PDA

View Full Version : Packer trades

Brandon494
09-03-2011, 05:41 PM
Quinn Johnson to the Titans, not sure on the details yet.

Caleb Schlauderaff has been traded to the New York Jets for future pick.

Freak Out
09-03-2011, 05:45 PM
Nice to see TT is getting something for these guys.

Guiness
09-03-2011, 05:49 PM
Yup, turning the bottom of the roster into draft picks is like a futures contract - get something down the line that might be worth something. Good job considering both of these guys were likely to get cut.

Brandon494
09-03-2011, 05:51 PM
Yup, turning the bottom of the roster into draft picks is like a futures contract - get something down the line that might be worth something. Good job considering both of these guys were likely to get cut.

Show our deep this team is, THANKS TED!

channtheman
09-03-2011, 05:51 PM
I think we drafted Johnson in the 5th round. It'll be interesting to see what we got for him.

Brandon494
09-03-2011, 05:54 PM
I'm guessing a 7th.

Guiness
09-03-2011, 05:55 PM
Anything other than a 7th would surprise me.

Joemailman
09-03-2011, 05:57 PM
NM

Harlan Huckleby
09-03-2011, 06:09 PM
Quinn Johnson to the Titans, not sure on the details yet. .

be still my beating heart

Harlan Huckleby
09-03-2011, 06:11 PM
Beautiful job on QJ, Ted. Now, trade one of the TE's for a Guard. They can have anybody but Finley.

smuggler
09-03-2011, 10:57 PM
Considering we got some marginal play out of him, a 7th is a bargain. Dude wasn't going to make the team this year anyway.

Fritz
09-03-2011, 11:24 PM
I would have to agree. You got two years out of him and then you get a seventh. Not great, but not bad for a guy who didn't quite develop as they would have liked.

Bretsky
09-03-2011, 11:33 PM
I would have to agree. You got two years out of him and then you get a seventh. Not great, but not bad for a guy who didn't quite develop as they would have liked.

Homer :)

Dude was a 5th round draft pick and overall he stunk it up for two yrs and then was traded for a conditional 7th round pick cuz he was not roster worthy.

HarveyWallbangers
09-03-2011, 11:40 PM
Considering most 5th round picks flame out, not bad. I wouldn't say he stunk it up. He was just limited, but if you go back to our Super Bowl year, Johnson was leading the way a few of our important TD runs. Didn't he blow up somebody for Kuhn on the play that Raji was in the playoffs last year? I remember another run by Kuhn where he led the way. I think it was against the Giants in a must win game. Watch TT turn the 7th round pick into gold.
:)

Honestly, I thought he might make the team based solely on the fact we have nobody like him. Be prepared for lots of throwing in short yardage situations.

Lurker64
09-03-2011, 11:54 PM
Schlauderaff is being traded for a conditional pick, not a future pick. Conceivably he might be traded for nothing, if Schlauderaff is no better with the Jets than he was with us (i.e. he doesn't turn into a player, he doesn't play, and he gets cut). It just makes sense to do the deal if you know a guy won't clear waivers (makes sense for the Jets too, since they would have claimed him but they're low enough in the waiver priority that they aren't assured to get him.)

Guiness
09-04-2011, 12:53 AM
Strange that he'd be the guy we trade for something.

I think the TT is still looking for a guard (we only kept 8 OL, so are probably looking to add one), but someone else in the league thinks a guy we were cutting will be serviceable?

If I was to guess a player we'd get something for, it would have been a TE or WR.

RashanGary
09-04-2011, 01:05 AM
Honestly, I thought he might make the team based solely on the fact we have nobody like him. Be prepared for lots of throwing in short yardage situations.

Bulaga has made huge strides. The Wells/Sitton/Bulaga/Crabtree side is the best blocking side we've had in damn near a decade. Kuhn is a fine blocker. Raji and I think Dietrich Smith are big bad ass blockers. Putting Raji in is no more limiting than putting Johnson in. In fact, I'd say Raji is more likely to catch the ball, a better runner if you asked him to and a better blocker.

Losing Quinn Johnson means less than zero to this team. If we got a pile of dog shit, we'd come out ahead just by subtraction.

Guiness
09-04-2011, 01:19 AM
Holy - talk about turning on a guy as soon as he leave the building. QJ he wasn't THAT bad, he blocked pretty well for Kuhn and Starks through the playoffs last year.

Lurker64
09-04-2011, 01:56 AM
Holy - talk about turning on a guy as soon as he leave the building. QJ he wasn't THAT bad, he blocked pretty well for Kuhn and Starks through the playoffs last year.

When Quinn Johnson would effectively and correctly block the man he was assigned to block, boy howdy could that kid lay the wood. It's just that he misses (or makes partial contact on) an alarming number of blocks, and is absolutely no threat to catch a pass or run with the ball. On a power running team (like Tennessee, say) he's a much better fit than he is with what we do on offense. MM values multiplicity from his offensive skill players, and Quinn Johnson was sorely lacking in multiplicity. There was one thing that he could do very well (if not reliably) and if he can hone his craft so he's reliable at it, he could be a heck of a player... he just wasn't going to be one for us.

HarveyWallbangers
09-04-2011, 01:57 AM
Bulaga has made huge strides. The Wells/Sitton/Bulaga/Crabtree side is the best blocking side we've had in damn near a decade. Kuhn is a fine blocker. Raji and I think Dietrich Smith are big bad ass blockers. Putting Raji in is no more limiting than putting Johnson in. In fact, I'd say Raji is more likely to catch the ball, a better runner if you asked him to and a better blocker.

Losing Quinn Johnson means less than zero to this team. If we got a pile of dog shit, we'd come out ahead just by subtraction.

I personally don't want to see Raji blocking anymore, but I have no love lost for Johnson. If he played special teams, I might, but he was a one trick pony. He was clearly the best we had lead blocking in short yardage situations. Kuhn can handle blitz protection, but he isn't going to maul anybody any a shortage situation. I'd rather keep an OLB prospect like Lattimore or So'oto though. If TT hit on one of these guys, that would be much more important that what Johnson provided.

Brandon494
09-04-2011, 06:44 AM
Random thought....I miss William Henderson. He would be a perfect fit in this offense.

VermontPackFan
09-04-2011, 06:47 AM

Agreed. His inability to contribute on special teams cost him a roster spot. The skill set he brought to the table will be missed in a few situations this year unless we find someone with the same mentaility (i.e. Ryan Taylor?)

On a side note to JH, dont hold back, tell us how you really feel about QJ... :)

VermontPackFan
09-04-2011, 06:55 AM
Random thought....I miss William Henderson. He would be a perfect fit in this offense.

Spot on! #30 would be perfect, a bruising blocker who kept D's honest by his ability to catch the swing pass out of the backfield.

BlueBrewer
09-04-2011, 07:37 AM
Spot on! #30 would be perfect, a bruising blocker who kept D's honest by his ability to catch the swing pass out of the backfield.

Sounds like John Kuhn right down to the number to me....

Bossman641
09-04-2011, 07:45 AM
Hopefully Taylor can line up in the backfield because I don't want to see Kuhn leading the way on a 4th and 1. And I'd hate to play Raji in these situations and risk injury.

Brandon494
09-04-2011, 08:13 AM
Sounds like John Kuhn right down to the number to me....

Reliable hands out of the backfield? yes

Bruising blocker? not so much

smuggler
09-04-2011, 11:11 AM
Homer :)

Dude was a 5th round draft pick and overall he stunk it up for two yrs and then was traded for a conditional 7th round pick cuz he was not roster worthy.

Point is, no matter how good you are at drafting, you are always going to have dudes you hit on and dudes you miss on. TT missed on Johnson with a 5th rd pick, but gets something of a retry on that miss, because we got a 7th/6th round pick out of him (dependent on QJohnson meeting the trade criteria). And we are going to get at least a 7th because the Titans' only other FB is suspended for the first 4 games due to violating the league's substance abuse policy. Johnson is going to be active for those 4 games.

rbaloha1
09-04-2011, 12:00 PM
Good trade since both players were going to get cut (one man's garbage is another treasure).

The Utah guard was physically over matched. QJ was way too inconsistent.

In the near future could give away a future draft to land an impact rookie player (i.e. Julio Jones, Falcons). This roster could be around for several seasons with openings fill by free agents.