
08-27-2011, 01:26 PM
... Coming off a knee injury...

It was an ankle, not a knee.

Brandon494
08-27-2011, 01:44 PM
Hes not flashy but hes a dependable north to south runner who rarely fumbles. Starks is the better back and should get more carries this season. I think they will end up rotating every other series with Starks being the 3rd down back. Its going to be hard for Green to get carries with season.

Brandon494
08-27-2011, 01:54 PM
Colts are now 4-26 in their last 30 preseason games.

Iron Mike
08-27-2011, 02:34 PM
Colts are now 4-26 in their last 30 preseason games.

That calls for a Manningface:

http://cinesnark.files.wordpress.com/2010/02/manning-face.jpg

gbgary
08-27-2011, 02:53 PM
lol

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_LpHIAQcyjZU/S3BSgltrlAI/AAAAAAAAANE/tbqKeMCYfAs/s400/manning-face.jpg

Guiness
08-27-2011, 03:21 PM
Never really like Manning's play, especially the chicken dance before the snap. But if this is really the beginning of the end as many are saying, I will be a little sad to see him leave the league.

You can dislike him, but you have to respect the way he played the game. Although not the way he treated his team mates at times (idiot kicker, and criticism of OL come to mind).

TravisWilliams23
08-27-2011, 05:11 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_LpHIAQcyjZU/S3BSgltrlAI/AAAAAAAAANE/tbqKeMCYfAs/s400/manning-face.jpg

Spit or swallow?

Brandon494
08-27-2011, 05:26 PM
Never really like Manning's play, especially the chicken dance before the snap. But if this is really the beginning of the end as many are saying, I will be a little sad to see him leave the league.

You can dislike him, but you have to respect the way he played the game. Although not the way he treated his team mates at times (idiot kicker, and criticism of OL come to mind).

He might miss a game or two but his career is far from over.

pbmax
08-28-2011, 10:03 AM

From a team perspective, the kicker deserved it. Even if there was a grain of truth to his contention, he shouldn't be spouting off to the press on such a topic. I thought Manning was given too much credit for putting him in his place, but someone needed to.

The "protection issues" comment was a misstep, but not a major one. Had he not prefaced it with the weaselly "trying to be a good teammate" line, no one would have noticed, since the QB is part of the protection calls.

But even though he seems willing to laugh at himself, he isn't exactly furry and lovable like Brady. But he is the best QB of his generation and only Brady is close. He will be missed.