PDA

View Full Version : Bears release Gholston

Guiness
08-29-2011, 06:16 PM
Vernon Gholston was released by the Bears as they cut down to 80.

What a washout. I'd guess that's pretty close to the end of the line for him. Someone else might have him in for a look, but I think it's a give that his career is pretty much done at this point.

There seems to be some confusion about whether or not Chester Taylor has also been cut. He says the Bears told him he was cut, but he wasn't on the list today.

Not many other notable cuts today. Dallas cut last year's starting center, Andre Gurode. Broncos cut Nate Jones, a veteran CB who I think was brought in as part of McDaniels free agent extravaganza experiment.

Jax cut Todd Bouman, a 13 year vet QB who started 7 games his entire career. He had a cup of coffee in GB when Aaron Rodger's got hurt in '06. 13 years though...he was just good enough to stick around. Backup NFL QB is quite a job. We had a thread about another guy like this a while back.

ND72
08-29-2011, 06:56 PM
Wish I could suck enough to make $550,000 a year.

smuggler
08-29-2011, 09:33 PM
Huh. Glad he didn't impress the Bears. I thought me might have been a serviceable backup for them in the 4-3.

cheesner
08-30-2011, 02:19 PM
I think we should bring him in, it wouldn't hurt. Also we should bring in Gurode. We shouldn't bring in the others because I have never heard of them.

Come on TT! Do your job! We need veteran leadership.

Fritz
08-30-2011, 02:36 PM
Agreed: anyone whom I've heard of, any former "big name" should be brought in. All others should be ignored because I will automatically think they suck since I have not heard of them.