PDA

View Full Version : Official "Jump to Conclusions Based on the Third Preseason Game Thread"

Guiness
08-26-2011, 10:45 PM
Rodgers gets sacked 4 times??? Going to be carrying him out on a stretcher sooner rather than later:evil:
Fix that OL! Who were those sacks on?

MJZiggy
08-26-2011, 10:46 PM
Time to panic. No points at all in the 3rd quarter? Really? Where was the damned defense?

mission
08-26-2011, 10:48 PM
Definitely time to panic.

denverYooper
08-26-2011, 10:49 PM
Mike Neal will never see the field.

Joemailman
08-26-2011, 10:52 PM
Clifton is finished.
Packers don't need Greg Jennings.
Driver can't catch.
Burnett doesn't have a clue.
Matthews is the only player who will get a sack this year.

pittstang5
08-26-2011, 10:53 PM
Rodgers gets sacked 4 times??? Going to be carrying him out on a stretcher sooner rather than later:evil:
Fix that OL! Who were those sacks on?

At least two on Clifton, one on Sitton, don't know about the other one.

pbmax
08-26-2011, 11:08 PM
At least two on Clifton, one on Sitton, don't know about the other one.

Newhouse or Sherman, it was on the RT in the fourth quarter.

Bossman641
08-26-2011, 11:11 PM
Newhouse or Sherman, it was on the RT in the fourth quarter.
I think rodgers got sacked 4 times but I only remember 3.

Bretsky
08-26-2011, 11:11 PM
Jarrett Bush is stellar on special teams and horseshit in the secondary

Lurker64
08-26-2011, 11:29 PM
McCarthy still hasn't figured out the Tampa 2, that defense is like Kryptonite for him.

Third down back is going to be a problem, since McCarthy had Starks penciled in there and Starks isn't really interested in the job, he wants to start and the problem is that he *should* be starting.

We're keeping 5 WRs, at least one of West, Gurley, and Borel will clear waivers so we can put him on the PS.

What the hell happened to James Jones? I don't think we've even thrown in his direction once this preseason?

Clay Matthews is the single most important player for our defense.

mraynrand
08-26-2011, 11:39 PM
Stubby really hates to go against tendency. He just thinks he can run any play he wants whenever he wants. Needs to run a few times on obvious third and 5-7 to confuse the pass rush. O-line blocking is terrible. Do they remember that Rodgers had multiple concussions last year. You'd think they were pass protecting for Amadinejad the way they let people crush Rodgers. Horrible, Marv, Horrible!

mraynrand
08-26-2011, 11:49 PM
I think scoring is going to be down significantly due to the kickoff rule change. If you like defense and punts, you'll enjoy this season more.

Lurker64
08-27-2011, 12:02 AM
I think scoring is going to be down significantly due to the kickoff rule change. If you like defense and punts, you'll enjoy this season more.

What if I like defense but not punts?

Harlan Huckleby
08-27-2011, 12:03 AM
i like the new kickoff. when they run out of the endzone, typically the wind up around the 20. good, as it should be. the old rule made big returns too easy.

HarveyWallbangers
08-27-2011, 12:15 AM
i like the new kickoff. when they run out of the endzone, typically the wind up around the 20. good, as it should be. the old rule made big returns too easy.

I kind of agree with you. And with our special teams, I'm in favor of minimizing the impact of special teams. :)

smuggler
08-27-2011, 12:50 AM
Just to point this out, So'oto got a sack against the #1 RT for the Colts, whatever that's worth. We pulled some of our guys before the Colts did.

RG Josh Sitton was beaten on the inside by Tommie Harris for his second sack allowed in as many weeks.

Clifton took two, and Aaron Rodgers was guilty for the 4th (sack for no gain)

MadScientist
08-27-2011, 01:04 AM
Finley is injury prone - one half and a sprained ankle. Ugh.

James Campen is to OL coaches what Matt Millen was to GM's. Even Sitton is whiffing. And as bad as pass protection was, run blocking was even worse. Totally unprepared to block even a high school defense.

HarveyWallbangers
08-27-2011, 01:31 AM
Ugh on Finley! Hope it isn't a high ankle sprain. Nelson went out. I thought I saw him get up gimpy after that long catch and run. Sounds like it's just a bruise.

RashanGary
08-27-2011, 01:34 AM

Quit overreacting.

RashanGary
08-27-2011, 01:36 AM
Tim Masthay is the greatest punter the NFL has ever seen.

Brandon494
08-27-2011, 01:41 AM
I think people are overacting over the preseason because of the lockout and no OTAs.

Brandon494
08-27-2011, 01:44 AM
Also West and So'oto are making this team.

smuggler
08-27-2011, 02:41 AM
I have seen more of Lattimore than I have of D.J. Smith. The trio of those two dudes and So'oto can't all make the roster, can they?

Brandon494
08-27-2011, 03:02 AM
I see Lattimore going to the PS, he needs to put more weight. DJ Smith had a rough night but he'll still make the team over Crabtree.

Upnorth
08-27-2011, 07:32 AM
The promo line to start the 2012 season opener will say "Can the Packers three peat?"
Really, now I'm back to worrying about the o line.

mraynrand
08-27-2011, 08:10 AM
I see Lattimore going to the PS, he needs to put more weight. DJ Smith had a rough night but he'll still make the team over Crabtree.

Another player making the team in place of Crabtree! You know, Crabtree is just one guy with just one roster spot! :lol:

mraynrand
08-27-2011, 08:12 AM
What if I like defense but not punts?

You can't have your cake and eat it too.

mraynrand
08-27-2011, 08:13 AM

NFL fans in general hate returns for touchdowns - they're too easy and not exciting in any way. This isn't Arena football for crissakes!

Brandon494
08-27-2011, 09:02 AM
Another player making the team in place of Crabtree! You know, Crabtree is just one guy with just one roster spot! :lol:

My bad I meant to say DJ Williams not Smith.

Bub
08-27-2011, 09:07 AM
Long time spectator here. Usually I just sit back and watch you guys bicker….any ways, I’ll contribute to the over-reaction, just today….

Looks like we’ve been hitting the kool-aide in regards to Sitton-Bulaga. They’ve gotten beaten numerous times for sacks and the run game is non-existent to both sides, not just the left. Everyone sees Sitton as the “next best thing….”. I don’t see it.

Clifton is playing like the oldest LT in the game. He started slowly last few years…I’m hoping he can pick it up once again. How’d he make the Pro-Bowl?

I was afraid CM may have lost some of that burst….nope. He needs to stay healthy. It looks like the GB brass know that as well.

Same with Woodson….nope.

James Jones? Has he caught a ball yet? I did see that he was a starter today ahead of Nelson so maybe the coaches have seen something in him.

I thought our DL was supposed to be decent against the run. They were getting gashed against a team that really couldn’t pass. Indy had the 4th worse rushing game last year and we made them look decent, even with them not having a qb that should be respected. I hope we can find a decent DL cut/trade from another team.

Burnett looks like a rookie.

Bush was back to his old self on Def. I thought maybe he might be a serviceable bench db….nope. He looked lost. I hate him….again.

I thought DJ Smith looked decent. He just needs to get a little stronger and be able to finish. He’s a 6th round rook.

I thought Lee rebounded a little.

I don’t see Crab getting cut although he didn’t show much in the preseason so far. He was playing during the 2nd snap of the game.

Did Nance play? Kuhn?

I wonder if DJ Williams is just a practice star. I haven’t heard his name much when it pseudo-counts.

We have a punter. Looks like we picked the right one last year.

Special teams look decent too, besides the one long return to Gilreath (SP?)

pbmax
08-27-2011, 09:29 AM

EDIT: Wrong thread. I forgot this is jump to conclusions. Bush has regressed to 2009 again.

Harlan Huckleby
08-27-2011, 09:29 AM
Also West and So'oto are making this team.

maybe and maybe.

every damn year there is a RB or WR who looks great in preseason and gets cut.

pbmax
08-27-2011, 09:33 AM

Good thing we have discovered ROBOPUNTER.

pbmax
08-27-2011, 09:34 AM
I kind of agree with you. And with our special teams, I'm in favor of minimizing the impact of special teams. :)

I would be stunned if teams keep running it out from 7-9 yards deep. That is 30 yards of return to get to the 20. The risk of turnover is greater than the chance to break one at this point, isn't it?

pbmax
08-27-2011, 09:35 AM
Ugh on Finley! Hope it isn't a high ankle sprain. Nelson went out. I thought I saw him get up gimpy after that long catch and run. Sounds like it's just a bruise.

McCarthy said both wanted to go back in, for what that's worth. But he held them back for treatment.

Harlan Huckleby
08-27-2011, 09:47 AM
I would be stunned if teams keep running it out from 7-9 yards deep. That is 30 yards of return to get to the 20. The risk of turnover is greater than the chance to break one at this point, isn't it?

it isn't just breaking one, you also have the positive possibility of getting more modest field position improvements. i don't think chance of turnover factors in very much, you can't play football so tentatively

Brandon494
08-27-2011, 09:55 AM
maybe and maybe.

every damn year there is a RB or WR who looks great in preseason and gets cut.

You'll see, you should know by now that I know what I'm talking about ;)

Harlan Huckleby
08-27-2011, 10:00 AM
You'll see, you should know by know that I know what I'm talking about ;) everybody and their sister expected Lang to beat out the gangely Sherrod in the end. You have the football insights of my sister

MJZiggy
08-27-2011, 10:51 AM
Good thing we have discovered ROBOPUNTER. And seemingly a speedy gunner. Now if only he can hit the target on the first shot...

Guiness
08-27-2011, 11:10 AM

You're guessing there, so that's close enough to jumping to a conclusion, but you're walking the line, I tell you!

Fritz
08-27-2011, 12:00 PM
We're doomed. Utterly doomed.

Did Adrian Barbre play last night?

Willard
08-27-2011, 12:05 PM

That is 1 or 2 more than the perpetually concussed Rodgers remembers this morning.

denverYooper
08-27-2011, 12:11 PM
If Finley stays healthy, he'll have 20 TDs this year.

gbgary
08-27-2011, 02:38 PM
Clifton is finished.
Packers don't need Greg Jennings.
Driver can't catch.
Burnett doesn't have a clue.
Matthews is the only player who will get a sack this year.

quality conclusions there. couldn't have done any better.

Scott Campbell
08-27-2011, 03:10 PM

That rule was tailor made for the crap we trot out there.

King Friday
08-27-2011, 03:22 PM
The free agent loss we are most going to miss is Brandon Jackson.

Guiness
08-27-2011, 03:23 PM
quality conclusions there. couldn't have done any better.

If Finley stays healthy, he'll have 20 TDs this year.

So is that!

Upnorth
08-27-2011, 05:51 PM

LOL, I want to make that my signature!

Joemailman
08-27-2011, 05:58 PM

If so, we are in for a very good year.

bobblehead
08-27-2011, 07:21 PM
Can't believe I am the first to declare Ryan Taylor a future all pro who will make it unnecessary to resign Finley.

ThunderDan
08-27-2011, 07:31 PM

I think that teams are trying it in the preseason to see if they can get past the 20 on a regular basis. I think once the regular season starts they will stay in the endzone for a touchback.

Brando19
08-27-2011, 08:17 PM
The free agent loss we are most going to miss is Cullen Jenkins.

Fixed

denverYooper
08-27-2011, 09:42 PM
The Lions are going to get 70 sacks this year.

Fritz
08-27-2011, 09:58 PM
And score 38 points per game.

Brandon494
08-28-2011, 03:59 AM
Can't believe I am the first to declare Ryan Taylor a future all pro who will make it unnecessary to keep Crabtree.

fixed

bobblehead
08-28-2011, 05:00 AM
fixed

This is the jump to conclusions thread. We know Crab is gone, I am looking at the big contract finley is getting next year.

Brandon494
08-28-2011, 05:27 AM
I know just saying Finley isn't going anywhere.

imscott72
08-28-2011, 07:38 AM
Matt Flynn will go to the Pro Bowl..

Fritz
08-28-2011, 09:04 AM
Graham Harrell will be the Seattle Seahawks' starting QB in three seasons.

denverYooper
08-28-2011, 11:28 AM
Graham Harrell will be the Seattle Seahawks' starting QB in three seasons.

Graham Harrell is clutch. He's got "it".

Iron Mike
08-28-2011, 12:41 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if Havner, Swain and Sherman are released soon.....

easy cheesy
08-28-2011, 12:50 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if Havner, Swain and Sherman are released soon.....

You just might be onto something there.... hmmm....

bobblehead
08-28-2011, 08:51 PM

I have said this from the start. The only 2 guys I cared about resigning were JJ and BJ. We landed one, but I wanted AR's bodyguard back.

bobblehead
08-28-2011, 08:52 PM
I know just saying Finley isn't going anywhere.

Then you aren't overreacting in the true nature this thread was intended.

retailguy
08-28-2011, 10:24 PM
We're doomed. Utterly doomed.

Did Adrian Barbre play last night?

yes, he played left tackle in Clifton's jersey.

Zool
08-29-2011, 09:00 AM
My arm is stronger than Harrells. The guy better make some giant leap before the next draft or he'll be on the outside looking in.

mraynrand
08-29-2011, 09:07 AM
My arm is stronger than Harrells.

But can you shut down Darrin Charles? Hmmm?

http://www.tsxdata.com/NFL/mugs/coldarrincharles.jpg

Zool
08-29-2011, 09:09 AM
But can you shut down Darrin Charles? Hmmm?

http://www.tsxdata.com/NFL/mugs/coldarrincharles.jpg

I did not, but just like Mr Harrell I can't throw a quick out fast enough to get it past the defenders when they make a break.

Viva la Matt Flynn!

woodbuck27
08-29-2011, 01:10 PM
Quit overreacting.

yeaa! Where's the confidence factor. It's just pre-season, Ladies and gentleman.

RELAX. We'll be just ine. Tuning up!! Folks.

GO PACKERS !

woodbuck27
08-29-2011, 03:24 PM
yeaa! Where's the confidence factor. It's just pre-season, Ladies and gentleman.

RELAX and believe that, we'll be just fine. Pre-Season »»»' JUST tuning up ' folks.

GO PACKERS !

http://www.nfl.com/teams/depthchart?team=GB

It's where MM and his coaching staff fill this chart with TT's help that will count; that will be very good. BELIEVE...as that's important for us fans this season. Good Kharma.

Pen it in as we're all seeing it resolved to our teams 53-Man Roster. Good starting line-up with depth at most positions. It will take some time for our teams OL to jell. We do need that running game to come through this season to repeat. Yes it's a concern to see Aaron Rodgers get punished and that has to stop.

We need something more @ LT than we're seeing. Chad Clifton is about done. He's had a solid career but it has to end soon. We'll be seeing the great Donald Driver's final games. Both outstanding Green Bay Packer contributors that we've enjoyed immensely. I'll hate to see DD go. . . same for Chad Clifton but it must end sometime. I know it's coming to that.

Both are favourite ALLTIME PACKER pour moi.

It's about now and the start of 2011. BELIEVE.

- OFFENSE -

FB --
RB --
QB --
WR --
WR --
RT --
RG --
C --
LG --
LT --
TE -

- DEFENSE -

CB --
DE --
NT --
DE --
CB --
LB --
LB --
LB --
LB --
SS --
FS -

SPECIAL TEAMS

KR -
K -
H -
P -
PR -
LS -

Legend:

Offense:

QB: Quarterback
LT: Left tackle
RB: Running back
LG: Left guard
FB: Fullback
C: Center
WR: Wide receiver
RG: Right guard
TE: Tight end
RT: Right tackle

Defense:

DE: Defensive end
CB: Cornerback
DT: Defensive tackle
SS: Strong safety
NT: Nose tackle
FS: Free safety
LB: Linebacker

Special teams:

K: Kicker
P: Punter
KR: Kick returner
PR: Punt returner
LS: Long snapper
H: Holder

MM and OUR Team's Coaching Staff and OUR outstanding GM Ted Thompson. BELIEVE in 2011.

GO PACK GO !

woodbuck27
08-29-2011, 03:29 PM
yes, he played left tackle in Clifton's jersey.

Your shitin' us retaiguy. Too funny man. (-: X 100 %

The man in desguise.

Bossman641
08-29-2011, 05:13 PM
Starting to get a little worried about Finley after the ankle sprain, even if it's not serious. He seems to take a lot of shots to his knees/legs. He runs so tall and doesn't seem to get compact at all when he is about to take a hit. Really hoping I am wrong.

smuggler
08-29-2011, 09:34 PM
wrap him in bubble packaging material until the playoffs!!