PDA

View Full Version : Madden '12

Brando19
09-03-2011, 05:28 PM
Anyone get Madden 12 yet?? I got it for the PS3 and LOVE the changes this year. I was playing the Steelers online (i'm 7-1) and I used Rodgers to run for a 14 yd TD. It was in Pittsburgh and A-rod turned and did the championship belt. The crowd booed.

red
09-03-2011, 05:32 PM
nope, not gonna happen. i bought it every year up to madden 10, always hoping for something really different

to me its not worth the 60 bucks for the minor"big changes" that ea made again this year

i can't believe people fall for it every year

Brando19
09-03-2011, 05:36 PM
i don't fall for it every year...i just love the new rosters and the online play. I'll buy it every year that i can.

Brandon494
09-03-2011, 05:49 PM
i don't fall for it every year...i just love the new rosters and the online play. I'll buy it every year that i can.

Exactly who wants to play without a update roster?

The franchise mode is a lot better this year as well. I still need to get use to the game play but the game is more realistic then last season. I'm 3-1 on XBox and only use the Packers. Finley catches everything and Woodson is a beast! I've been putting him in the slot a lot of blitzing him, I'm averaging like 3 sacks a game with him.

Smidgeon
09-03-2011, 06:32 PM
If they still made it for the PC, I'd still be buying it yearly...

Brando19
09-03-2011, 06:46 PM
Exactly who wants to play without a update roster?

The franchise mode is a lot better this year as well. I still need to get use to the game play but the game is more realistic then last season. I'm 3-1 on XBox and only use the Packers. Finley catches everything and Woodson is a beast! I've been putting him in the slot a lot of blitzing him, I'm averaging like 3 sacks a game with him.

I only use the Packers, as well. Finley is amazing. I'm averaging around 150 yds per game with him. Grant is really good, too. It seems like everybody wants to be the Eagles. As long as you contain Vick...it's a piece of cake. I like Woodson in this game, but Raji and Matthews are unbelievable.

gbpackfan
09-03-2011, 06:51 PM
I have it and Matthews is a BEAST! So fast you can't run away from him.

PaCkFan_n_MD
09-04-2011, 11:13 AM
10th or 11th year in a row I got the game. I love the new changes they made to the franchise mode like the re-signing logic, etc. I'm still trying to get a feel for the game play though.

mission
09-04-2011, 11:25 AM
nope, not gonna happen. i bought it every year up to madden 10, always hoping for something really different

to me its not worth the 60 bucks for the minor"big changes" that ea made again this year

i can't believe people fall for it every year

There's always one of you, Red ha. That sentiment stems back to the early 2000's and 50% of sports game players used that line with EA. Especially when the PC version wasn't getting any attention and really shitting the bed.

The gameplay is actually a lot different with the collision models making a much more realistic game/running game. It's came a long way.

Plus, there's nothing worse than playing a game with outdated rosters. I'd spend $60 just on rosters ... luckily they improve the game for me too.

My favorite version is still Madden 93 before they changed to the new ice skating gameplay model.

Disclosure - I founded the original madden site -- MaddenPlanet... which now seems to be done.

Brando19
09-04-2011, 07:01 PM
And when Kuhn runs for a first down at Lambeau...the crowd yells, "KUUUUUUUUHN!"

Lurker64
09-04-2011, 07:22 PM
I only buy Madden in case the Packers win the superbowl. I'm just not sure if I want to buy Madden '11 (which is like $10 now) or Madden '12 (which is $60).

Brandon494
09-05-2011, 06:56 PM
James Jones just dropped a 30 yard over the shoulder would be game winning TD catch against the Steelers as time expired....:soap:

Packers4Glory
09-05-2011, 07:53 PM
woot woot i'm not 3-2 on PS3 after a auspicious start haha but i do suck.

Brando19
09-05-2011, 10:33 PM
Let me tell you...play as the Packers and while on offense go to the shotgun plays and push up two times until you see the four verticals in which cobb goes across the middle. Oh my gosh...noone can stop Cobb. I've done it over and over online and noone knows how to stop that play. I played my brother in law online and he figured out what i was doing, but he still couldn't stop Cobb. Try it and you'll love it.

Brandon494
09-05-2011, 10:50 PM
Let me tell you...play as the Packers and while on offense go to the shotgun plays and push up two times until you see the four verticals in which cobb goes across the middle. Oh my gosh...noone can stop Cobb. I've done it over and over online and noone knows how to stop that play. I played my brother in law online and he figured out what i was doing, but he still couldn't stop Cobb. Try it and you'll love it.

Yea I do that same play expect I put Finley in as the #5 receiver :)

Cheesehead Craig
09-06-2011, 04:17 PM
I've got to get it yet for my XBox (just got it). It's been a long time since I've played this though, like 10 years.

Freak Out
09-06-2011, 07:48 PM

You fucking redneck.

How you treating my Mom?

Brando19
09-06-2011, 09:10 PM
You fucking redneck.

How you treating my Mom?

Well..I'm trying to give her the son she never had...you know...the one that's smart, doesn't fuck fat guys, and wasn't dropped on his head at birth and kicked in the face.

mission
09-06-2011, 10:22 PM
You guys finding it a lot easier to run the ball?

Obviously I have Grant on the bench and Starks is looking like AP out there. 17 carries, 183 yds... 19 carries, 154 yards. The new running game is fun, guys don't just come flying out of no where, but I might have to do some slider tweeking to get it a little bit more realistic.

Brando19
09-06-2011, 10:32 PM
Yeah I find it a little easier this year. I also find it very easy to return kickoffs with Cobb. I've been playing Madden for years, but I have a stupid question. What exactly is a slider?

mission
09-06-2011, 10:51 PM
Yeah I find it a little easier this year. I also find it very easy to return kickoffs with Cobb. I've been playing Madden for years, but I have a stupid question. What exactly is a slider?

Sliders are those horizontal settings bars that you can slide one direction or another to change the relative value of things like 'o-line blocking', 'run defense' (etc) in the option menu. There are sites out there where supernerds test these out for hours on end and provide what they feel is a more realistic gameplay experience than the default slider settings. I don't like the ultra-difficult stuff- I'm not a masochist and like to dominate most of the time-- so usually find a set of sliders that a lot of people seem to be using and end up adjusting them some to my liking.

Brando19
09-07-2011, 07:04 PM
Sliders are those horizontal settings bars that you can slide one direction or another to change the relative value of things like 'o-line blocking', 'run defense' (etc) in the option menu. There are sites out there where supernerds test these out for hours on end and provide what they feel is a more realistic gameplay experience than the default slider settings. I don't like the ultra-difficult stuff- I'm not a masochist and like to dominate most of the time-- so usually find a set of sliders that a lot of people seem to be using and end up adjusting them some to my liking.

Thanks, man. I'm going to check into that and hopefully step up my game.

Packers4Glory
09-08-2011, 08:03 AM
NO! I got stuffed trying to run all game last night playing the Chargers online...even at the 1. ended up losing. F$#k!

However the verticals play is as close to a sure thing there is in this game.