PDA

View Full Version : Dark Horse

RashanGary
09-02-2011, 10:17 PM
Anthony Bratton. . . .

I noticed him break on a ball the other night. He stood out. Then I got to thinking. . . . There hasn't been much talk of him getting burned all camp.

I went back and looked at his draft info. Hellofa athlete. Was a great college player. I don't know how he plays on ST's, but he flashed for a play there and I got to wondering. . . . Every year a guy is kept and we're like WTF. . . . This might be a Ted Thompson WTF guy. Maybe practice squad too.

vince
09-02-2011, 10:36 PM
Love it. I didn't see or read much about him all camp. He's about as dark a horse as they come.

Guiness
09-02-2011, 11:34 PM
My dark horse is Crabtree.

Everyone here seems down on him, but I think he's done enough to make the squad.

RashanGary
09-03-2011, 12:29 AM

Everyone here seems down on him, but I think he's done enough to make the squad.

Slocum says he's the best blocker on ST's. Rodgers said he's the best blocking TE on offense. The way he blocks, I see no reason he couldn't be our backup FB too. Quinn Johnson brings almost nothing to this team. We normally have 6 TE/FB's No reason we can't again.

As far as I'm concerned, fuck Quinn Johnson. If we need a yard, take it behind the Wells/Sitton/Bulaga/Crabtree side. I'm sure one of those gaps opens up for a yard. And for shits and giggles, make sure Nelson (our best blocking WR) is on that side too. If the defense sells out inside, it's always nice to have that bounce out option and a WR you can count on to get his block.

pbmax
09-03-2011, 09:01 AM

McGinn has an article up behind the paywall which claims that at TE, Finley is 1, Taylor is 2 (lock solid), Crabtree is 3, Quarless is 4 and DJ Williams is 5th.

smuggler
09-03-2011, 11:11 AM
Interesting that Taylor has jumped that high up the depth chart. I thought Quarless was looking pretty capable in the preseason. Huh...

bobblehead
09-03-2011, 05:13 PM
McGinn has an article up behind the paywall which claims that at TE, Finley is 1, Taylor is 2 (lock solid), Crabtree is 3, Quarless is 4 and DJ Williams is 5th.

Williams can't block his way out of a wet paper bag. I am starting to like Quarless just because word is that he worked hard on his blocking and has improved immensely. Shows heart. Kid might be a good one yet.