PDA

View Full Version : Trouble brewing with the Bears?

packers11
09-02-2011, 09:54 AM
Agent Drew Rosenhaus has formally submitted a trade request on behalf of Bears WLB Lance Briggs
Briggs has three years left on a six-year deal he signed as an unrestricted free agent in 2008. In other words, the Bears have all the leverage here. Briggs says he is going to keep playing despite the trade demand and the Bears would never get equal value for the six-time Pro Bowler on the open

imscott72
09-02-2011, 10:03 AM
This has been brewing for awhile. Wasn't he whining last year too?

smuggler
09-02-2011, 10:31 AM
A few years back, he was the best LB going for them. I think he's going to fall by the wayside, which explains his desire for a new contract now.

red
09-02-2011, 10:46 AM
seems like every year there's trouble brewing in bearland

and it almost always starts with briggs

Pugger
09-02-2011, 10:55 AM
Trouble in Chicago? Great!! :D

denverYooper
09-02-2011, 11:42 AM
seems like every year there's trouble brewing in bearland

and it almost always starts with briggs

forcing a James Jones fumble

Guiness
09-02-2011, 01:28 PM
His contract numbers aren't that great, are they? I remember they franchised him, he was unhappy about it, but then signed a 6yr deal for an average annual amount less than the franchise number at the time.

I was surprised he signed it at the time. I can't find many details on it, and I've seen it said both that it was a front loaded deal, and that all the big money is in the last couple of years.

I did find one article that claimed they've paid him 20 of the $36million the contract was worth.
http://www.suntimes.com/sports/football/bears/7348123-417/hey-lancelife-in-the-nfl-just-isnt-fair-sometimes.html

Looks like this is a case of 'what have you done for me lately.' All he can see is that he's getting $4million this year, and he isn't happy about it. With 3yrs and $16million left, his maximum salary would be 5.3/yr. Rosenhouse is his agent, so there will likely be fireworks.

Brando19
09-02-2011, 02:26 PM
This is the second time he's requested a trade from the Bears.

LP
09-03-2011, 04:12 PM
http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Briggs-cant-have-it-both-ways-with-the-Bears.html

I read this a couple days ago and thought the writer pretty much nailed it. Drew Rottencrotch causing trouble where it shouldn't be again.