PDA

View Full Version : ROOKIES OF THE YR....OFFENSIVE.....DEFENSIVE

Bretsky
08-31-2011, 07:06 PM
Make your picks; go on record

DEFENSIVE ROOKIE OF THE YEAR---JJ WATT...........WISCONSON............BOOOOOOOOOOOOM

OFFENSVE ROOKIE OF THE YEAR--- Torn on this one. Debating between Mark Ingram....who btw would look great in green n gold but instead looks great in black and gold.............or............Greg Little.......who is not as good as AJ Green or Julio Jones....but just seems to be in a very good situation.

Watt....take it to the Bank
Little....may be a reach but it would not surprise me

red
08-31-2011, 07:10 PM
homer

Joemailman
08-31-2011, 07:27 PM
Randall Cobb

Vic So'oto

mission
08-31-2011, 07:57 PM
Not really going out on a limb here but my picks are Von Miller and Julio Jones.

Miller is going to benefit being opposite a healthy Dumervil(le?) ... and the Falcons seem convinced to prove to their fanbase that they didn't give up too much for Jones.

Partial
08-31-2011, 11:07 PM
Ingram or Lance Kendricks. Evidently the Rams are really thin at receiver and Kendricks has looked great. Some STL guy was on the radio today because of the Brewers Cardinals series and said he expected Kendricks to catch 50 balls.

Guiness
08-31-2011, 11:40 PM
The Rams have a pretty decent receiving corps.

Clayton just signed, Donnie Avery is there, and they signed Sims-Walker. None of them are superstars, but they're good enough to keep a rookie from seeing too many balls.

WR's are long shots to win that honor, they only seem to do it once every 4-5 years. They have to really light it up, because there's always some rookie RB thrust into a starting role that gets 1000 yards - even if long term, they don't do so great. Mike Anderson? Cadillac Williams?

Harlan Huckleby
09-01-2011, 09:07 AM
Damn, Mark Ingram was just, what, three picks away? Not looking like Sherrod will be up for that award. :neutral:

wootah
09-01-2011, 09:15 AM
Damn, Mark Ingram was just, what, three picks away? Not looking like Sherrod will be up for that award. :neutral:

The fact that our no1 pick doesn't have to contribute right away can also be looked at as a positive, Harlan: we have the luxury to let him learn the ropes from Clifton like Rodgers could from Favre :)

Pugger
09-01-2011, 09:25 AM
Had Ingram been available when our turn came up do any of you think TT would have pulled the trigger and passed on Sherrod?

Harlan Huckleby
09-01-2011, 10:51 AM
let him learn the ropes from Clifton hope Sherrod wasn't learning too much from Clifton's last game.

I'm not down on Sherrod, it is fine that he ride the pines for a year, he might be a good player.

on the other hand.... you really want a #1 pick to start somewhere. its irritating as hell, why, i've developed a rash

Harlan Huckleby
09-01-2011, 10:52 AM
Had Ingram been available when our turn came up do any of you think TT would have pulled the trigger and passed on Sherrod? is a pig's ass pork? does the pope shit in the woods?

Guiness
09-01-2011, 11:36 AM

Is that even possible? If Joe Thomas, who started 16 games at the 2nd most demanding position in the NFL didn't win it, an OL never will. Yes, I know AP won it that year, and he was great...at the instant gratification position.

Yoop
09-01-2011, 02:20 PM
hope Sherrod wasn't learning too much from Clifton's last game.

I'm not down on Sherrod, it is fine that he ride the pines for a year, he might be a good player.

on the other hand.... you really want a #1 pick to start somewhere. its irritating as hell, why, i've developed a rash

that holds true every where except oline, where only 30 or 40 % of rookies start, in fact thats true of 1st rounders also, add in no off season and it's even worse.
look how many are forced into action simply because the team has no alternative, if Cliffy is hurt we may end up as one of those teams, but thats the only way sherrod starts, and it's the same for most that start there first year.

Bretsky
09-01-2011, 06:50 PM
Had Ingram been available when our turn came up do any of you think TT would have pulled the trigger and passed on Sherrod?

yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes

RashanGary
09-01-2011, 09:04 PM
Boring, but I'm going to go Von Miller and Julio Jones. I like AJ Green better, but ATL has sold out to make Julio Jones one of hte center pieces of their offense. He has a good QB and will get changes.

I like Green better, but most dominant tall WR's carry more weight. 210 is kind of slight. Moss was that thin type, but Moss was a burner too. Green isn't quite so fast. He's going to have to work the middle more and play some of htat possession game. He might not hold up.

mission
09-01-2011, 10:22 PM
Vic So'oto:glug:

smuggler
09-01-2011, 10:30 PM
Cheers, Joe, mission!