PDA

View Full Version : Danger! Will Rodgers be distracted?

HarveyWallbangers
08-30-2011, 02:49 PM
Wasn't he dating the lead singer of Lady Antebellum awhile back?

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/128665803.html

Kid Rock, Lady Antebellum, Maroon 5 are NFL Kickoff artists

pbmax
08-30-2011, 03:09 PM
That concert lineup is terrible.

Zool
08-30-2011, 03:12 PM
That concert lineup is terrible.

You ain't lyin. That's one shitty lineup.

Fritz
08-30-2011, 04:48 PM
Maroon 5? That shitty band where the lead singer kinda sounds like Frankie Vallie? Really?

BTW, the thread title is wrong - it's not "Danger Will Rodgers," it's "Danger, Will Robinson! Danger!"

MadScientist
08-30-2011, 05:03 PM
Rodgers gets linked to lots of hot young women, usually a different one every time he is photographed. I don't think he will be distracted by a women he's already been with.

Joemailman
08-30-2011, 05:03 PM
What? Weren't Da Yoopers available?

HarveyWallbangers
08-30-2011, 05:04 PM
Maroon 5? That shitty band where the lead singer kinda sounds like Frankie Vallie? Really?

BTW, the thread title is wrong - it's not "Danger Will Rodgers," it's "Danger, Will Robinson! Danger!"

I thought it was a funny play on "Danger, Will Robinson!" But apparently not so funny.
:)

Freak Out
08-30-2011, 05:54 PM
Who is in charge of booking music for NFL gigs? Just horrible.

pbmax
08-30-2011, 06:17 PM
Wilde and Bill Johnson were on Twitter asking for suggestions about replacement acts. If I know Bill Johnson, he probably maintains that everyone will complain but that no one can do a better job pleasing everyone. My response is that they should at least stop trying to impress no one at all. Kid Rock? Spring Break 1997 maybe.

I would book the Violent Femmes for the Wisconsin connection, fans around 40 and the added benefit of frightening parents (now grandparents) again just with the name of the band.

HarveyWallbangers
08-30-2011, 06:39 PM
The BoDeans just made a Packers song. Bring them and the Femmes in. I saw the Femmes in 1997 at First Avenue. They ribbed the Minnesota fans.

Guiness
08-30-2011, 06:45 PM
Complaining about those acts? Would you all rather the Black Eyed Peas do a command performance?

The Femmes, however, would be some kind of cool. As long as they don't have a big Wendy's banner up on the stage.

MJZiggy
08-30-2011, 07:14 PM
I thought it was a funny play on "Danger, Will Robinson!" But apparently not so funny.

I got it (but not until Fritz posted).

Fritz
08-30-2011, 07:44 PM
It was funny, harv. That's why I posted what I did.

Joemailman
08-30-2011, 08:18 PM
Well I think we know hoe Maroon 5 got the gig.

Band Members:

Adam Levine – lead vocals, rhythm guitar (1994–present)
Jesse Carmichael – keyboards, rhythm guitar, backing vocals (1994–present)
Mickey Madden – bass guitar (1994–present)
James Valentine – lead guitar, backing vocals (2001–present)
Matt Flynn – drums, percussion (2006–present)

Deputy Nutz
08-30-2011, 08:50 PM
What the fuck is wrong with Kid Rock?

Guiness
08-30-2011, 09:02 PM

He married Madonna? Or Britney Spears? Oh wait, it was Pamela Anderson.

Never mind.

MJZiggy
08-30-2011, 09:28 PM
Pamela Anderson married Madonna?

Cheesehead Craig
08-30-2011, 10:04 PM

Agree. Rock kicks ass.

swede
08-30-2011, 10:15 PM
Rodgers gets linked to lots of hot young women, usually a different one every time he is photographed. I don't think he will be distracted by a women he's already been with.

Well where are we going to find one he's NOT been with?

MadScientist
08-30-2011, 10:54 PM

Well where are we going to find one he's NOT been with?

Jenn Sterger?

gbgary
08-30-2011, 11:03 PM
Danger! Will Ro...

http://www.jefferyvincent.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/forbidden-planet-robby.jpg

Tony Oday
08-31-2011, 07:33 AM
Kid Rock is amazing in concert, Lady A is a country powerhouse and satisfies the "wholesome" quotiant and Maroon 5 works for bus fare maybe?

sheepshead
08-31-2011, 07:59 AM
http://http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e102/heymike0308/WillRogers.jpg

sheepshead
08-31-2011, 08:00 AM
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e102/heymike0308/WillRogers.jpg

SkinBasket
08-31-2011, 08:11 AM
[/IMG]

Brilliant work there.

sheepshead
08-31-2011, 08:21 AM
Brilliant work there.

A proud forum moment.

Zool
08-31-2011, 08:56 AM
Fuck Kid Rock in his no talent, country/rock/rap ass. Lowest common denominator in music piece of shit. I'd rather listen to this forum do a fart concerto for 6 hours.

Tony Oday
08-31-2011, 08:57 AM
Fuck Kid Rock in his no talent, country/rock/rap ass. Lowest common denominator in music piece of shit. I'd rather listen to this forum do a fart concerto for 6 hours.
So you have never seen him perform then.

Zool
08-31-2011, 09:16 AM
So you have never seen him perform then.

No but then again I've never seen 7 penguins rape a seal. I don't want to watch that either.

SkinBasket
08-31-2011, 09:33 AM
No but then again I've never seen 7 penguins rape a seal. I don't want to watch that either.

Why the fuck not? I'm really starting to question your manhood here.

pbmax
08-31-2011, 09:36 AM
Agree. Rock kicks ass.

Nope, don't like him. That song that mixed Sweet Home Alabama and Werewolves in London was terrible. If you are going to sample something, sample someTHING, not two entire songs minus lyrics and a guitar solo.

Though its probably the reason he got this gig, after all, Michigan and Wisconsin are connected by two lakes, aren't they?

/old man rant over

pbmax
08-31-2011, 09:59 AM
Here we go. My third band for the concert. Violent Femmes, BoDeans and some Oldies:

http://deadspin.com/5835983/the-lead-singer-of-iron-maiden-will-fly-folks-stranded-by-the-hurricane-to-iceland

Guaranteed to keep away the young and the old alike. Only people 35 to 45 will come close.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xR4TZsZOPU&ob=av2n

mraynrand
08-31-2011, 11:11 AM
Nope, don't like him. That song that mixed Sweet Home Alabama and Werewolves in London was terrible. If you are going to sample something, sample someTHING, not two entire songs minus lyrics and a guitar solo.

Though its probably the reason he got this gig, after all, Michigan and Wisconsin are connected by two lakes, aren't they?

/old man rant over

You have to give him some credit - it takes a special performer to ruin two songs at the same time.

pbmax
08-31-2011, 11:14 AM
The Icelandic flight raises an interesting question:

Who would you trust as you flight's Captain more, Bruce Dickenson or John Travolta?

mraynrand
08-31-2011, 11:18 AM
Speaking of Lady Antebellum, didn't she sample "Eye in the Sky" for her 'mega-hit?' Maybe they could just have a DJ and a disco ball instead. And rent the 'Continental Room' at the Holiday Inn. The money they save could go to pensions and healthcare for those older veterans who are living in abandoned pickups or train stations and drooling on themselves.

Please won't you help?

http://www.post-gazette.com/images2/20020925websterBGI09_230.jpg

Pugger
08-31-2011, 11:22 AM
Who is in charge of booking music for NFL gigs? Just horrible.

Why does the NFL think we need a mini concert at every big football game? I'm there at the stadium or tuning into the TV to see a football game, not a rock concert.

Zool
08-31-2011, 11:40 AM
The Icelandic flight raises an interesting question:

Who would you trust as you flight's Captain more, Bruce Dickenson or John Travolta?

JFK Jr

Too soon?

pbmax
08-31-2011, 11:46 AM
Why does the NFL think we need a mini concert at every big football game? I'm there at the stadium or tuning into the TV to see a football game, not a rock concert.

Its not just a football game, its Kickoff Weekend. You can't afford to just have football and alienate people who don't want to watch football.

pbmax
08-31-2011, 11:54 AM
JFK Jr

Too soon?

Nope. But I would prefer the Big Bopper's pilot.

denverYooper
08-31-2011, 12:17 PM
Here we go. My third band for the concert. Violent Femmes, BoDeans and some Oldies:
<vid>

He's got an obscene number of Toms.

pbmax
08-31-2011, 12:20 PM
He's got an obscene number of Toms.

Drum kit envy? :D

Joemailman
08-31-2011, 12:54 PM
Nope. But I would prefer the Big Bopper's pilot.

Flying Lynyrd Skynyrd's plane?

http://scrapetv.com/News/News%20Pages/Entertainment/images-2/plane-crash.jpg

pbmax
08-31-2011, 01:03 PM
Flying Lynyrd Skynyrd's plane?

http://scrapetv.com/News/News%20Pages/Entertainment/images-2/plane-crash.jpg

Well, you don't need to be a NTSB investigator to figure that one out. Shouldn't have been flying upside down.

gbgary
08-31-2011, 03:07 PM
as long as someone doesn't make a stevie ray vaughan helicopter reference. :/

Pugger
08-31-2011, 06:38 PM
Its not just a football game, its Kickoff Weekend. You can't afford to just have football and alienate people who don't want to watch football.

This is silly. The league doesn't want to alienate non-football fans?? :shock: Think about what you are saying. If a person is going to the symphony the concert hall isn't gonna put the Rolling Stones on the under card so they won't alienate folks that don't like classical music. Most of the folks who tune into a football game are football fans and folks that go to the symphony are classical buffs.

Zool
09-01-2011, 08:54 AM
This is silly. The league doesn't want to alienate non-football fans?? :shock: Think about what you are saying. If a person is going to the symphony the concert hall isn't gonna put the Rolling Stones on the under card so they won't alienate folks that don't like classical music. Most of the folks who tune into a football game are football fans and folks that go to the symphony are classical buffs.

He just MIGHT have been using sarcasm to drive a point home.

pbmax
09-01-2011, 08:57 AM

I agree with you. But if you were in charge of getting 10% growth in revenues on a regular basis then you need to attract as many eyeballs as possible. To the NFL, its nothing more than pop music at halftime of the Super Bowl. Or the concert that precedes it.

Put another way, would you prefer to watch a concert or another hour of Bradshaw and Glazer chuckling at each other?

Pugger
09-01-2011, 09:20 AM
I agree with you. But if you were in charge of getting 10% growth in revenues on a regular basis then you need to attract as many eyeballs as possible. To the NFL, its nothing more than pop music at halftime of the Super Bowl. Or the concert that precedes it.

Put another way, would you prefer to watch a concert or another hour of Bradshaw and Glazer chuckling at each other? Egad, not that!! :shock: :lol: :wink:

VermontPackFan
09-01-2011, 10:54 AM

Other than he looks like a sleezy panty waste and cant sing for shit, nothing...:)

VermontPackFan
09-01-2011, 10:57 AM
JFK Jr

Too soon?

Nope, he is open game...:)

ThunderDan
09-01-2011, 11:00 AM
as long as someone doesn't make a stevie ray vaughan helicopter reference. :/

I was at that concert. First one at Alpine.

pbmax
09-01-2011, 10:35 PM

As was I. You are the third person I have talked to who was there. Didn't know about it until the next morning driving to work and the radio said something like, "No, earlier reports were inaccurate, Eric Clapton was not on the helicopter that crashed".

gbgary
09-01-2011, 10:41 PM

As was I. You are the third person I have talked to who was there. Didn't know about it until the next morning driving to work and the radio said something like, "No, earlier reports were inaccurate, Eric Clapton was not on the helicopter that crashed".

wow. would have loved to see the late, great, SRV in person.

pbmax
09-01-2011, 11:21 PM
wow. would have loved to see the late, great, SRV in person.

Robert Cray was a little lost (for me anyway) in that setting. He was great to listen to, but its hard being a singer-guitarist in a huge outdoor venue and holding everyone's attention. Clapton was fine, though I wasn't as impressed as I thought I would be.

Stevie stole the show. I think this was after he got sober. Also played well in the jam at the end with the three main acts plus Buddy Guy.

denverYooper
09-01-2011, 11:45 PM
Drum kit envy? :D

I'm a bass player (upright and guitar). I'd flog a drummer for showing up to a gig with that many toms.

MJZiggy
09-02-2011, 05:40 PM
Speaking of distracted...

Freak Out
09-02-2011, 05:51 PM
Robert Cray was a little lost (for me anyway) in that setting. He was great to listen to, but its hard being a singer-guitarist in a huge outdoor venue and holding everyone's attention. Clapton was fine, though I wasn't as impressed as I thought I would be.

Stevie stole the show. I think this was after he got sober. Also played well in the jam at the end with the three main acts plus Buddy Guy.

I saw SRV three times.....twice during his boozing/drug years and the tour with Joe Cocker (sober). The venue for the Cocker concert sucked ass and ruined it....I wish he was drinking because he would have ended up at a bar in town playing. The first two shows were much smaller in venue and he fucking killed....he WAS channeling Hendrix.

gbgary
09-02-2011, 08:22 PM
I saw SRV three times.....twice during his boozing/drug years and the tour with Joe Cocker (sober). The venue for the Cocker concert sucked ass and ruined it....I wish he was drinking because he would have ended up at a bar in town playing. The first two shows were much smaller in venue and he fucking killed....he WAS channeling Hendrix.

yup...the last true practitioner of jimi.