PDA

View Full Version : Glass Half Empty News

pbmax
08-31-2011, 12:30 PM
\
Finley in a soft boot. https://twitter.com/#!/TyDunne/status/108952978521722881

Driver has planned injection in the ankle he hurt in SB, needs weekend to recover. The article is written to seem like this injection was prescribed by his Doctor months ago for this date and that there is nothing to look at here, please go about your business. I say the injection is more likely for trouble he is having with that joint now and could point to issues he could continue to have into this season. Perhaps Rand could elucidate on how "planned" the injection might have been after ankle surgery severe enough for him to be immobilized for two months. http://t.co/1gXrW0V

Packers have not had stellar play from backup lineman in camp, McDonald and Slaughterhouse5 have been stuck in mediocrity while being outperformed by EDS. None seem ready to backup at Guard. Please excuse reporters illogic of looking back favorably on Spitz as golden veteran backup, only when pressed into service, played his way to the bench in favor of Lang. http://t.co/h4XXlm6

pbmax
08-31-2011, 12:32 PM
Mike Neal goes down without contact in camp and its not serious. Hasn't practiced in 15 days. After intially claiming he will be back "soon", he now vows to be ready by next Thursday. Is allowed to jog but not run. [/I]http://t.co/Py4t9i4

CJ Wilson is back, but is still behind Wynn on depth chart. https://twitter.com/#!/TyDunne/status/108734976773718016
https://twitter.com/#!/TyDunne/status/108579136498442240

Cobb bruised his knee versus the Colts (I think), returned to practice and dropped out early. Now slated to miss Chiefs game.

Joemailman
08-31-2011, 12:47 PM
http://www.sanfranciscosentinel.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/sky-is-falling-2.jpg

Harlan Huckleby
08-31-2011, 01:02 PM
one of these days the sky is really going to fall

Joemailman
08-31-2011, 01:38 PM
So Cobb, Jones and perhaps Driver won't play. Jennings will play one series. Can't say West and Gurley won't get their chance to impress.

pbmax
08-31-2011, 02:09 PM
So Cobb, Jones and perhaps Driver won't play. Jennings will play one series. Can't say West and Gurley won't get their chance to impress.

Will be interesting if they get time versus even a mix of first and second team. Good test.

red
08-31-2011, 02:14 PM
i getting to the point where it would surprise me one bit if west makes the team and jones doesn't

is jones even on the team anymore. i don't see him during the games and haven't heard squat about him in camp

wist43
08-31-2011, 02:17 PM
Maybe West can play in the front 7 on defense???

Freak Out
08-31-2011, 02:19 PM
Trade Jones for OL help now. Wait....the Munchkins voted that down long ago.

pbmax
08-31-2011, 02:27 PM
Jones started opposite Driver when Jennings was out. He is still #3.

RashanGary
08-31-2011, 02:27 PM
EDS is looking more and more like this years Jason Spitz. LG/C/RG backup. Do they give up on McDonald?

Clifton/Lang/Wells/Sitton/Bulaga
Newhouse/EDS/EDS/EDS/Newhouse
Sherrod

(McDonald/Dominbuez/Shlaudershit) on the bubble

That's 7 guys who can play. One Sherrod who you have high hopes can play some time this season as he gets his NFL sea-legs and one or two developmental guys in McD and Dominguez and shladershit. . . .

Who knows anymore?

Joemailman
08-31-2011, 03:04 PM
I guess it's a sign of progress that we're all concerned about who the backups are. I think Sherrod (LT), Dominguez (RG), and Newhouse (RT) are getting better and will continue to improve as they get to settle down more at their best position. The backups are short on experience, but not talent. How many teams in the NFL do you think have experienced solid veterans as their backup O-Lineman?

gbgary
08-31-2011, 03:05 PM
sounds like a lot of precautionary stuff. love the nicknames though. :D

pbmax
08-31-2011, 03:31 PM
Maybe West can play in the front 7 on defense???

Toolbelt is already the emergency QB if we trade Flynn.

Brandon494
08-31-2011, 03:50 PM
i getting to the point where it would surprise me one bit if west makes the team and jones doesn't

Where do you get your weed? :smk:

Joemailman
08-31-2011, 04:09 PM

It's not weed.

http://cdn.tauntr.com/sites/default/files/userfiles/Sizzurp6.gif

Brandon494
08-31-2011, 04:57 PM
^ HAHAHA nice

red
08-31-2011, 05:50 PM

we didn't want jones, we let him walk, we were ready to move on. no one else wanted him either so we got a great deal to resign him. now it being proven that we really are 6 or 7 deep at WR. jones has done jack shit so far the preseason, and we really wouldn't lose much, money wise, if we let him walk now.

he's shown nothing, he certainly hasn't looked like he's putting up much of a fight for his roster spot

Brandon494
08-31-2011, 06:07 PM
Hes not putting up for fight because his a lock to make the roster.

smuggler
08-31-2011, 09:23 PM
I don't care if Jones hasn't seen a pass in the preseason. He'll be his usual self in the regular season. That usual self includes clutch performances in the Atlanta playoff game and the Pittsburgh barnburner in 2009.

Joemailman
08-31-2011, 09:27 PM
If Jones rectifies whatever caused him to drop over-the-shoulder catches last year, he'll make a lot of people eat their words. He did a lot of good things last year that were overshadowed by the drops.

channtheman
08-31-2011, 11:23 PM
Last season showed me to say "Fuck you" to injuries and just keep on winning.

Fritz
09-01-2011, 04:38 PM
we didn't want jones, we let him walk, we were ready to move on. no one else wanted him either so we got a great deal to resign him. now it being proven that we really are 6 or 7 deep at WR. jones has done jack shit so far the preseason, and we really wouldn't lose much, money wise, if we let him walk now.

he's shown nothing, he certainly hasn't looked like he's putting up much of a fight for his roster spot

Dude, I thought you meant Brad Jones, and I was in complete agreement. Now I find out you mean that James Jones might not make the team.

It's not pot you're smoking, dude, it's crystal meth.

Fosco33
09-01-2011, 06:27 PM
Too bad about Finley. It was pretty obvious in the game. He immediately popped up and waved to the sideline. But that was before coming back into the game and catching a TD pass.

My question - why the fuck did he go back into a pointless game?

mission
09-01-2011, 06:49 PM
It's not weed.

http://cdn.tauntr.com/sites/default/files/userfiles/Sizzurp6.gif

lol that's awesome

vince
09-02-2011, 12:05 AM
In other GHE News, if any one of the starting 5 o-linemen go down, there could be trouble.

Harlan Huckleby
09-02-2011, 01:18 AM
In other GHE News, if any one of the starting 5 o-linemen go down, there could be trouble.

I think the tackles could be adequate after a few games of work.

pbmax
09-02-2011, 07:22 AM
I think the tackles could be adequate after a few games of work.

Sherrod had a couple of misses versus the Chiefs but he also seemed to make more positive plats. Drove a couple guys off the LOS, some nice pass pro. Just inconsisten again, but with higher positives this time.

RashanGary
09-02-2011, 07:27 AM
I woke up with a sore butt. Turns out I was given the date rape drug. . . . . .

the agony. . . . ohhh. . .. the humility. . . . . ohhh. . . . the satisfaction. . . . errr. . ..

My glass and ass were both half full. But now they're empty and I'm sad but I'm pretending like I didn't like it.

And Derrek Sherrod sucks. And our #2 and 3 units beat the Chiefs starters. Wow, they suck. We really did put it in their butts and we did it without warning, lube, or any loving affection at all. It was just kind of mean. And then we celebrated afterward.

red
09-02-2011, 08:48 AM
ok then

Fritz
09-02-2011, 08:52 AM
Well, Justin has butt-on-the-brain, red is on some crazy drugs, and the second unit offensive line was bad. A couple of you posted about Sherrod and McDonald, but how did Newhouse do at RT?

Also, I'm concerned about Finley - I thought he was okay, but then I read this casually dropped line in the GBPG that he'll "probably" be ready for the opener.

What?

pbmax
09-02-2011, 11:03 AM
Well, Justin has butt-on-the-brain, red is on some crazy drugs, and the second unit offensive line was bad. A couple of you posted about Sherrod and McDonald, but how did Newhouse do at RT?

Also, I'm concerned about Finley - I thought he was okay, but then I read this casually dropped line in the GBPG that he'll "probably" be ready for the opener.

What?

Newhouse was OK in the sense that the right side didn't burn to the ground while he was out there. The backup line (and 3rd stringers) did look less porous as the game went on. Its possible they played better as the few backups KC played made there way out to the field.

Finley was in a boot a couple of days ago. I think we are looking at something that could linger for a couple of weeks and not simply be day to day.

denverYooper
09-02-2011, 11:31 AM
ok then

The dude abides.